Coach Negro 2nd Q&A

PrepGridiron

I am not saying he lied.  If true it may have been honest answer from the Texas Coach.  
It was all out dig the way he framed it on this site.

He made two digs in the interview against Texas.  I find it pretty unprofessional myself.  

I was not impressed when he used the refs as one of the reasons Servite nearly upset them.  I can see this response fits other unprofessional answers he provided.

outside of that the interview was good and hopefully Nike and others will do more in future to help promote elite cross country national games involving Texas Public Schools.

I thought SJB had damn good team...However, they didn’t have nothing on the two best teams in Texas.  

Merry Christmas!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

He also said he has to be careful with Tx and not get his kids hurt.  But the Avocado faithful only read Yeah I tried 1 school and they refused and thus Texas is scared.  Lol.  So afraid of getting hurt is brave but 1 team not playing you means Texas is afraid.  That's Rich I tell Ya.  Very rich.  That Negro is full of it.😆

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

In March (very late) to get game.  SJB sent Houston area team email ( school nobody on here would consider elite) invited them to play at their new stadium in sept.  The email promoted their new stadium and also talked how nobody in the Cali region wanted to play them blah blah blah.

This particular coach simply replied - “Our schedule is completed - Thanks for asking”

I actually have the email.

I am not saying this is the only school they reached out to.  Just saying March is pretty late to ask someone to travel clear to Cali.  

Not that they would have made that trip anyways.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Texasball said:

In March (very late) to get game.  SJB sent Houston area team email ( school nobody on here would consider elite) invited them to play at their new stadium in sept.  The email promoted their new stadium and also talked how nobody in the Cali region wanted to play them blah blah blah.

This particular coach simply replied - “Our schedule is completed - Thanks for asking”

That was a pretty snotty reply to a well intentioned solicitation. 

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, Texasball said:

I am not saying this is the only school they reached out to.  Just saying March is pretty late to ask someone to travel clear to Cali.  

Lmao 😂 you clearly have no idea what Texas team he was talking to

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, steeler01 said:

It's happened here in Cali before. I was in the room for the phone call. Sammy's St. Paul coach Marijon Ancich was the coach on the other end saying they didn't want a prominent game again in week 1. They wanted a weaker opponent for the opening week

20 years ago was 1999.

'98 St. Paul opened with Mission Viejo

'99 St. Paul opened with Mission Viejo

'00 St. Paul opened with Fontana.

You make is sound like Coach A was ducking people.  Very disappointing that you don't know your Calif HS football history. 

Also from '65 to '81 no team scheduled tougher than St. Paul.

3 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

20 years ago was 1999.

'98 St. Paul opened with Mission Viejo

'99 St. Paul opened with Mission Viejo

'00 St. Paul opened with Fontana.

You make is sound like Coach A was ducking people.  Very disappointing that you don't know your Calif HS football history. 

Also from '65 to '81 no team scheduled tougher than St. Paul.

I didn't say he's ducking anyone

FYI Mission Viejo stunk in the late 90s

Im just saying what he said. That's why Fontana didn't play St. Paul in a home and home series in 2000 and 01. Even though Fontana was horrible in 01. He didn't know that was going to happen. 

11 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

I didn't say he's ducking anyone

FYI Mission Viejo stunk in the late 90s

Im just saying what he said. That's why Fontana didn't play St. Paul in a home and home series in 2000 and 01. Even though Fontana was horrible in 01. He didn't know that was going to happen. 

I claimed you made it sound like he was ducking someone.  Which you did.

The 2000 game with Fontana was a special Fox TV game.  Not sure a home and home was ever part of the picture.  Usually those agreements are signed prior to the first game. 

Plus St. Paul played Fontana often in the 80's and 90's. 

Plus if there never was  a Coach Ancich, there would have never been a Fontana as a football power.

Bob Johnson was coaching MV in 1999.

@Las Vegas_JC @Horsefly

44 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

I claimed you made it sound like he was ducking someone.  Which you did.

The 2000 game with Fontana was a special Fox TV game.  Not sure a home and home was ever part of the picture.  Usually those agreements are signed prior to the first game. 

Plus St. Paul played Fontana often in the 80's and 90's. 

Plus if there never was  a Coach Ancich, there would have never been a Fontana as a football power.

Bob Johnson was coaching MV in 1999.

@Las Vegas_JC @Horsefly

Fox called and asked who we would be playing. They didn't have a game televised yet.  We said St. Paul and they asked both coaches if they would move the game to a Thursday.  Which happened.  Marijon didn't want to play a big game in week 1 and declined a game for 2001. That came out of his mouth cause I was in the room and heard it

Mission Viejo was 4-7 and 5-5 in those years

Bob Johnson was their 3rd coach in 3 years

20 hours ago, steeler01 said:

Funny.  All this time we hear how people in the know,  know this and that and when we question those remarks,  they say how do you know they're not in the know.  The coach comes on and says what he was told and he's lying cause they don't want to hear that

The reason that I hesitate to believe him is because their dumb as rocks players are on Twitter saying that Negro told them the same thing about STA and Roger Harriott.

Which I know is completely untrue.

• Thumbs Down 1

54 minutes ago, The Guru said:

The reason that I hesitate to believe him is because their dumb as rocks players are on Twitter saying that Negro told them the same thing about STA and Roger Harriott.

Which I know is completely untrue.

As if STA players are sooo smart

After all this is from a STA alumni

Clearly you don't have a clue what you talking about, a very common theme in every thread (Just like your gutless lack of willingness to address me out of fear and pussy nature)

On 12/24/2019 at 4:21 PM, Texasball said:

He took his shot at Texas in passive aggressive way...

Texas coaches are too classy and professional to act this way.

Can’t wait for the day his team is scheduled for Texas best.

outside of the cheap shots it was nice interview.

Merry Christmas!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On 12/24/2019 at 7:13 PM, Horsefly said:

So he meant to be ambiguous, even though I know for a fact he was in pretalks with a Texas power for ‘20.  Why do you think he didn’t mention anything about that scheduling?

anyways it’s xmas eve.  We’ll talk about this once schedules are released.  

Enjoy 

SO a texas team punked out, who cares?  Do y'all think every team in texas has a "anytime, anywhere" attitude?  

On 12/25/2019 at 7:47 AM, Texasball said:

Not that they would have made that trip anyways.

WHO CARES!!!!! Damn, you all are seriously acting like a bunch of offended church moms.  Move on!!  

• Haha 1

• dntn31 unpinned this topic