Texas Pansies

Tesseract

On 11/28/2018 at 8:47 PM, old_e said:

I saw alot of Scott's Valley. No one got a chest bump for the BA  vs Aledo. That was expected. BA plays in SoCals  highest division bracket  so it wasn't a surprise for some of us.

That’s just not true 

Aledo was something like the 5-time defending 5a state champion and a perennial top 10 TX team in the TX rankings 

Bishop Amat was an occasional CA too 25 

And they crushed them 

t-Ball is very selective in his games and rationale tonarrive at his obvious conclusions 

1 minute ago, Pops said:

That’s just not true 

Aledo was something like the 5-time defending 5a state chamonand a perennial top 10 TX team in the TX rankings 

And they crushed them 

t-Ball is very selective in his games and rationale tonarrive at his obvious conclusions 

And you know what? I can not find  video of that game. 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Pops said:

That’s just not true 

Aledo was something like the 5-time defending 5a state champion and a perennial top 10 TX team in the TX rankings 

And they crushed them 

Yep... 

Yeah... 

Here we go... 

"Occasionally top 25" 

"And Aledo was like 5x state champ" 

I doubt 99.9% of this statement...

9 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Yep... 

Yeah... 

Here we go... 

"Occasionally top 25" 

Why don’t you look it up 

it’s true but there are booger eaters on here that will scream and call you a liar if you misrember something so I always feel the need to quantify 

I’m 100% certain that you were just needing something for your ass to talk out of

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Yep... 

Yeah... 

Here we go... 

"Occasionally top 25" 

Aledo has won 6 state titles in the last 9 years I believe 

Amat has never won a SBG or played in one and hasn’t won a section championship since 1995

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Pops said:

Why don’t you look it up 

it’s true but there are booger eaters on here that will scream and call you a liar if you misrember something so I always feel the need to quantify 

I’m 100% certain that you were just needing something for your ass to talk out of

8 minutes ago, Ararar said:

Amat has never won a SBG or played in one and hasn’t won a section championship since 1995

Ok so let's go back to the year BA beat Aledo... 

BA finished #5 in CA some how... 

Aledo won state 

Aledo was not on a state title streak that year...  

Aledo only has 7 state titles total from what I've seen... 

By saying 5 time defending state champ you're saying that they're coming off a streak of winning 5 straight titles... 

When they haven't... 

Aledo has never had a 5x streak 

The closest they've had is 3 streak 09-11... 

In which neither of those did they play BA... 

Now back to when they did... 

Yet again BA finished inside the top 25... 

Matter a fact BA has finished inside the CA top 25 quite a few more times than you'd like to admit... In the past 10 years...

As for them not winning a state title or section title or wtf ever it is y'all play for out there. 

That seems to have no bearing on them being in the CA top 25... 

Which makes sense... 

Not every team in the top 25 is gonna have a title... That goes for any state... 

Point is Pops I did my research and you didn't... 

So whose talking out of their ass now? 

• Like 1

Do we need to keep going...? 

I know the angle you're trying to go for... 

You're trying to make it look like some middle of the road Private school that's never been ranked highly beat a notable Texas Champ... 

When that's not the case... 

A top 5 CA team beat a TX team that at the end of the year probably actually wasn't a TX top 5 team... 

Given the depth of 6A in TX Aledo probably finished between 8-15... 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Goldmember said:

So apparently the only way to not be a "whored out" program is to lose to public schools.

I must have rung the bell of truth, otherwise, why the response? It appears, Goldilocks,  you're a  standard deviation below average. I only respond to fools  once. So hello and goodbye . It's not your fault the best part of you ran down your Mama's leg. . 

Marist has the resources to match any program , in any area. To claim otherwise is pure, undistilled nonsense.

NOBODY is impressed by an urban private school assembling super teams, ala STA, MD, SBJ, BG, etc. etc. etc. It means nothing. It's a different animal.

The teams I'm most impressed with this year are Allen and Colquitt. Excellent teams that continue to win. I'm more impressed with Colquitt because they aren't in a large urban area.

Even public school teams in places like Tampa can assemble a pretty decent amount of talent if enough kids want to go to the school, but teams like Colquitt don't have an enormous population of kids to draw from and when they are consistently good, it's an impressive feat. I'm not as dumb as I sound. I know some kids will find their way there, but it's a different animal than Miami Central, etc.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Ok so let's go back to the year BA beat Aledo... 

BA finished #5 in CA some how... 

Aledo won state 

Aledo was not on a state title streak that year...  

Aledo only has 7 state titles total from what I've seen... 

By saying 5 time defending state champ you're saying that they're coming off a streak of winning 5 straight titles... 

