NorCal poster says

Ararar

3 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Yes. And the Trinity and WCAC are working on a few crossover games. The two best conferences in America will indeed be squaring off in 2019!!!! Doesn't get any better. 

Oh snap.  I thought when you said STA was out, it meant they were out of the picture and not playing over here.  Awesome!!!  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, old_e said:

So STA is going to Concord?

Perfect timing.

DLS graduates their entire front 7 on defense, including their 4-star DE and their 5-star LB, and both corners.

And they graduate 4 of their 5 offensive linemen. 

I can't wait to see how the veer option functions in week 0 (is it week 0?) with 4 new linemen against STA's front 7 or 8 or 9. 

Maybe DLS can develop a Cen10-style spread offense over the summer. 

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

Perfect timing.

DLS graduates their entire front 7 on defense, including their 4-star DE and their 5-star LB, and both corners.

I can't wait to see how the veer option functions in week 0 (is it week 0?) with 4 new linemen against STA's front 7 or 8 or 9. 

Maybe DLS can develop a Cen10-style spread over the summer. 

Hale is a capable passer

7 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

Perfect timing.

Maybe DLS can develop a Cen10-style spread over the summer. 

Wow this is an excuse 8 months before a game that isn’t even signed yet. 

That needs it’s own section in the excuse thread 

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

Perfect timing.

Has to be something up coach A's sleeve to accept this game in week 0. I can't see him taking a chance of DLS getting whooped again by STA on national television. Like coach Gaines, I think coach Alumbaugh likes to hold his cards close to his chest.  

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

Perfect timing.

I thought I recalled @Blueliner saying DLS will be just as good next season as this past season. Def far better on offense.

Maybe he was jumping the gun?  

7 minutes ago, Ararar said:

No not completely.They showed that formation but it’s always going to be the veer

I love how DLS always challenges themselves but I hate that it is a week 0 game.  The veer, with new linemen in week 0, against STA's D front is a very tall order.  We all seen how the veer did in the Open against a really good D front and that was after they played all year together.  

However, STA has had issues with scoring points at times and if that continues it could be a close game. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Extremely Humble said:

I thought I recalled @Blueliner saying DLS will be just as good next season as this past season. Def far better on offense.

Maybe he was jumping the gun?  

Can't remember exactly but I thought that he said that they would have their skill positions on O all set but the linemen will be new.  And on D there will be new guy's in a lot of positions I think so I believe they won't be as good as last year.  Just going off of what I remember.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, World Citizen said:

Can't remember exactly but I thought that he said that they would have their skill positions on O all set but the linemen will be new.  And on D there will be new guy's in a lot of positions I think so I believe they won't be as good as last year.  Just going off of what I remember.  

It's a complete rebuild basically, with exception to skill players on offense. From what I have heard, and again it may not be totally reliable, is that the incoming prospects for O-line will not be as good as this past season. I'm almost positive the defense will be down, and maybe a lot for all I know. Early in season is going to be a struggle, but it seems the coaches wanted the game with STA. These coaches could care less what the opinion is on the board about their win loss oos etc. Their main objective always is to prepare team for the long run, getting to SBG Open and giving them a chance to win there. The only hope I see in a game of the magnitude of an STA, especially the opener, is that it will be STA's first game also, and hopefully they won't be at mid season form.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

It's a complete rebuild basically, with exception to skill players on offense. From what I have heard, and again it may not be totally reliable, is that the incoming prospects for O-line will not be as good as this past season. I'm almost positive the defense will be down, and maybe a lot for all I know. Early in season is going to be a struggle, but it seems the coaches wanted the game with STA. These coaches could care less what the opinion is on the board about their win loss oos etc. Their main objective always is to prepare team for the long run, getting to SBG Open and giving them a chance to win there. The only hope I see in a game of the magnitude of an STA, especially the opener, is that it will be STA's first game also, and hopefully they won't be at mid season form.

Hopefully Coach A sees some good things coming up from the JV's.  I agree that W or L it will prepare them for the Open but I can't imagine they would schedule the game if they didn't think they could compete.  But they have scheduled games before with many question marks as to new players and inexperienced linemen and qb's.  DBP # 2 comes to mind.  

At any rate, I'm excited that they will play.

2 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

Hopefully Coach A sees some good things coming up from the JV's.  I agree that W or L it will prepare them for the Open but I can't imagine they would schedule the game if they didn't think they could compete.  But they have scheduled games before with many question marks as to new players and inexperienced linemen and qb's.  DBP # 2 comes to mind.  

At any rate, I'm excited that they will play.

I know these coaches are competitive, thus they will take on almost any challenge. A loss won't really hurt them imop, because expectations won't be really high, and they should gain a lot of experience from it, plus the added bonus of lighting a fire  underneath the asses of the players to motivate their workouts and preparation in offseason.  But you know and I know, it is an impossibility to have the veer up and running effectively  with all new o-lineman . The turnover at defense really concerns me, especially the back seven. They always have problems with  learning that zone defense, especially with new guys. 

• Like 2