Why I have decided to not return to the off topic board

DarterBlue

When I left at the end of January, the intent was to return in July. Well, I cleared my slate early (mid-June) and had every intention of posting here again. However, before logging in, I read a number of the recent threads in their entirety. Well, wonder of wonders, to my dismay it was obvious that the quality of these threads was of a lower standard than than when I left. This is quite remarkable, as the off topic board was never to be confused with a forum for quality and clarity of thought. It is what it is, I guess.

Because I am a man of my word, I logged in to explain why I have decided not to return. I will be back to the main board in late July for football season. While I don't pretend to be particularly knowledgeable on the topic of national high school football, I am fairly knowledgeable of the game in Florida, and very knowledgeable of Central Florida football. From time to time, if I see what I consider to be a major turning point in the direction of the stock market, I will post my thoughts on that subject on the board as well. But with regards politics and social issues, I will save my thoughts and comments for elsewhere. 

It is, indeed, sad that serious discourse on contemporary matters of importance could not be addressed in an adult fashion herein. But it is a sign of the times. It is sad that intelligent, thoughtful individuals such as an @Belly Bob and others get drowned out by the trolls, conspiracy theorists, crazies, and outright bigots that dwell here. But it is where we are as a country. So, I guess it is what I should expect ... 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Hate to hear that..

I'm just here for the occasional laugh. Sad thing is none of these people for the most are FUNNY! 

Dull as a rock truthfully! 😄

You mght be taking all this too seriously. Take care!

As an adult I do take life seriously. And, I think we live in serious times. I don't lack humor. But there is a time and place for it. And, as you say, most of these individuals are not humorous in the least.

So, I will get my humor from sources where humor is not only the intent, but those involved are actually clever, witty and and self deprecating. None of the regulars here fit that description. 

I'd say the biggest change since you left is that a certain poster is starting a ridiculous number of asinine threads (ex. currently over half of the opening page from a quick count) and carpet-bombing the site to the tune of up to 300+ posts a day (not an exaggeration).

Management cares not.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

Lisa Sproat, an oncologist at the Mayo Clinic and mother of four in Scottsdale, Arizona, is speaking out after a she found a racist photo taped to her front door Thursday.

The photo was a black-and-white shot of a crowd of people protesting. One of the people in the photo was holding a sign that said “Go Back to Africa, Negroes.”

Sproat said her nanny and son returned to their home in the high-end McDowell Mountain Ranch area of Scottsdale about 12:15 p.m. and found the note taped to her door.

She believes she was targeted because she and her husband have been fostering two young African-American children since the end of April. Her husband is African-American, and she is white.

Way to hijack Darters thread .. u won what can I say

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DarterBlue said:

When I left at the end of January, the intent was to return in July. Well, I cleared my slate early (mid-June) and had every intention of posting here again. However, before logging in, I read a number of the recent threads in their entirety. Well, wonder of wonders, to my dismay it was obvious that the quality of these threads was of a lower standard than than when I left. This is quite remarkable, as the off topic board was never to be confused with a forum for quality and clarity of thought. It is what it is, I guess.

Because I am a man of my word, I logged in to explain why I have decided not to return. I will be back to the main board in late July for football season. While I don't pretend to be particularly knowledgeable on the topic of national high school football, I am fairly knowledgeable of the game in Florida, and very knowledgeable of Central Florida football. From time to time, if I see what I consider to be a major turning point in the direction of the stock market, I will post my thoughts on that subject on the board as well. But with regards politics and social issues, I will save my thoughts and comments for elsewhere. 

It is, indeed, sad that serious discourse on contemporary matters of importance could not be addressed in an adult fashion herein. But it is a sign of the times. It is sad that intelligent, thoughtful individuals such as an @Belly Bob and others get drowned out by the trolls, conspiracy theorists, crazies, and outright bigots that dwell here. But it is where we are as a country. So, I guess it is what I should expect ... 

I’d be interested to hear more about the “imminent” market crash you predicted prior to you leaving last time  

Other than that, 🤷‍♂️

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 6/23/2019 at 9:54 AM, DarterBlue said:

That's a shame. I always appreciated your posts. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/23/2019 at 9:54 AM, DarterBlue said:

Glad to see you back.

On 7/9/2019 at 7:35 PM, DarterBlue said:

Thanks.

Most of my posts will be restricted to the football side. However, if I think the market is at a major turning point, I will post my thoughts. 

two words...

grain futures

what do you think? LOL

They may have already bumped on some trade deals, but the farmers may be looking to come out of the dark tunnel earlier than expected???

PS...My suggestion would be to keep a thread of your own (possibly revive your old stock one) here on the 'dark side' ….and simply mute muzzle any jackoff who won't respect it....

• Like 3

18 hours ago, DarterBlue said:

Thanks.

Most of my posts will be restricted to the football side. However, if I think the market is at a major turning point, I will post my thoughts. 

Nice to see you back.  Hope you have cleansed yourself of all the negativity that this side of the forum throws at you.  

Looking forward to your post on our market whenever you decide to.  Really enjoyed those.