MD 35 - DLS 21 (F)

DLS_Spartan

5 hours ago, Blueliner said:

Not trying to be a dick, but I hope that you’re just playing dumb? Seriously.

Enlighten me. You clearly have strong opinions on the matter. It's one thing to regurgitate buzzwords and talking points, and another thing entirely to provide a well-reasoned, well-sourced articulation of what you actually mean.

Watching the game in person, the DLS running game was not a threat at any point all night, however MD was taking huge risks defensively by lining up in man to man with no safety. The DLS coaches had drawn up some masterful one route passing plays that got wide open more often than not.

DLS as usual had Tier 1 coaching, and a Tier 1 game plan.

DLS generally can't run on front 7's like MD, or IMG tho.   Just to big and strong.  Bigger and better than the 2001 Poly front 7. (Poly's LB were weak that year).  

Last night The bread and butter dive was getting sniffed out and hit in the backfield by multiple defenders.

16 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

It will be interesting to hear The Shadows take on the game.  He was very archive on the sidelines last night.  Wanted this one badly.

6 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Watching the game in person, the DLS running game was not a threat at any point all night, however MD was taking huge risks defensively by lining up in man to man with no safety. The DLS coaches had drawn up some masterful one route passing plays that got wide open more often than not.

DLS as usual had Tier 1 coaching, and a Tier 1 game plan.

DLS generally can't run on front 7's like MD, or IMG tho.   Just to big and strong.  Bigger and better than the 2001 Poly front 7. (Poly's LB were weak that year).  

Last night The bread and butter dive was getting sniffed out and hit in the backfield by multiple defenders.

Don't tell us you are The Shadow, too.

Good win by MD, and good effort by DLS.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, CaliNorth said:

I guess you can say they are a good o-line comparing to most other team's  o-lines, but it certainly is not up to par with the normal DLS lines. To ,many missed blocks, and don't have the normal push. Last years o-line was, imop much better, and each yr before that. That, and the DB's were a weak point in tonight's game.

There was very little deception from DLS with timing of the snap.  MD defense was able to move at the snap as quickly as DLS.  

The DB’s looked bad only because MD has two guys that are very tough to cover.   

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, badrouter said:

I'm pretty sure there are some folks who'd rather just replay the Southern Section playoffs and call it the national playoffs. Because Ned's algorithm 🤣 

Or because the two best teams in the Country, easily, were featured in that playoff bracket.

Guess what else....they will both start 2019 as #1 and #2 again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Mark Tennis of Calhi sports stated that DLS defense was the 5th best in school history.  I would like thoughts on that from the DLS guys.  Personally I thought the 2013 defense, 2014 defenses were better, and obviously the '98-2003 defenses too.

2015 defense better than 2014 imo.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Or because the two best teams in the Country, easily, were featured in that playoff bracket.

Mater Dei lost a game 41-18. They don't automatically -without beating them on the field- get to definitively claim they're better than a 15-0 champ from a top 3 state. The team they lost 41-18 to, SJB, lost to a STA team vastly inferior than this year's STA team. Doesn't mean anything certain for this season, but does make it VERY difficult for anyone to credibly claim SJB is just automatically-without proving it on the field-better than that 15-0 team which beat STA by two toudchdowns. "Vegas" can favor whoever they would, California homers can do the same. But, in a just, reasonable world, we'd have to leave this business unfinished. You don't *know* shit. Neither does Ned's algorithm.

13 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Not even close. You beat soft California and barely edged on your home field with home refs an all star team who zig zagging around the country. California is not good or deep. You compile a few super teams and think the nation is impressed. A few years back NJ did the same stuff. And had some good teams. But we aren't impressed. Sorry.

2 minutes ago, badrouter said:

Mater Dei lost a game 41-18. They don't automatically -without beating them on the field- get to definitively claim they're better than a 15-0 champ from a top 3 state. The team they lost 41-18 to, SJB, lost to a STA team vastly inferior than this year's STA team. Doesn't mean anything certain for this season, but does make it VERY difficult for anyone to credibly claim SJB is just automatically-without proving it on the field-better than that 15-0 team which beat STA by two toudchdowns. "Vegas" can favor whoever they would, California homers can do the same. But, in a just, reasonable world, we'd have to leave this business unfinished. You don't *know* shit. Neither does Ned's algorithm.

I’ll withhold judgement on Lakekand until I watch  film.   I will give you credit for pushing them and being correct.  Why didn’t the coach get them a better schedule?

2 minutes ago, 181pl said:

Not even close. You beat soft California and barely edged on your home field with home refs an all star team who zig zagging around the country. California is not good or deep. You compile a few super teams and think the nation is impressed. A few years back NJ did the same stuff. And had some good teams. But we aren't impressed. Sorry.

Who are we supposed to be afraid of or impressed with from Florida this year?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, badrouter said:

This is embarrassing to read.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Woodchopper said:

Small crowd for a championship game. (4,800)

That number seems a little low based on what I saw, but I certainly wasn’t counting.

I’m not a fan of the 8pm start.  I left immediately after the game, had no traffic worries, hustled a bit on the freeway, and only had 40mi ride home.  Still, it was an after midnight arrival.  I’ll bet more people would go if it was something like a 5pm start.