Here are the allegations against Rush..

Iletteredintrack

7 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

The classic "Tell us what you know and we'll protect you" schtick... 

Another big lie that people buy... 

As soon as they're done with rush the said assistants that ratted him out or told the BOE what they wanted to hear  will be disposed of in some way... 

I'm not really giving much credence to those particular allegations. The hiding of the names of some of the witnesses while releasing others is tremendously troubling and a blemish on the entire story as told by the superintendent. 

Looks like an agenda driven thing at best. 

Anyone could get a few low end coaches that didn't like getting their butts chewed by the HC to turn on him and say something like, "well he coulda did something like that" 

Especially when the agenda of the investigating party has been evident since nearly day one of taking the position. 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

So coach and powers that be were engaged in a conflict spiral since day one.

Is that right?

Damn.

BGW

I'm of the opinion that, each time a school board member was replaced and, ever since the superintendent that was involved in Rush's hiring left, pieces were maneuvered into place with the intent of showing him the door. 

Over the past three years a close observer could see what was happening if they paid attention. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

So coach and powers that be were engaged in a conflict spiral since day one.

Is that right?

Damn.

BGW

I don't think I could agree with that.  Rush was hired by Leonard McCoy (Superintendent) and the mix of school board members in 2008.  It was explained to Rush how short the leash was and how tight the margin of error was...but I do think the majority was ready to give him a shot.  Now...that being said...there was a group of "malcontents" who couldn't BELIEVE that Colquitt would hire a man who had two families.  While their religion preached "forgiveness"...they weren't actual followers of that part of the scripture.

I think Rush pretty much adhered to the straight and narrow for a long time.  But...he started winning.  He took Colquitt to its first Semifinal playoff since 1998 in his 2nd year.  He took Colquitt to the State Championship game in his 3rd.  Colquitt's program became one to be respected.  Rush's ego started expanding and he started to rub certain people the wrong way.  His terrible lack of money management skills didn't help the situation either.  He developed a reputation for not exactly paying his debts (deservedly).  But he won football games...so you just made sure you collected cash.

All during this time...the "malcontents" were plotting.  How do you get rid of a coach so popular and successful?  You change the mix of the school board to start.  Gradually new faces appeared on the Board...but Leonard McCoy was still the Superintendent so Rush held par...right up until the day Leonard announced he was leaving to take another job.  In my opine...Leonard's exodus started the ball rolling.  I have stated publicly and on this board....I like Doug Howell a lot.  He is a good man.  He is an honest man.  He happens to have opinions that are contrary to mine.  Once Doug took charge as the new Superintendent...things changed.  Rush's "authority" was usurped.  And when the new Principal was hired....the downward spiral took its toll.

I'm not saying Rush is blameless...cause he's not.  Lord knows he's not. I do think his dismissal was well orchestrated and well planned.  I made the statement and I stand by it..."it took them 11 years; but they got him".

And now...it's time to Move On and hire a successor.  What happens over the next 45 days will determine if you fellers have any Colquitt posters on the National Board going forward.  I know what you're wishing for.  I'm just wishing against you....(Smile).

Rufus>>

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

I don't think I could agree with that.  Rush was hired by Leonard McCoy (Superintendent) and the mix of school board members in 2008.  It was explained to Rush how short the leash was and how tight the margin of error was...but I do think the majority was ready to give him a shot.  Now...that being said...there was a group of "malcontents" who couldn't BELIEVE that Colquitt would hire a man who had two families.  While their religion preached "forgiveness"...they weren't actual followers of that part of the scripture.

I think Rush pretty much adhered to the straight and narrow for a long time.  But...he started winning.  He took Colquitt to its first Semifinal playoff since 1998 in his 2nd year.  He took Colquitt to the State Championship game in his 3rd.  Colquitt's program became one to be respected.  Rush's ego started expanding and he started to rub certain people the wrong way.  His terrible lack of money management skills didn't help the situation either.  He developed a reputation for not exactly paying his debts (deservedly).  But he won football games...so you just made sure you collected cash.

All during this time...the "malcontents" were plotting.  How do you get rid of a coach so popular and successful?  You change the mix of the school board to start.  Gradually new faces appeared on the Board...but Leonard McCoy was still the Superintendent so Rush held par...right up until the day Leonard announced he was leaving to take another job.  In my opine...Leonard's exodus started the ball rolling.  I have stated publicly and on this board....I like Doug Howell a lot.  He is a good man.  He is an honest man.  He happens to have opinions that are contrary to mine.  Once Doug took charge as the new Superintendent...things changed.  Rush's "authority" was usurped.  And when the new Principal was hired....the downward spiral took its toll.

I'm not saying Rush is blameless...cause he's not.  Lord knows he's not. I do think his dismissal was well orchestrated and well planned.  I made the statement and I stand by it..."it took them 11 years; but they got him".

And now...it's time to Move On and hire a successor.  What happens over the next 45 days will determine if you fellers have any Colquitt posters on the National Board going forward.  I know what you're wishing for.  I'm just wishing against you....(Smile).

Rufus>>

This is one of the best summaries I’ve read on this topic.  

Knowing what you know, if you were on the BOE would you have voted to fire him? 

