Q&A with USA Academy Chairman, Dustin DeVaughn

PrepGridiron

Just now, Columbiafan said:

Rush propst has been considered a very good coach but has had some controversy in the past, was there any concern of that when he was hired to coach and how did the hiring come about, did he reach out to you all or did you all reach out to him?

We knew going in to conversation with Coach Propst of the potential backlash from people that have seen the headlines. We out countless hours of due diligence in to the research on the allegations before we ever made contact with Coach Propst. We are confident in our research and decision to start our program with one of the nation's best high school coaches in the history of the game. And yes, we reached out directly to Coach Propst. 

• Like 6

Just now, USA Academy said:

We knew going in to conversation with Coach Propst of the potential backlash from people that have seen the headlines. We out countless hours of due diligence in to the research on the allegations before we ever made contact with Coach Propst. We are confident in our research and decision to start our program with one of the nation's best high school coaches in the history of the game. And yes, we reached out directly to Coach Propst. 

That's good

I always am behind a coach getting a second chance and from what I've seen his removal from colquitt didn't seem to be his fault so I'm glad he getting a chance to continue his coaching career

Best of luck to you all and hope this program is around for years to come and at the top of their game

1 minute ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

One last Question @USA Academy I see you had been IN touch with Vicis Helmets like a lot of the other national schools, do you still plan on wearing the Helmets with Vicis laying off all their workers? 

We have been working with Vicis for quite some time and they obviously make a helmet that would be great to an elite program. We were contacted by Vicis before the announcement to be made aware of what was going on, which we greatly appreciated. We are actively working with them but have obviously have been in contact with other equipment manufacturers that have expressed interest. It has been overwhelming the last 24 hours fe companies wanting to partner with us. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Do you honestly foresee having a home football stadium done in time to have home games next season, or, do you expect to be all travel with perhaps a borrowed/leased field for home games?

Would just like to point out that USA Academy quoted and answered promptly the question before and after this one. 

Seems a lot like the same tactic that was used at the press conference to me. 

• Haha 5

7 minutes ago, USA Academy said:

We have been working with Vicis for quite some time and they obviously make a helmet that would be great to an elite program. We were contacted by Vicis before the announcement to be made aware of what was going on, which we greatly appreciated. We are actively working with them but have obviously have been in contact with other equipment manufacturers that have expressed interest. It has been overwhelming the last 24 hours fe companies wanting to partner with us. 

It’s expensive helmet, our program rocks them, some people would rather chose saving money over safety some times

4 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Haters gonna hate.

Not hating. 

The difficult questions need to be asked and answered, not just for the person asking, but for the general thought processes that brought the question up to begin with. 

Believe it or not, a prompt and satisfactory answer to that simple question, could have quelled a lot of wondering. 

Don't forget that I am a Rush Propst fan, defender and supporter. 

I figure if they have actual plans in place, these types of questions would be simple to answer. I know I'm not alone in that as well.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

In the press conference and again today, he made it abundantly clear that this process started back in September and they're on track to have everything finished by Game 1 on 8/22. Let's trust his words. If things don't come to fruition, then he's free game to any and all detractors.

He should have answered the question. He's free game now. I don't like circle speak or politicians glossing over or beating around the bush. 

In my opinion, he's on a fishing expedition with salesman talk right now. Even simple answers like corporate sponsors weren't answered. That tells me, they don't have any yet and they hope to land some with all this publicity and they'll announce when they get some. 

They need to have their feet put to the fire on the hard questions. It's all circle talk. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, USA Academy said:

At this time the AHSAA and most other state related associations do not have a pathway for elite programs to be a part of their associations. So we will, at this time, remain independent.

USA Academy is far from "elite".....not even at Hoover level.

Why would you say a thing like that?

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

17 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

So you're saying your savior, RP, has surrounded himself with unscrupulous politician shysters? And he entered into this relationship without knowing the complete facts? I think not. 

Maybe. You could make the leap to there if you want to.

What I'm really saying, is, by not answering questions like mine head on, they leave open the door for speculation, very similar to mine. 

This is simple stuff. 

1 minute ago, RedZone said:

He said this outfit was "elite". Ask him!

They don't even have a team. They have some roots and plans. 

When feet put to the fire on "plans" they go silent. I have plans too. But having plans that resemble something an architect drew up, and actual city, county, state permits for infrastructure etc. is totally different. Once you have those types of plans, you don't have to talk in circles, because, you can then give answers. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Just now, GardenStateBaller said:

I’m assisting KS Concrete of Moultrie to secure the concrete bid. Kitt over there is a good friend. Maybe that’ll put your mind at ease. 

Maybe so. Their office is right down the road from my house actually. I watch their race cars go round and round out at Needmore occasionally. Btw, it's B&S Concrete.