NorCal poster says

Ararar

17 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Here's what's going on: 

I originally had STA playing SJB in my "Trinity League vs The USA" tripleheader that same weekend. DLS recently offered them more money to play in Concord so they're strongly considering that offer instead. The STA AD is supposed to give me his final answer on Weds/Thurs of this week. 

If STA bails on me, I already have a quality replacement from GA. 

If STA stays, any chance the GA team then travels to Concord?

• Haha 1

Are the Spartans trying to redeem themselves from past OOS losses? STA in Week 0 will be a challenge. The Spartans are losing a lot on defense. I believe all 3 LB's are gone. A 3 yr starter a 2 yr starter and the 3rd may have been a 2 yr starter as well. Both DB's and most of the DL.

If STA declines are any of the GA. teams Catholic? That would be the first preference for the Spartans. I always like to see the Spartans play someone new. So a team from GA. would be good or perhaps Hoover from AL. or someone from AZ. like Chandler or WC from IN.  

Just now, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Bam....

Well done.

BGW

Idk. I hate to always have to point out the obvious. 

Milton may be the "go to" transfer place this year up around the metro and totally be game. 

Just looking historically, they aren't likely to be though. 

It's not that I'm hating on Milton. Just that the trend isn't that they are reloading annually. Tough to replace a 3 year starter qb and stuff for most teams. 

• Like 1

Just now, HawgGoneIt said:

Milton may be the "go to" transfer place this year up around the metro and totally be game. 

It's not that I'm hating on Milton. Just that the trend isn't that they are reloading annually. Tough to replace a 3 year starter qb and stuff for most teams. 

Annnndddd... Milton is pricey Hawgie, not exactly flush with apartments..... but so is Mater Dei (maybe, whodafuckknows).

BGW

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Doesn't  Marrietta have most of the team back ?  They seem to be the most willing team  to travel. And they do have talent, which an ESPN loves to showcase, teams with players that have multiple stars behind them

35 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Where’s Colquitt in these talks? 

Funny you disparage GA teams willing to put up but the best program in the state is no where to be seen....says a lot 

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Pops said:

LOL — well done plug 

im not near as close as I used to be to what’s going on or who’s coming up at DLS but seems they lose their elite defense and return their promising offense from a good, not great, DLS team 

If prognosis is better than that, I’d be interested in hearing about it from someone plugged in better 

Basically Spartans are a complete rebuild with exception to the skill players on Offense. From what I heard, and it may not be the most reliable, but the O-line will definitely  be down from this past season's. I thought this season's O-line  was down from previous, so that doesn't sound to promising for this year. But hey, maybe they can get a transfer or two !

3 minutes ago, Ararar said:

Where’s Colquitt in these talks? 

Funny you disparage GA teams willing to put up but the best program in the state is no where to be seen....says a lot 

Says a lot about what?

My giving honest opinions about these teams is disparaging I guess. 

Y'all carry on with ridiculous bullshit and I'll continue giving the best opinion I can with little spin. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

Doesn't  Marrietta have most of the team back ?  They seem to be the most willing team  to travel. And they do have talent, which an ESPN loves to showcase, teams with players that have multiple stars behind them

Marietta may be down to go get their ass kicked again somewhere oos. Who knows. 

They were so good this year that I totally forgot to mention them. They're a talent laden afterthought. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Fact: OOS games attract xfers. After JC announced the SJC game last offseason, they had approximately 10 ballers migrate in. 

Coaches at programs like Archer, Marietta, Norcross, Mill Creek, Milton, etc are finally starting to realize this. It's a new and improved era in hsfb. Jump on board or get left behind!!! #daretobedifferent 

10 ballers and still fell flat on their face! 

There is soooo much more to hsfb than stupid transfers. Realize that and jump on board or continue looking foolish with d.o.a. teams in high profile oos games. 

#daretousesense

xD

35 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Marietta may be down to go get their ass kicked again somewhere oos. Who knows. 

They were so good this year that I totally forgot to mention them. They're a talent laden afterthought. 

They definitely  were a year away, but if that qb and stable of receivers are coming back, they should make some noise. Like I said, I don't know what they have, but if returners are significant, than watch for them. Since you forgot, let me be the first to remind you.

• Haha 2