2019 schedules and rumors

PrepGridiron

3 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

?? Delmarva

Del= Delaware

Mar= Maryland

Va= Virginia/DC 

Remember, Middletown DE played IMG this season. Played them just as tough as Hoover did. Give credit where credit is due ;) 

The Delmarva Peninsula does not include the I-95 corridor where the the MD/DC private’s are located. It starts on the eastern shore of the Chesapeake Bay and includes places like Ocean City MD, Dover DE, Chestertown MD, Chincoteague VA, etc...

It’s funny, Rab started calling the DC/Baltimore privates recruited up Delmarva teams years ago and now we’re here. I should of called him out back then. 

The acronym DMV refers to DC-MD-VA, but it was created as a way to connect the metro areas of DC and Baltimore. So anything from the the northern suburbs a of Baltimore(Towson) down 95 into the worse tracfic in the world in Northern Virginia(Fairfax).

• Thanks 3
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, NicholasMalibu said:

The Delmarva Penisula does not include the I-95 corridor where the the MD/DC private’s are located. It starts on the eastern shore of the Chesapeake Bay and includes places like Ocean City MD, Dover DE, Chestertown MD, Chincoteague VA, etc...

It’s funny, Rab started calling the DC/Baltimore privates recruited up Delmarva teams years ago and now we’re here. I should of called him out back then. 

The acronym DMV refers to DC-MD-VA, but it was created as a way to connect the metro areas of DC and Baltimore. So anything from the the northern suburbs a of Baltimore(Towson) down 95 into the worse tracfic in the world in Northern Virginia(Fairfax).

It is confusing ...even to some locals...but Delmarva and DMV are two different things.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NicholasMalibu said:

The Delmarva Peninsula does not include the I-95 corridor where the the MD/DC private’s are located. It starts on the eastern shore of the Chesapeake Bay and includes places like Ocean City MD, Dover DE, Chestertown MD, Chincoteague VA, etc...

1 hour ago, WCACguy said:

It is confusing ...even to some locals...but Delmarva and DMV are two different things.

Thanks, this is helpful. 

2 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

It is. I heard CC was interested in the Freedom Bowl but they chose to host a team instead at their house. Not sure the opponent. Just what the Freedom Bowl guy said 

Makes a little sense...

The Freedom bowl is usually a week after the Corky Kell... 

And Colquitt may as well be an Atlanta school with all the damn trips they make every week to Atlanta...

Certainly Packer Nation would have bucked back to back trips to the ATL. 

We are in our more heavy travel year as it stands already in region and our usual pre-region foe of Valdosta. 

First game of the season we already know will be at the Benz unless soccer or snow in August or something. 

We know we are travelling to Valdosta, to Lowndes and to Camden.

So far, half of our games that I know about for sure are away. Two of them 3+ hours. 

20 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

So far, half of our games that I know about for sure are away. Two of them 3+ hours. 

Wtf,    

are those teams mandatory to have to play ?

How Big is Ga That You got to travel + 3 hours for a football game... your telling me there’s no football teams within 40 miles of colquit that have football teams

10 minutes ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

Shit some of our games you literally  can walk there except Saint Peteys

F08654CF-2773-4217-901B-90AF6564BC0A.jpeg

88355032-24FA-404A-AD11-F7E5529012E8.jpeg

EE875740-2AA3-4F71-8682-1039F3616A70.jpeg

F0BDC338-78BA-4F7C-B30F-D40EF625F01A.jpeg

BB8094CA-C1F9-49EB-A7F3-A3DAD41B18F8.jpeg

Well... Lowndes is 50 minutes or an hour away. Region foe. 

Valdosta 50 minutes to an hour away. Old rivalry.

Camden, a region foe, is on the other side of the Okeefenokee swamp. Gotta go around the swamp to get there... My Google maps says 2 hours 49 minutes. Idk. Usually takes me 3 hours. Maybe time if day and traffic.

The Benz is for the Corky Kell Classic. I guess if you are gonna have to drive to Atlanta to find a decent foe, may as well play it at the Benz. The stadium is 2 hours and 56 minutes from my house according to google maps. Usually takes me over 3. Traffic varies due to time you are travelling.

If we schedule any of the other teams inside of 50 miles radius, you OOS guys would literally have aneurysms like you did with Thomasville this year. 

Not sure, but that could have been a home and home so we could be making that 35 mile drive. 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

If we schedule any of the other teams inside of 50 miles radius, you OOS guys would literally have aneurysms like you did with Thomasville this year. 

Bwhahahaha 

it is what it is 

Rumor on the Grape vine is the Packers don’t want what BainBridge is cooking , some say y’all drive 4 hours to avoid them 

i hope thats hereSay

2 hours ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

Bwhahahaha 

it is what it is 

Rumor on the Grape vine is the Packers don’t want what BainBridge is cooking , some say y’all drive 4 hours to avoid them 

i hope thats hereSay

They are one of the reasons we had to put out a BOLO for a scrimmage opponent in the wee hours.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

Bwhahahaha 

it is what it is 

i hope thats hereSay

Georgia is the largest state on the east coast sizewise.... 

Might not look it but it's bigger than it looks once you actually get in Georgia.... 

I live in coastal Georgia and it takes me 3h to 4h to get to Colquitt County....  

I could get to Bormio(Upstate SC) quicker than I could Hawg...  

But that also has to do with the fact that the only thing keeping me from being in SC is a bridge and a river.... 

And if you think I got it bad...

Man folks down in Camden may as well be in Jacksonville FL... 

This is what y'all don't understand Camden County is a literal  hop and a skip from Jacksonville....

And Colquitt is closer to Tallahassee,FL and some parts of Alabama than Jacksonville... 

5 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Well... Lowndes is 50 minutes or an hour away. Region foe. 

Valdosta 50 minutes to an hour away. Old rivalry.

Camden, a region foe, is on the other side of the Okeefenokee swamp. Gotta go around the swamp to get there... My Google maps says 2 hours 49 minutes. Idk. Usually takes me 3 hours. Maybe time if day and traffic.

The Benz is for the Corky Kell Classic. I guess if you are gonna have to drive to Atlanta to find a decent foe, may as well play it at the Benz. The stadium is 2 hours and 56 minutes from my house according to google maps. Usually takes me over 3. Traffic varies due to time you are travelling.

Not sure, but that could have been a home and home so we could be making that 35 mile drive. 

Google maps is accurate but they don't factor in alot of stuff....  Usually takes 3 hours to get to Camden from SOWEGA....

In the Trinity League in CA distance from SJB (farthest north) to JSerra (farthest south) is 43 miles (with Friday night traffic about 1 1/2 hours to get there)

JSerra to Mater Dei is 22 miles (takes an hour to get there up I-5 through some real nasty Friday night traffic).

Non-league games are even more-a trip to Bishop Amat from JSerra is 1 1/2 hours on a Friday night, and to go to Oaks Christian or Calabasas -2 hours right through west LA.