3/19: 4,200 infect 5/6 1,2 mil infect & 73K dead, 6/25 2.4 mil infect & 123k+ dead

BigDrop

7 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

That's the spirit. 

Do you have elderly living with you?  I thought you had said that before but don't remember.  At any rate, I hope you remain healthy.  Sincerely.

I do and he hasn't changed a thing either. We both are fine. Thanks.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Blueliner said:

C'mon, man! Enough already with the doom and gloom. We ALLLL get it that the virus is real. People are doing their best to comply and to take others into consideration. But desperation and the feeling of impending poverty for millions of people is starting to become more scary than the virus itself. This whole thing is muddy and people can't get 100% behind what doesn't make sense. People are now willing to take the risk now knowing that the more info that comes out, the more it is clear that this virus isn't as lethal as the unethical, lying, fascist media has been propagandizing it to be. Get ready for much more of this.

I wasn't trying to be doom and gloom. Just matter-of-fact is all. People are gonna people no matter what the media or anyone says. I've said it a few times already, a lot of people didn't even stay home for 14 days where I live, and certainly not 30 days. Nobody was running around out there with gas masks and m-16s locking them up or anything, so, to me, who really cares either way?

The governor issued a stay at home, and people basically said kiss their ass and stayed out up and down the streets anyway. The only folks that abided by the rules were the businesses, which is/was a good thing. 

I've heard people say things about folks getting fined and arrested in other states, but, hell, nobody was appearing to even watch for any violations here. xD

Fuck the law. Hahaha. We don't abide by man's law here. Just God's law...sometimes. :D

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Blueliner said:

C'mon, man! Enough already with the doom and gloom. We ALLLL get it that the virus is real.

👇

On 4/21/2020 at 12:26 AM, Blueliner said:

The collateral, long term, and social damage is gong to be worse than this cold virus could ever be.

On 4/21/2020 at 1:51 PM, Blueliner said:

You fucking un-American, dishonest, unethical leftists and media assholes are the ones with "blood on their hands" from the collateral damage of this overhyped cold virus.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

3 hours ago, World Citizen said:

The mask thing is a pain for me with the beard.  Trying to get the wife to sew me a bad ass Raider mask or something like that but apparently my honey do list is less important than her honey do list.  ¬¬  I had this lady walk up to me the other day.  She had a mask on but when she got to me she lowered it to talk to me.  I had to roll up my window on her drunk ass.  Lol.  Up here we seem to do the 6 ft thing easy enough and it has gotten natural to do so.  

Aren't you moving to Tennessee?  

Stay safe and don't stress brother.

Yes. I actually intended to be there already. As soon as I can actually look at houses in the Knoxville area, It'll be more concrete. I had to cancel my last two trips. I've been looking on the net, there's homes available. But traveling is a little difficult right now. I will be putting my house on the market as soon as this whole thing settles down just a bit more, and go from there. I'm assuming my house will sell fast regardless of all of this. I need to have patience...and not stress. You be cool too.👍🙏

• Like 2

20 hours ago, World Citizen said:

Blue, do you take precautions when you go out?  You know, stay 6 ft away, careful of surfaces, sanitize door handles, wash hands after being out?  

Up in Washington, I see more people being out and about half of them have masks on.  Some are taking it more seriously than others, which isn't surprising as we all are at different places with regard to the risks.  

Just an FYI, but here in Jersey, it's still a full lock down. Sure people move around, but most businesses and all schools, churches, etc. are still closed.  You will be, and people have been arrested, for holding a church service or throwing a party etc....all social gatherings have been effectively outlawed.

Stores that are open for necessities are required by law to require masks for entry, most will only use one door now, and you will find no one outside their car in public (real public like around strangers, excepting joggers etc.) without their mask on....

....it's kinda like china pictures....

How long you think this should last ?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Troll said:

Question of the day! To be safe, until second wave passes. 
I expect a roll out completely by June 1st, then we’ll have the second wave. I think the question should be two parts. One for our current situation and then the second wave... hopefully we’ll have antibodies and vaccines somewhere in striking distance by late fall. 

bgw

3 hours ago, Troll said:

Just an FYI, but here in Jersey, it's still a full lock down. Sure people move around, but most businesses and all schools, churches, etc. are still closed.  You will be, and people have been arrested, for holding a church service or throwing a party etc....all social gatherings have been effectively outlawed.

We are on lock down as well except for gas, grocery stores, pot shops, etc.  Haven't heard of any arrests and haven't heard of any parties or church gatherings so far.

Stores that are open for necessities are required by law to require masks for entry, most will only use one door now, and you will find no one outside their car in public (real public like around strangers, excepting joggers etc.) without their mask on....

It's about 50% of people with masks on and they are usually a bit older.  I see mostly younger people without masks.  

....it's kinda like china pictures....

How long I think it should last?  Tough to answer as It will probably be different for each area but I think @badrouter had a sensible way to proceed.  There should be metrics based on the data and best practices and do it slowly and with clear guidelines as how each area should get back to work.  In a perfect world there would be enough testing and contact tracing in order to have the data to make smart decisions but so far that hasn't happened.  

And @BUFORDGAWOLVES point about the second wave of the virus must be taken seriously, as history has shown, can be worse than the initial wave.  

I will say that it is very disappointing that this has become so partisan.  It's a difficult situation in itself without the unnecessary blame/victim mentality where information from the top is, to put it mildly, unreliable and much of our other sources of information is largely not trusted by a large % of the population.  

A house divided and all that, especially during a crisis, makes everything that much harder to deal with and any agreement on solutions harder to come by.  

