Katy v Northshore

NYHSFAN33

5 minutes ago, frankyjames said:

This is what it is like trying to speak with posters from Texas. Delusional. 

Capture12.PNG

You’re the laughing stock of this site.  Hell ever since you set foot here you’ve been a buffoon. 

NS can at least claim to be reigning state champs.  Folsom are reigning State chumps. 

Hell, even your own state brothers laugh at Folsom....and YOU!  But here you are....

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Horsefly said:

And Folsom?  Hell you don’t even play top CA teams. Sit your crack ass down and shut the fuck up.  You are the biggest fool on this site. 

Seriously, a  Folsom fan should be quiet you haven’t done shit in or out of state. 

When you think of Folsom you think of a bunch of dudes behind Concertina Wire with armed guards and a bunch of them eating Noodles and the only thing the Males in Folsom are beating are their little man man's :D

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I’m not surprised with Katy.  Gary Joseph is one of the best coaches in America, and last night he proved it once again.

He does more with less than just about anyone.  I’ve said it for 2 years.  Katy doesn’t have the best talent in their district.  Not even close.  There isn’t a player on Katy’s roster that’s a top 5-7 player in Katy ISD, but Joseph gets it done.

That being said, they still had no business beating North Shore.  I don’t believe North Shore is a bad team, but they aren’t a top 25 team right now.  They will be much better than that.  Not having Banks killed them offensively, but that was just a small problem.  They looked out of shape, and Katy was much better conditioned.

North Shore looked like a team that read way too many news paper articles, and thought they were good enough to go through the motions and beat Katy.  Jon Kay is a good coach, and he will have them ready to rebound.

Hats off to Katy on an impressive performance.  They are much like what DLS is.  Tough, well coached, and gritty.  They play well above their talent level.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 4

34 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

When you think of Folsom you think of a bunch of dudes behind Concertina Wire with armed guards and a bunch of them eating Noodles and the only thing the Males in Folsom are beating are their little man man's :D

Its unfortunate that one person can influence the perception of a program in the eyes of others. FJ or whoever he is, really does not comprehend how his posts cause a hugely negative perception of what is actually a decent program... to the point that many want to see them lose just to shut him up.  While they imo are not elite and should be scheduling up, their kids work just a hard as any others to attain their goals.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Guru said:

You are strangely obsessed with DLS.

No.

Katy would get smashed against a truly elite team. Easy call.

Yes, I’m sure they would....  another extremely intelligent post by the resident cocksucker.

Katy is every bit as good as the team you struggled and were lucky to beat.  But a dishonest, low IQ bitch like you will never admit that.

6 hours ago, Kalven said:

I was thinking the same thing. When I saw the NS players I was like "that's last years champs?"

To be fair to North Shore, they lost a LOT of talent from last year's Championship team.  But for the most part, they weren't the flashy skill position players that everyone fawns over.  They were down-in-the-trenches players, and they were sorely missed last night.  Now, all the cramping from not being in football shape...that's on Coach Kay and whoever he's about to fire for being a sorry-ass strength and conditioning coach.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, RedZone said:

Evidently and that's not really helping him get ready. Going to be tough sledding at the next level most of the time. The holes aren't always huge.

Truthfully, the only time Evans looked like the #1 RB in the nation  last night was when he got that hole big enough to drive a tank through.

I think Evans may drop a few spots in the rankings.

Won’t get into the nitty gritty, but I know a SEC coach who says that Evans is a turd with major issues.  To the point, they backed off recruiting him to a large degree.  

Davis, and Banks (who did not play), are the glue to the offense, and much better leaders/kids.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Yard Dart said:

To be fair to North Shore, they lost a LOT of talent from last year's Championship team.  But for the most part, they weren't the flashy skill position players that everyone fawns over.  They were down-in-the-trenches players, and they were sorely missed last night.  Now, all the cramping from not being in football shape...that's on Coach Kay and whoever he's about to fire for being a sorry-ass strength and conditioning coach.

I thought their conditioning goal was to slowly bring the team along in time for the playoffs, and not risk peaking to early.

1 minute ago, frankyjames said:

Katy wasn't even ranked.

NS was the #2 team in the nation. 

What’s your point?

Thats why preseason rankings are useless, and at the high school level, a complete guess.  

North Shore obviously didn’t deserve to be #2 in the country, and not even # 2 in Texas, with the product they fielded.  They will get much better.  IMO they are a better team than what they showed, but it’s up to them to prove it on the field.

As far as Katy goes, some publications had them in the top 25.  Katy, on paper, will never get credit they deserve.  Katy will greatly improve as the season goes along as well.  That’s what well coached teams do.  

Katy/North Shore is also probably the biggest rivalry in the Houston area.

• Thanks 2

53 minutes ago, FloTex said:

I’m not surprised with Katy.  Gary Joseph is one of the best coaches in America, and last night he proved it once again.

He does more with less than just about anyone.  I’ve said it for 2 years.  Katy doesn’t have the best talent in their district.  Not even close.  There isn’t a player on Katy’s roster that’s a top 5-7 player in Katy ISD, but Joseph gets it done

Katy is much more talented than any team in their district annually and it's not close imo. I think only one or two Cinco Ranch teams matched them in terms of talent

• Thanks 1