When they haven't... 

Aledo has never had a 5x streak 

The closest they've had is 3 streak 09-11... 

In which neither of those did they play BA... 

Now back to when they did... 

Yet again BA finished inside the top 25... 

Matter a fact BA has finished inside the CA top 25 quite a few more times than you'd like to admit... In the past 10 years...

As for them not winning a state title or section title or wtf ever it is y'all play for out there. 

That seems to have no bearing on them being in the CA top 25... 

Which makes sense... 

Not every team in the top 25 is gonna have a title... That goes for any state... 

Point is Pops I did my research and you didn't... 

So whose talking out of their ass now? 

Aledo plays in the 4th largest class too boot. 5A DIi

7 hours ago, TigerHat said:

All I know is that the number one game in the country this week is Galena Park North Shore vs Katy at NRG stadium at 7:00 PM this evening. I'll be there, and I expect a great game. The game is available on Texanlive.com for $6.95, which is less than the cost of a hot dog at that stadium. :)

We got ourselves a nice little Russel in the Metroplex as well.  SLC vs. Trinity.  Can't hardly get more name brand than that.  Katy vs. North Shore awesome.  

• Thanks 1

Since this is a national forum, that 7:00 PM kick off time is Central Standard Time, 8:00 PM Eastern, 6:00 PM Mountain, 5:00 PM California Clueless Time, 4:00 PM Alaska Standard Time, 3:00 PM Hawaii - Aleutian Standard Time. Oh and for the Jawja posters the big hand will be on the 12 and the little hand will be on the 8.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Pops said:

That’s just not true 

And they crushed them 

I said it was solid win...If you had actually seen the game then you might realize what I am talking about when it comes to the injuries and turnovers.  Aledo laid big fat egg in the game.

Stop acting like this BA team was not any good they was 2 point conversion away from beating CC deep in the playoffs.

Aledo top RB was out - This was the kid who won MVP in the state Championship

The other D1skill kid was hurt - he played very limited roll.  They had to take their only returning defensive player and put him at RB and he rushed for 170 yards in the game.  

They turned the ball over on 3 consecutive positions after the block punt for TD.  

BA - was solid team - They rolled the dice on some big 4th down plays and put Aledo away.

You can get real stupid if you believe rankings - Prior to this time not one single Aledo should have ever been considered top 10 in the state of Texas by any bogus ranking system.  Everyone here know they would not have competed deep into our top 2 playoffs.

You realize that Aledo is 5A D2 school size - This is our 4th best classification. 

9 hours ago, Ararar said:

Aledo is winning titles in our 3rd and 4th best brackets.  They are not beating the likes of Allen, Trinity, Katy, North Shore and many more  There is freaking difference - Just ask DLS who did play against our true big boy team.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, DevilDog said:

We got ourselves a nice little Russel in the Metroplex as well.  SLC vs. Trinity.  Can't hardly get more name brand than that.  Katy vs. North Shore awesome.  

Here we are in the 3rd round and we are having games equal to or better than other state finals. 

I will be in San Antonio working the National AD conference during our semi final week.  I am hoping to take a lot of OOS folks to big time game.

I am hoping for North Shore vs Judson - even if it was Katy vs Lake Travis or any combination of those teams it would be big time.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 181pl said:

NOBODY is impressed by an urban private school assembling super teams, ala STA, MD, SBJ, BG, etc. etc. etc. It means nothing. It's a different animal.

The teams I'm most impressed with this year are Allen and Colquitt. Excellent teams that continue to win. I'm more impressed with Colquitt because they aren't in a large urban area.

Even public school teams in places like Tampa can assemble a pretty decent amount of talent if enough kids want to go to the school, but teams like Colquitt don't have an enormous population of kids to draw from and when they are consistently good, it's an impressive feat. I'm not as dumb as I sound. I know some kids will find their way there, but it's a different animal than Miami Central, etc.

Thanks. This is pretty true and what you are commending is a pretty difficult thing to have and continue to have over the amount of time we have had it here. 

It starts with coaching, but beyond that, It takes a lot of people pulling in the same direction. 

The td club directors and president all working for free, dealing with hooplah from every direction, and still getting it done. Civic groups volunteering countless hours of fund raising and actually working/serving in the nutrition program. Tax payers all agreeing to build nice, new and necessary facilities. Coaches working from 8 til midnight and later during the season to create game plans and schemes. Players giving up all of their free time during the school year and much of it during summers in order to get to where they are. The fans that buy tickets, come out and support the team during games, even scrimmages.

In this day and time when there is so much division and so much pulling in opposite directions in so many ways, it truly is commendable to have so many pulling and creating the success you see. 

• Like 3