4 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

This is one of the best summaries I’ve read on this topic.  

Knowing what you know, if you were on the BOE would you have voted to fire him? 

Believe it or not...I have been asked that VERY question by...let's just say...a couple of influential people.  It is not an easy question to answer because I'm not sure I have 100% of the FACTS.  But giving WHAT I KNOW (and there is the rub)...I would have fired Rush.  BUT...assuming the insubordination charge is accurate and he DID exactly what was described in the report...I would have fired him on the spot instead of waiting for the "hoopla" that's going on in Moultrie currently.

Again...my post is based ONLY on what I know....and some might say...."Rufus, you don't know the WHOLE story".

And that could very well be Gospel....

Rufus>>

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Rufus69 said:

Believe it or not...I have been asked that VERY question by...let's just say...a couple of influential people.  It is not an easy question to answer because I'm not sure I have 100% of the FACTS.  But giving WHAT I KNOW (and there is the rub)...I would have fired Rush.  BUT...assuming the insubordination charge is accurate and he DID exactly what was described in the report...I would have fired him on the spot instead of waiting for the "hoopla" that's going on in Moultrie currently.

Again...my post is based ONLY on what I know....and some might say...."Rufus, you don't know the WHOLE story".

Rufus>>

Fair post.  Thx 

1 hour ago, Rufus69 said:

Rufus>>

That is the gospel. Deal with issues when they arise or they snowball. The fact that nothing was dealt with when it occurred is my whole beef. I don't think you will find many people that don't agree that he should be let go.

Oh yeah just fyi, Rush hasn't been fired. The board is waiting on PSC for that one. They know they only have hearsay evidence and can't use that to dismiss him. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

Rufus>>

Fair enough... 

Rufus Ill be honest sometimes I don't get how you manage to stay so cool and level headed... 

1 hour ago, HooverOutlaw said:

The craziest deal in this is how Propst's financial's got so out of control. He must have been paid a lot of cash that no taxes were being taken out like a 1099  to add up to that much back taxes.  IRS takes no prisoners.

I don't think these are back taxes. These are more of the did not file a tax return type issues.

Edited by Iletteredintrack
  • Thanks 1

Here’s a Machiavellian conspiracy theory.... BOE pulled funding for hotels, change orders on the multi purpose facility, funding for tractor trailer hauling equipment retroactive and got garnished wages on Coach.  

I know it’s far fetched, but if you think about it... it could happen. 

Here’s another wisdom nugget for ALL coaches going forward, including Buford coaches, shut your fucking trap about the officiating in the media and on social media, and just COACH the damn game, demonstrate good sportsmanship on all levels. 

Because EGO and PRIDE will get your asses in the end, then there’s relationships with others, be a role model.. be respectful. 

My .02, regards;

BGW

On 3/15/2019 at 5:12 PM, HooverOutlaw said:

Answer me this how do these people get by with never filing taxes but work full time jobs we all have heard of this. Personally I would not temp the IRS like that.

Or my favorite people on disability working full time. A guy I know is on full disability but builds decks full time. This guy even goes to Gulf Shores and Ft Walton Destin and builds decks for folks. He has a crew that works for him year round.  

Tax cheats are absolute pieces of shit.  

16 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Here’s a Machiavellian conspiracy theory.... BOE pulled funding for hotels, change orders on the multi purpose facility, funding for tractor trailer hauling equipment retroactive and got garnished wages on Coach.  

I know it’s far fetched, but if you think about it... it could happen. 

Here’s another wisdom nugget for ALL coaches going forward, including Buford coaches, shut your fucking trap about the officiating in the media and on social media, and just COACH the damn game, demonstrate good sportsmanship on all levels. 

Because EGO and PRIDE will get your asses in the end, then there’s relationships with others, be a role model.. be respectful. 

My .02, regards;

BGW

From what I know the tractor trailer was never funded by the BOE.  It was a donation from well to do boosters who allowed the use of their tractor and driver to move the trailer.  I'm not sure but I think I've heard even the trailer was a donation.  I don't know about the garnishments and where they came from and I don't really care to take the time to look them up.  I've heard stories from several sources about restaurant bills not being paid and when confronted Rush saying "don't you know who I am?"   If true, and I admit is is hearsay even though I've heard it from multiple sources, that is an entitlement mentality and not a money management issue.  Again, multiple sources but I don't have direct knowledge personally so take it for what it is worth - not a whole lot.

On 3/15/2019 at 8:23 PM, HooverOutlaw said:

I would think something private and personal  as taxes would not be allowed as public info.  

In GA, garnishments are a result of a court order (normally a magistrate judge but could vary depending on the jurisdiction and where the request originated) and as a result are public record.  I'm guessing that you could go to the Colquitt County magistrate judge website and look it up.  I can't say for 100% but I think tax liens are public record.

1 hour ago, Fred said:

In GA, garnishments are a result of a court order (normally a magistrate judge but could vary depending on the jurisdiction and where the request originated) and as a result are public record.  I'm guessing that you could go to the Colquitt County magistrate judge website and look it up.  I can't say for 100% but I think tax liens are public record.

It is public knowledge because it is a judge who issues it. You are right.  The info is open records.