MD 35 - DLS 21 (F)

DLS_Spartan

3 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

You certainly haven’t made any comment admonishing it... So obviously since you got another title you are ok with it...

I could care less about transfers or whatever, I actually like the super teams... Win or lose the MD program was always a class act and true to their principles...

Now you guys are transferring in a criminal element so you can compete with SJB....

Rollo has lost control, Shpolifting, Suspensions and keeping a kid in the game who spit in another kids face... Dude needs to Retire, The Thug ball kids don’t respect him or the program....

Without those transfers they get destroyed by DLS

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DLS_Spartan said:

Without those transfers they get destroyed by DLS

Exactly... 0 for 4 Prior to Rollo selling his soul to Thug Ball...

I always laughed at the dudes on the OC board for bagging on MD and their “Thug Ball” ways, thinking they were jealous of their success....

Now I have seen with my own eyes that the program is broken and Rollo is a Joke... Obviously the players he is bringing in don’t respect Him or the Program, they are just a bunch of Punks who can play Football....

Except for #5.... That kid is one of the best HSFB players I have ever seen!....

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DLS_Spartan said:

That’ll be a blowout imo. I’ll go with 38-14 DLS

Agree. It’s gonna be an ass kickin’ Next year without that senior defense and Bennett. Loved seeing those young kids from DLS getting reps and making plays last night down  stretch. D. Ngata and the Badge won’t be enough. DLS has seen that movie 100 times. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Pops said:

Now, I'll grant you that it looked like DLS was fighting a tiger in a closet all game, but they were trading blows pretty well and ought not be discounted just because their staple offense wasn't working and they had to get unconventional

MD didn't exactly have long drives down the field -- they had short fields and hit big plays, but you don't discount them?

Don’t get so defensive.  DLS is a very good team but it’s now 3 straight title game losses.  What worked before no longer applies. The tradition, the work ethic, the conditioning, the execution, isn’t enough any more. You need all that AND more athletes.

DLS is in the same boat now with any other team that wishes to win the state title.  Even they will have to find a way to adapt.  And, don’t count on the last few years as being an aberration.  Think of the superteam void just north of LA beyond the tentacles of MD and SJB.  If, as I believe, Oaks Christian has designs on filling that role, add one more head to the two headed monster.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

Now I have seen with my own eyes that the program is broken and Rollo is a Joke... Obviously the players he is bringing in don’t respect Him or the Program, they are just a bunch of Punks who can play Football...

As someone close to the program I can’t imagine any coach being more respected by his players than Rollinson. You like to paint things with a very broad brush. Coach benched his best defensive player last night for an inappropriate social media post. I don’t know what the circumstances were regarding the Harper spitting incident. I’ll be the first to say that his actions, regardless of what a DLS player may have done first, are totally uncalled for and an embarrassment to the team. But I also know based on watching Harper for 4 years that it was out of character and you can chalk it up to the ‘kids do stupid things’ category. Harper has been nothing but a class act his whole time at MD. He was voted a team captain not just based on his ability, but more importantly his character. Im very proud of the team and Im not going to let that incident tarnish their great achievement. I do however feel bad for Harper since this may stick with him and he really is a high character kid.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

4 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

As someone close to the program I can’t imagine any coach being more respected by his players than Rollinson. You like to paint things with a very broad brush. Coach benched his best defensive player last night for an inappropriate social media post. I don’t know what the circumstances were regarding the Harper spitting incident. I’ll be the first to say that his actions, regardless of what a DLS player may have done first, are totally uncalled for and an embarrassment to the team. But I also know based on watching Harper for 4 years that it was out of character and you can chalk it up to the ‘kids do stupid things’ category. Harper has been nothing but a class act his whole time at MD. He was voted a team captain not just based on his ability, but more importantly his character. Im very proud of the team and Im not going to let that incident tarnish their great achievement. I do however feel bad for Harper since this may stick with him and he really is a high character kid.

Fair enough, I respect your position and knowledge of the program and the kids..

But maybe you aren’t close enough... Every game I have watched MD play this year (5) the announcers comment on how that kid (The Spitter) is so great and a team captain but has “NO Schorship offers”...

It now reminds of a a great Nor Cal Kid who played for Clayton Valley Charter.... Kid had 300+ yards rushing in a SBG against REV... Everyone wondered why he had no offers.... 6 months later the Kid got busted robbing a weed dealer with a gun...

Suspensions, shoplifting, and now a team caption spitting in a kids face.... I grew up in the OC and that is not what MD is about....

16 minutes ago, Eddyr2 said:

Yep...win at all cost...yep that’s why Rollo sits 5* players in state championship games...to win at all cost

He had more than enough fire power. And he knows it.

I wish (actually not really)DLS would pillage all of the 3,4,5 * athletes from CoCo and Alameda Counties and create a super team. And don’t say DLS does get them because it’s not even close to what DLS could get if they chose to go the route of the SoCal recruitment transfer train.

it is what it is though. DLS will strap it up against a “freshened up” MD or SJB again next year and go for it. I’m okay with it. It’s just annoying when some people refuse to call a spade a spade. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

He had more than enough fire power. And he knows it.

I wish (actually not really)DLS would pillage all of the 3,4,5 * athletes from CoCo and Alameda Counties and create a super team. And don’t say DLS does get them because it’s not even close to what DLS could get if they chose to go the route of the SoCal recruitment transfer train.

it is what it is though. DLS will strap it up against a “freshened up” MD or SJB again next year and go for it. I’m okay with it. It’s just annoying when some people refuse to call a spade a spade. 

I call a spade a champion 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, THEOC89 said:

Suspensions, shoplifting, and now a team caption spitting in a kids face.... I grew up in the OC and that is not what MD is about....

I agree. This has been a challenging season because of the things you mention. Aside from injuries, all the adversity this season, which there was A LOT, has been self inflicted. But that is also what makes this season so gratifying.  I think some offseason soul searching is in order for the program.  I expect greatness again next season with hopefully much less drama.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

I agree. This has been a challenging season because of the things you mention. Aside from injuries, all the adversity this season, which there was A LOT, has been self inflicted. But that is also what makes this season so gratifying.  I think some offseason soul searching is in order for the program.  I expect greatness again next season with hopefully much less drama.

Good Post My Friend!... I have always rooted for MD and really wanted to see Rollo win a title!...

This MD team in particular was one of my favorites because they beat IMG, and proved on the field that their regular season blowout loss to SJB was a fluke... I also really like watching #5 on MD play and in my opinion him and #11 on DLS are the best CA players I have seen this year...

I hope MD fixes what is broken... That is a great School and doesn’t deserve the Football program making it look bad just so they can beat Bosco....

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

I think some offseason soul searching is in order for the program.

Hmmm, is this code for recruiting?  

Seriously though, not every kid that is drawn to the program is woven of the fabric that MD would like.   This could be the case for any program.  A couple years back, Logan had to dismiss a couple of impact players (prior to the start of the season) that might have made the difference in the one point playoff loss to SJB.   It was a tough decision, but there was a toxic environment developing.  Not saying MD is in the same position but the actions of a few can define the public image of a program.

• Like 3