Here are the allegations against Rush..

Iletteredintrack

35 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Damn! He gave a kid aleve? Says someone. 

Burn the building down. 

Lot's of people owe taxes. 

Lol.

Wasn't one of the pills that he gave a player at halftime one that made him grogy and dizzy?  Aleve don't do that.  But Hydrocodone certainly does.  I just can't get passed the half mill tax debt.

5 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Wasn't one of the pills that he gave a player at halftime one that made him grogy and dizzy?  Aleve don't do that.  But Hydrocodone certainly does.  I just can't get passed the half mill tax debt.

Of course, make those leaps bro. Go for it. 

Who's to say that the kid wasn't hit in the head hence the lethargic state. Coulda been concussion protocol or something. 

God almighty.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Yea but keep in mind we're playing football the medicine might have added on but he could've also been exhausted... 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Of course, make those leaps bro. Go for it. 

Who's to say that the kid wasn't hit in the head hence the lethargic state. Coulda been concussion protocol or something. 

God almighty.

Not making the leap.  Just saying it could have been.  Like I said before 8 garnishments and 500k in back taxes is a shit ton.

• Like 1

Just now, Frosty4024 said:

Ok ok ok ok ok ok....ooooookkkk

This is definitely a "Witch Hunt."

Hell...I've witnessed Calvary coaches giving players salt tablets during games.  Should he be fired too?

If he owes taxes, stands up to administration for decisions that are against the program's success, questions the hiring of a principal that isn't liked by a majority of the tax payers, and encourages athletes to focus on football...

Then yes, he should be fired. LOL

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

If he owes taxes, stands up to administration for decisions that are against the program's success, questions the hiring of a principal that isn't liked by a majority of the tax payers, and encourages athletes to focus on football...

Then list those reasons only...Not the "he said/she said" or personal beef BS.

It's uncalled for.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, RedZone said:

.I don't know. I hope criminal charges are not pending...

Prison sentences are rarely handed out for tax evasion unless the government is trying to bring down an individual for operating within a "criminal" enterprise.

Rush is not a mob boss nor a fat cat stock broker worth millions of dollars.

At worst he will settle for half of the balanced owed and subject to monthly payments.

I've personally known people who owed the IRS twice that amount and never paid a dime to them. Their punishment ended up being 7 years or so of shitty credit scores until that bad debt was removed.

16 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Prison sentences are rarely handed out for tax evasion unless the government is trying to bring down an individual for operating within a "criminal" enterprise.

Rush is not a mob boss nor a fat cat stock broker worth millions of dollars.

At worst he will settle for half of the balanced owed and subject to monthly payments.

I've personally known people who owed the IRS twice that amount and never paid a dime to them. Their punishment ended up being 7 years or so of shitty credit scores until that bad debt was removed.

Answer me this how do these people get by with never filing taxes but work full time jobs we all have heard of this. Personally I would not temp the IRS like that.

Or my favorite people on disability working full time. A guy I know is on full disability but builds decks full time. This guy even goes to Gulf Shores and Ft Walton Destin and builds decks for folks. He has a crew that works for him year round.  

35 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

If you aren't the person in charge and you don't like the decisions being made you have two choices.  You accept it and shut up or you leave.  Screaming at your boss in front of another high ranking official is not how you do it and is clear insubordination.  That alone will get you fired many places.  If the Hampton didn't want the team back because of behavior issues, that's a reflection on the coach.  Going outside of an official hiring process can create a lawsuit for the County.  Many companies tell you after the first one not to get further garnishments.  It isn't clear if there has only been one or if there have been multiple ones.

Taken in totality it seems that man's personal life was creating stress that carried over into the business life.  This doesn't address the pill issue.  I know around here, you are not allowed to send OTC drugs in with your child and any prescription drugs have to be turned or to and administered by the school nurse.  I don't know if that is policy or law.  Either way it is a major infraction for even something as simple as an aspirin.

I get you support the man but back up and ask yourself honestly if it were a coach at another school would you be laughing it off?

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, NotBigdaddybloom said:

He’s a loose cannon and needed to go...sorry. You guys will be fine.

It ain't even that. 

The BOE just wanted him gone. 

They should just come out and say it... 

Who TF actually digs up tax information and  fires someone over taxes and voicing their opinion about a principal that nobody really liked? 

I was unaware Colquitt was in Communist China...