MD 35 - DLS 21 (F)

DLS_Spartan

7 minutes ago, On2whls said:

Hmmm, is this code for recruiting?  

Seriously though, not every kid that is drawn to the program is woven of the fabric that MD would like.   This could be the case for any program.  A couple years back, Logan had to dismiss a couple of impact players (prior to the start of the season) that might have made the difference in the one point playoff loss to SJB.   It was a tough decision, but there was a toxic environment developing.  Not saying MD is in the same position but the actions of a few can define the public image of a program.

I agree the actions of a few can tarnish the image and perception of an entire program which is frustrating. I choose to not let the action of a few tarnish it for me. By ‘soul searching’ I mean hopefully being able to convey the importance of growing up to some players. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

Good Post My Friend!... I have always rooted for MD and really wanted to see Rollo win a title!...

This MD team in particular was one of my favorites because they beat IMG, and proved on the field that their regular season blowout loss to SJB was a fluke... I also really like watching #5 on MD play and in my opinion him and #11 on DLS are the best CA players I have seen this year...

I hope MD fixes what is broken... That is a great School and doesn’t deserve the Football program making it look bad just so they can beat Bosco....

I really liked that RB for Oaks Christian, can't remember his name and if I did I probably wouldn't try to spell it.  Flat out stud.

20 minutes ago, On2whls said:

Hmmm, is this code for recruiting?  

Seriously though, not every kid that is drawn to the program is woven of the fabric that MD would like.   This could be the case for any program.  A couple years back, Logan had to dismiss a couple of impact players (prior to the start of the season) that might have made the difference in the one point playoff loss to SJB.   It was a tough decision, but there was a toxic environment developing.  Not saying MD is in the same position but the actions of a few can define the public image of a program.

Wish they would have done that with Burfict.  Dirty player and there was plenty of times where he should have been called out for it by the coaches.  He was a difference maker so not too surprising.

2 hours ago, THEOC89 said:

Whatever Dude... Rollo has ruined his legacy... Sold his soul to Thug Ball because he is not a good enough coach to beat SJB or DLS with real kids who work hard and have class....

To start the season MD kids get busted shop lifting a gas station... Now spitting in kids faces.... Just a sad state of affairs at MD....

Priide, Poise and Courage have been replaced Spit, steal and sell your soul because Rollo is a washed up shitty coach who gives stupid, meaningless pre game speeches that the thug ball players laugh at....

Congrats on your tainted title with the best “Thug Ball” players money can buy....

Spoken like a weak pathetic grown man bitter bitch no real life loser . It's only HSFB . Grow a pair, the sun will shine tomorrow on your sad apocalytic world.

Just finished watching the recording of the game this morning.  An interesting game for sure.  Outstanding effort by both Defenses and damn near perfect throws by Young that were the difference, besides the TO's.  There is no way to defend against the perfect pass and an outstanding receiver who runs great routes.  

Hale impressed me as well and he played really good.  Aside from a few missed reads and a few near disasters on the pitch he played better than I had hoped.  Would have been nice to have #11 playing on Offense.  What happened to his foot and when?  I thought the DLS play calling was really good and they had a great plan in place.  It was hard to watch all those running plays get destroyed but having Hale drop back 30-35 times was not going to work and they had to keep the D somewhat honest.  Excellent MD Defense.

The kid who spit in that kids face should have been ejected instantly.  They obviously knew he did it and am very surprised nothing was done either by the refs or Rollo.  No place for that shit.  

Very disappointing result but very happy with the effort.  Congrats to MD.  Hopefully all our satellite's orbiting our planet will stop working and nobody can find there way to the MD campus in the off season.   

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, On2whls said:

That number seems a little low based on what I saw, but I certainly wasn’t counting.

I’m not a fan of the 8pm start.  I left immediately after the game, had no traffic worries, hustled a bit on the freeway, and only had 40mi ride home.  Still, it was an after midnight arrival.  I’ll bet more people would go if it was something like a 5pm start.

I agree.  If that stadium is supposed to hold 12K, there was at least 6-7K.

The 8 pm start, for good reason or not, was to be consistent with how the rest of the starts are going to be (4/8 pm) at Cerritos College.

The parking was as outrageous as I thought it would be.  I got there late, but I had to be pointed to a remote lot, then walk up to a table to buy a pass, then walk back to the car to put the pass on my dash.  Then, it was about a 1/4-mile walk to the gate.

7 minutes ago, Ararar said:

Kind of disappointed in DLS fans in their response to the loss.”Thug” and “Ghetto Thugs” ? I mean it’s really sad to stoop that low about kids you know nothing about.You see/read a fraction of their life and condemn them with racially charged words.

To think that they care so much about a high school football game that they say this nonsense.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Ararar said:

Kind of disappointed in DLS fans in their response to the loss.”Thug” and “Ghetto Thugs” ? I mean it’s really sad to stoop that low about kids you know nothing about.You see/read a fraction of their life and condemn them with racially charged words.

A kid who spits in another kids face is a Thug no matter what race he is.... Kids who shoplift at gas stations are thugs no matter what race they....

I certainly have no sour grapes over DLS losing and I think both teams played well and the better team won... I am actually a big fan of the Super Teams and a big fan of this MD team in particular....

When a Team Captain is spitting in an opponents face and you have to continually suspend players for disciplinary reasons or crimes then something is wrong inside the program....

To me this is sad because MD is an outstanding school and the best team on the field that I have seen play these last 2 years....

1 hour ago, Ararar said:

Blockism is spreading throughout NorCal HELLA fast...

56 minutes ago, Cal 14 said:

The parking was as outrageous as I thought it would be.  I got there late, but I had to be pointed to a remote lot, then walk up to a table to buy a pass, then walk back to the car to put the pass on my dash.  Then, it was about a 1/4-mile walk to the gate.

Yeah, I thought it was pretty lame for them to sit a couple people at a table and expect patrons to do as you described.   I go to most events like that by bike.  More often than not, they don’t even charge motorcycles, and you can always put a bike in spots no car could fit.   I always get a chuckle when pulling up to valet parking.  You can literally see the question marks on the attendant faces.  “Just put it over there” is what I usually get.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

A kid who spits in another kids face is a Thug no matter what race he is.... Kids who shoplift at gas stations are thugs no matter what race they....

I certainly have no sour grapes over DLS losing and I think both teams played well and the better team won... I am actually a big fan of the Super Teams and a big fan of this MD team in particular....

When a Team Captain is spitting in an opponents face and you have to continually suspend players for disciplinary reasons or crimes then something is wrong inside the program....

To me this is sad because MD is an outstanding school and the best team on the field that I have seen play these last 2 years....

Don’t try to skirt what you said...you used the word thug for a reason. You could have called him a punk but you didn’t. Imbrace your bigotry.

57 minutes ago, TheHotisBlock said:

His other handle is @BraceFace69 

Just for transparency. 

I am flattered... While I do enjoy @BraceFace69 ‘s short, concise and witty clowning of you and your team, I can assure you he is not me....

@Sammyswordsman , @Exocet 98, @Bestcoast And now @BraceFace69 ... who will I be next?....🤣🤣

The funniest part about this one is, both @Blueliner and I think @BraceFace69 is actually you!....🤣🤣🤣

• Like 2