MD 35 - DLS 21 (F)

DLS_Spartan

1 hour ago, Cal 14 said:

I agree.  If that stadium is supposed to hold 12K, there was at least 6-7K.

The 8 pm start, for good reason or not, was to be consistent with how the rest of the starts are going to be (4/8 pm) at Cerritos College.

The parking was as outrageous as I thought it would be.  I got there late, but I had to be pointed to a remote lot, then walk up to a table to buy a pass, then walk back to the car to put the pass on my dash.  Then, it was about a 1/4-mile walk to the gate.

Good exercise

2 hours ago, On2whls said:

Don’t get so defensive.  DLS is a very good team but it’s now 3 straight title game losses.  What worked before no longer applies. The tradition, the work ethic, the conditioning, the execution, isn’t enough any more. You need all that AND more athletes.

DLS is in the same boat now with any other team that wishes to win the state title.  Even they will have to find a way to adapt.  And, don’t count on the last few years as being an aberration.  Think of the superteam void just north of LA beyond the tentacles of MD and SJB.  If, as I believe, Oaks Christian has designs on filling that role, add one more head to the two headed monster.  

The landscape has definitely  changed for sure.  It is AAU ball now instead of H.S. But I have to disagree on some of your points though. Hard work ethic, conditioning, all of the above, will still count. What I took away from last nights game, was that a really good DLS team, or a really good Cen10 team, can still compete and beat the MD's or SJB. It just won't happen very often, as you or Dela needs some very good enrollment  classes. And that doesn't happen every year. This Dela team, while good, was still a work in progress with a lot of loose ends. They had no margin of error, because they didn't have one of their top notch O-lines, nor did they have a top notch rb, and DB's, while better than last season, are definitely not top notch. If they get a good O-line once again, with a good qb such as Hale, and a couple more athletic defensive players, they could take down an MD.  I think both Cen10 and Dela 2015 could have been a good matchup with last nights MD.  I just think both programs need to get some better players, yet don't need 25 or 35 D-1 to get it done. 

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

I am flattered... While I do enjoy @BraceFace69 ‘s short, concise and witty clowning of you and your team, I can assure you he is not me....

@Sammyswordsman , @Exocet 98, @Bestcoast And now @BraceFace69 ... who will I be next?....🤣🤣

The funniest part about this one is, both @Blueliner and I think @BraceFace69 is actually you!....🤣🤣🤣

Someone is an imposter 

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

A kid who spits in another kids face is a Thug no matter what race he is.... Kids who shoplift at gas stations are thugs no matter what race they....

I don’t think the definition fits yours.I don’t condone their actions.Nobody was prosecuted or hurt.Kids make mistakes but unless they continually make mistakes I wouldn’t throw the thug/ghetto thug terminology around 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CaliNorth said:

To be fair about verbage, I don't think the word  " Thug " has any  connection to race, except if you want to read into it that way. It's what pair of glasses you choose to look thru. 

Nope.com...while I don’t condone what Glen did I know he is not a “thug”. Kid made a mistake (a big mistake) in the heat of the game. I’ve don’t similar things in the past.

but calling a tough black man a “thug” for one mistake does have a bigoted tone to it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ararar said:

Kind of disappointed in DLS fans in their response to the loss.”Thug” and “Ghetto Thugs” ? I mean it’s really sad to stoop that low about kids you know nothing about.You see/read a fraction of their life and condemn them with racially charged words.

“DLS fans” have said no such thing. Please be responsible with YOUR narrative.

1 hour ago, Eddyr2 said:

Blockism is spreading throughout NorCal HELLA fast...

You SoCal guys are ones arguing with him all day. Just sayin’ 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Ararar said:

I don’t think the definition fits yours.I don’t condone their actions.Nobody was prosecuted or hurt.Kids make mistakes but unless they continually make mistakes I wouldn’t throw the thug/ghetto thug terminology around 

Fair enough... I agree that Using the words Thug and Thug Ball is not a good way to describe those kids actions and it can be taken out of context...

I never used the word “Ghetto” in any of my posts, so I don’t know where that is coming from... 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

“DLS fans” have said no such thing. Please be responsible with YOUR narrative.

You SoCal guys are ones arguing with him all day. Just sayin’ 🤣

He’s NoCal guys Bff.

Nocal support of Folsom shows how desperate NoCal is. 

Being a tier below SoCal isn’t so bad. Just own it and accept it fellas!

6 minutes ago, Bestcoast said:

He’s NoCal guys Bff.

Nocal support of Folsom shows how desperate NoCal is. 

Being a tier below SoCal isn’t so bad. Just own it and accept it fellas!

I want I make it clear I was talking about your guys arguing with BLock, not OC89.

Block is the only NorCal person that pimps Folsom.

2 hours ago, Eddyr2 said:

Blockism is spreading throughout NorCal HELLA fast...

Easy there. Let's not get crazy. I do not like the use of thugs or ghetto just because they are black. Not everyone who is brown or black is a thug. Now, I do agree there is such a thing as thuggish behavior. Harper was not a thug, just a little bitch for doing that. Big difference.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheHotisBlock said:

His other handle is @BraceFace69 

Just for transparency. 

Hey block / Sybil,

Your fellow NorCal baby seal slap dicks are on to your personality disorder.

I see Cybil has taken over this thread with multiple personality disorder in hand to tear down DLS and prop up her fragile ego...ala truthhertz and irishblessings ".

LOL!!!

• Haha 1