Valdosta 50 Colquitt 49 F

HooverOutlaw

I got to watch this game tonight sat with my old midget league coach. I'm in my 40s. That was pretty awesome talking about some of that old stuff along the way through the game. Some guys in your life you never forget. Those guys that coached me up through the rec league were great. Still are. 

Great stuff. 

Lemme tell ya what else is great stuff... This Crown Royal Regal Apple that I have a half gallon of. Hahaha. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ATLien12x said:

@HawgGoneIt I think you’re right. Young Harden is probably a better QB than Parrish. Seems less game manager and more game changer. And I get they had completely different roles with Sihiem & company then. But I’m not sure Parrish had the arm talent 

They both have their upsides and drawbacks. 

Kinda the same but different. 

Parrish was truly unflappable. Harden has gotten better about it, but, as @Woodchopper points out, requires a bit of reassuring when things aren't what he thinks they should be. To be fair, this year especially, we aren't always getting the plays in to Harden like the past, and he takes issue with it... gets extremely upset about it even. (Not so much of that tonight) I don't really blame him. He's been always in one system and it's all suddenly changed. 

Arm strength and playmaking ability 100 percent goes to Harden. 

Harden has a young receiving corps. We are just a little off cycle with QB/receiver groups. Next year we'll be potentially stronger up front, a more senior experienced receiver corps, breaking in a first year starter qb again. Tough cycling the last couple of seasons. (It must be nice to just go get whoever you want and or need to keep your team more on cycle) 

Interesting to see how the kids have all adapted to the different system and all the changes. There is still obviously some hiccups, but, I don't think anyone can judge this group of kids wanting. They are hella game. 

It truly was a scary Friday the 13th... 

Some astonishing upsets  tonight... 

Peach beat Lee like bass drum last week but got beat by Houston HS tonight.... 33-31. 

And slap me if I'm wrong but uh... Did Tucker really lose to Forest Park...? 

Says Forest Park blanked them 26-0... Jesus Christ man... What a fall off... Forest Park is like the bottom of the bottom they haven't done squat and I mean anything since Hines Ward  Was playing for them. what's going on with Tucker? 

Tift lost to Crisp county and idk how to feel about that... 

Colquitt lost to Valdosta

Grayson upset Marietta... 

Camden barely escaped Richmond Hill. Richmond Hill led them the entire game until the 4th quarter. 

Man... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Peach beat Lee like bass drum last week but got beat by Houston HS tonight.... 33-31. 

Says Forest Park blanked them 26-0... Jesus Christ man... What a fall off... Forest Park is like the bottom of the bottom they haven't done squat and I mean anything since Hines Ward  Was playing for them. what's going on with Tucker? 

Camden barely escaped Richmond Hill. Richmond Hill led them the entire game until the 4th quarter. 

Man... 

Anything can happen when the fields are wet & the games been delayed. Not going to hold this against many of these teams.

Archer lost to Mill Creek 10-7

3 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Man... 

Some one needs to check in on @Sweetlarry. He may not be doing alright 

2 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Was that a great game, or was that a great game? Especially for a Cat. 

Congrats.

I am going to have to sit beside the preacher at church Sunday after that game.  I hope that one player is ok.  I heard initial x-rays were negative so that is a blessing.  Good luck the rest of the way for you all.  I dont see anyone stopping your offense.  Unbelievable 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wildcat3 said:

I am going to have to sit beside the preacher at church Sunday after that game.  I hope that one player is ok.  I heard initial x-rays were negative so that is a blessing.  Good luck the rest of the way for you all.  I dont see anyone stopping your offense.  Unbelievable 

I think he is going to be ok. Negative xrays and the training staff said they felt good about it. Just an abundance of caution because of the type of collision and how he kind of went limp with his legs jerking like that. 

Scary moment. 

45 minutes ago, RedZone said:

They won by almost 4 TDs, peanut.

Is that like a win for East Coweta?

East Coweta isnt great this year.

It was technically a 3 possession game.

Mill Creek beat EC 38-6, Carrollton beat them 33-3, Lowndes shouldve beat them by more than that. 

MC & Carrollton can actually throw the ball though... Im not sure Lowndes can.

Not sure Lowndes beats Miami Northwestern next week.

19 minutes ago, Coletrain06 said:

No reschedule? Play the next day? 

Colerain/X have had to finish games the next day twice in the last five years.

They are only 15 minutes apart though.

Mill Creek & Archer are about 17 miles apart... Which translates to 25-30 mins in that area.

They definitely couldve finished. How you can give anyone a W in that game is beyond me.

McEachern & Cedar Grove are finishing today at 7pm & they are 35 miles apart (45 mins or so)

• Thanks 1

Here is my take on the game. @HawgGoneIt I agree it is an instant classic, and unfortunately we were on the wrong end of it. I’m happy with the game for a few different reasons though. First... our Darth Vader is back, and by that I mean Valdosta. It’s great to see them playing good ball again.... I really missed hating them.  2nd I was happy how even though mistakes were made in all aspects.. Offense, Defense, Special Teams, and coaching, that the team stuck together and played as a team. 3rd @ATLien12x I’m. It so worried about Rogers at the moment. If anything I’m glad he finally displayed that he does have a set of balls and isn’t afraid make a little noise if he needs too. He is not Propst that ship has sailed and talking about him in this context is pointless because he isn’t coming back..... at least to Colquitt. Heard he has been doing some “consulting” for the other team in Lowndes county though. I’m back in Valdosta today after 3.5 hours sleep struggling to survive a blazing hot 12u baseball tournament, and last nights game is all the chatter down here. My hat is off to Valdosta they did what they needed to to pull out the W. @imaGoodBoyNow glad you enjoyed the game!

• Thanks 3

11 minutes ago, 94Packer said:

Here is my take on the game. @HawgGoneIt I agree it is an instant classic, and unfortunately we were on the wrong end of it. I’m happy with the game for a few different reasons though. First... our Darth Vader is back, and by that I mean Valdosta. It’s great to see them playing good ball again.... I really missed hating them.  2nd I was happy how even though mistakes were made in all aspects.. Offense, Defense, Special Teams, and coaching, that the team stuck together and played as a team. 3rd @ATLien12x I’m. It so worried about Rogers at the moment. If anything I’m glad he finally displayed that he does have a set of balls and isn’t afraid make a little noise if he needs too. He is not Propst that ship has sailed and talking about him in this context is pointless because he isn’t coming back..... at least to Colquitt. Heard he has been doing some “consulting” for the other team in Lowndes county though. I’m back in Valdosta today after 3.5 hours sleep struggling to survive a blazing hot 12u baseball tournament, and last nights game is all the chatter down here. My hat is off to Valdosta they did what they needed to to pull out the W. @imaGoodBoyNow glad you enjoyed the game!

Now that was HS football just a shame that kid went out on the stretcher, everyone felt for the kid,,. But back to game... I’m sure y’all respect AAAAA now and you got my respect, to bad the game was managed from Buffalo Wild Wings 

CB38E788-8547-47EA-AA1E-C009BCF7F542.jpeg