Who is the #1 CA Public HS football team for 2019?

pde769

10 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Cen10 and MV are easily the best public's... They're playing at a level Folsom hasn't been at since Browning left.... And it's debatable that they where at that level then.... 

False. Folsom has beaten BOTH San Diego teams in the last 2 years. BOTH :)

Cen10 lost to Cathedral, who got BLOWN OUT by Helix. Folsom beat both those teams in 2017 and 2018 :)

Winning!

After watching CDM on Friday, I think you could definitely make an argument for them being the best public school in CA.

I've been skeptical all year on how they would fair against beefier lines & more athletic teams, but they proved they can play with the big boys. Alemany was a much bigger across the board and was loaded with D1 talent all over the field. 

If you went by the "eye test" most would say Alemany would by 3 Tds+, but Corona Del Mar absolutely dominated them once they made 2nd half adjustments. 

As much as we love to talk about DJ and BY, I don't think Ethan Garbers is very far behind. 4,354yds & 62tds with 5ints in 13 games. Humphreys is also as good as any WR I've ever seen at HS level. 

This team is very special. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, mje44 said:

We don't need to get wrapped up in all the technicalities  ;  ) 

6 hours ago, mje44 said:

After watching CDM on Friday, I think you could definitely make an argument for them being the best public school in CA.

I've been skeptical all year on how they would fair against beefier lines & more athletic teams, but they proved they can play with the big boys. Alemany was a much bigger across the board and was loaded with D1 talent all over the field. 

If you went by the "eye test" most would say Alemany would by 3 Tds+, but Corona Del Mar absolutely dominated them once they made 2nd half adjustments. 

As much as we love to talk about DJ and BY, I don't think Ethan Garbers is very far behind. 4,354yds & 62tds with 5ints in 13 games. Humphreys is also as good as any WR I've ever seen at HS level. 

This team is very special. 

If CDM wins out including SBG, they will have a very strong case for best CA public for 2019.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, On2whls said:

If CDM wins out including SBG, they will have a very strong case for best CA public for 2019.  

I am 100% in on CDM.... However.... You Can’t be the #1 Public in CA without Beating Cen10 or MV.... Both Teams have only lost to Private Schools which Happen to be #1 and #2 in the country....

Of course Cen10 lost to SDCC by 3 points in a game where 2 TD’s were called back... But they lost so maybe this year they are #2.... I would argue MV schedule not nearly as strong....

But I would bet that SDCC would have made the D1 Semi Finals if they were at full strength with their QB....

I do think CDM has a big time shot at winning D1AA but who other then Folsom fans consider the D1AA winner “The #1 Public in Ca”?.....

The #1 Public plays elimination games for the Open.... 

Unless of course we change to a Private only and public only format.... Then you could say the #1 public didn’t play elimination games against MD, SJB or DLS....

If PITT Beats DLS, they would be “The #1 Public in Ca” for 2019 because they would have the best win.... 

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...