So to answer your question, I don't know have a set time on how long it should last but I think we should be more cautious than be in a hurry.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Question of the day! To be safe, until second wave passes. 
I expect a roll out completely by June 1st, then we’ll have the second wave. I think the question should be two parts. One for our current situation and then the second wave... hopefully we’ll have antibodies and vaccines somewhere in striking distance by late fall. 

bgw

Name one vaccine that ever worked on the flu....

you can't.

just sayin'

Rest of the post is good, just can't believe how people get 'sold' on fake goods....

3 hours ago, Troll said:

Name one vaccine that ever worked on the flu....

you can't.

just sayin'

Rest of the post is good, just can't believe how people get 'sold' on fake goods....

Don't be so obtuse, every year that I had the flu shot, I didn't get the flu....

So... let's be positive about a vaccine until then.

BTW Donny's selling everyday... until lately.

bgw

Down in the Bay Area today. Just drove out to the Berkeley Marina with my daughter...yeah that Berkeley...it was packed with people boating, hiking, and flying kites, etc. If I didn't know any better I'd say it looked like a normal day. And most were not wearing masks. What's up with THAT?! Citizens, apparently even liberal citizens, are clearly becoming tired of this shit. But by all means, keep up the fight, economy-crushing never-Trumpers. The rest of America will "thank" you in the end👍

19 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Don't be so obtuse, every year that I had the flu shot, I didn't get the flu....

So... let's be positive about a vaccine until then.

BTW Donny's selling everyday... until lately.

bgw

Learn about some medicine first....then try to speak.

your welcome.

BTW: Don't care if Donny pushes a vaccine for a 'cure'...

4 hours ago, World Citizen said:

I will say that it is very disappointing that this has become so partisan.  It's a difficult situation in itself without the unnecessary blame/victim mentality where information from the top is, to put it mildly, unreliable and much of our other sources of information is largely not trusted by a large % of the population.  

A house divided and all that, especially during a crisis, makes everything that much harder to deal with and any agreement on solutions harder to come by.  

Spot on BTW...👍

In celebration,  Here's a link to the New Micheal Moore Film.....(for free, lol)

Lefties always love his stuff because he always "tells it like it is" right ?.....

A WC such as yourself should find it extremely interesting...

Enjoy the show...🍿

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Troll said:

Spot on BTW...👍

In celebration,  Here's a link to the New Micheal Moore Film.....(for free, lol)

Lefties always love his stuff because he always "tells it like it is" right ?.....

A WC such as yourself should find it extremely interesting...

Enjoy the show...🍿

Michael Moore, and you highbrow me?

Fucking Hell!

Bahahaha. 

bgw

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

So, you’re denying the flu “shot”?

bgw

As some "cure" it's a joke...

If it were effective as a cure, ask yourself why you HAVE to go back and get another one...

For reference, childhood allergies have skyrocketed....today's 'cure' is medicine for life...

But we used to have a 'real cure' in basic allergy shots (good for a lifetime) that are no longer given unless requested...

Now ask yourself what how this applies to the flu...and those 'shots'....

It's a start  anyways...🙄

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Troll said:

As some "cure" it's a joke...

If it were effective as a cure, ask yourself why you HAVE to go back and get another one...

For reference, childhood allergies have skyrocketed....today's 'cure' is medicine for life...

But we used to have a 'real cure' in basic allergy shots (good for a lifetime) that are no longer given unless requested...

Now ask yourself what how this applies to the flu...and those 'shots'....

It's a start for you anyways...🙄

Not sure if I touted it as a “cure” and certainly apologize if my terminology led you to that conclusion. 

bgw

12 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Not sure if I touted it as a “cure” and certainly apologize if my terminology led you to that conclusion. 

bgw

Well you should understand that I know how immunizations against a 'moving' target are in fact very limited, but I don't entirely disagree with their use or employment...

But these days I do seem to have a pet peeve about how they are being 'sold'....by both sides 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

6 hours ago, thc6795 said:

Never had one never will.

Yeah, I’m not wearing my vest either when on patrol nor use fire extinguishers on a call, bullets? Nah, fuck that shit. Seat belts? Fuck it, the windshield will slow me down. 

Looking both ways before crossing? Fuck that shit! They can stop, I gotta get this post game on!

Bahahaha.... you’re a trip THC. 

bgw

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Yeah, I’m not wearing my vest either when on patrol nor use fire extinguishers on a call, bullets? Nah, fuck that shit. Seat belts? Fuck it, the windshield will slow me down. 

Looking both ways before crossing? Fuck that shit! They can stop, I gotta get this post game on!

bgw

I bet he had one in the military, it’s been mandatory for decades 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

bgw

You overstate his case for him...why?

Silly to belittle other's choices when you don't know their constitution.

As example I'll give you the answer you asked for.... I have never had the flu shot as I have never had the flu...

Certainly I've been exposed, etc. but my body never had any issue with it.....

But of course you should not use me as any example for anyone else, It's not the cancer that is killing me, but my body's own immune response...so there is that.

Medicine is not as broad law friendly as some other sciences...

Just sayin'

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Troll said:

You overstate his case for him...why?

Silly to belittle other's choices when you don't know their constitution.

As example I'll give you the answer you asked for.... I have never had the flu shot as I have never had the flu...

Certainly I've been exposed, etc. but my body never had any issue with it.....

But of course you should not use me as any example for anyone else, It's not the cancer that is killing me, but my body's own immune response...so there is that.

Medicine is not as broad law friendly as some other sciences...

Just sayin'

never had the flu myself. Im not letting me inject me with shit they say is for my own good. 

Take a look at the increase in sudden crib deaths once they started mandatory vaccination.