Wisconsin holds its primary election in the middle of a pandemic

RedZone

4 hours ago, RedZone said:

Something bad wrong with the Wisconsin Wingnuts!........I don't get it.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/07/politics/wisconsin-primary-coronavirus/index.html

The Wisconsin election should not be happening today.  It serves as a warning for what could happen in November.

The nightmare is IMPOTUS tells his supporters it's okay to go to the polls in the midst of a pandemic, and those of us with a firm grasp on reality who know it's not safe aren't allowed to vote by mail.   Voting protections must be part of the next stimulus bill.  Republican's can't pass it without Democratic votes (but I could be wrong about this).

Too far-fetched?

😷😷😷

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

The Wisconsin election should not be happening today.  It serves as a warning for what could happen in November.

The nightmare is IMPOTUS tells his supporters it's okay to go to the polls in the midst of a pandemic, and those of us with a firm grasp on reality who know it's not safe aren't allowed to vote by mail.   Voting protections must be part of the next stimulus bill.  Republican's can't pass it without Democratic votes (but I could be wrong about this).

Too far-fetched?

😷😷😷

If now is not the time for the country do mail in ballots I don't think it will ever be.  It makes sense to do mail in and it has worked great in Washington.  I haven't went to vote in years and all I have to do is drop the ballots in specialized mail boxes placed throughout our town.

• Like 3

Me and everyone in my household received an application for absentee ballot in the mail for the Georgia primary which was postponed until May. I didn't request the application, so, I assume the intention is to have the primary be mostly mail in although I haven't heard any announcements about that specifically. 

Anyway, they apparently mailed out these applications to all registered voters in the state over the past couple of weeks, and then, yesterday this story pops up...

https://www.ajc.com/news/state--regional-govt--politics/georgia-elections-chief-launches-effort-against-mail-voting-fraud/uKcFoPbbLnFC0A4nXihaLI/

Now, I'm pretty skittish with Georgia and their extremely right wing secretaries of state as I have been purged from the voting rolls once in 2008 and was forced to cast a provisional ballot, and now, they've mailed ballot applications then announce an effort against mail in fraud. 

Looks like a deviation of your signature, or multiple ballots from the same address could be flagged and potentially tossed. 

No thanks. I'll don a mask and surgical gloves and head to my normal polling place, tyvm. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

Instead of trying to steal or overturn an election. Why don't you get a candidate worthy to vote for.

Mail in will NEVER happen.

Ohio is doing a total mail in primary. 

https://www.wlwt.com/article/ohio-sets-all-mail-primary-april-28-in-person-voting-off/31958693

Georgia, without a law change or suspension of current law, must leave designated voting precincts open for early voting and open all polling places on the scheduled date for the primary, however, as I posted above, Georgia clearly is looking for any slightest reason to challenge a mail in ballot. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Ohio is doing a total mail in primary. 

https://www.wlwt.com/article/ohio-sets-all-mail-primary-april-28-in-person-voting-off/31958693

Georgia, without a law change or suspension of current law, must leave designated voting precincts open for early voting and open all polling places on the scheduled date for the primary, however, as I posted above, Georgia clearly is looking for any slightest reason to challenge a mail in ballot. 

Colorado has had the mail-in option for years. I find it easier than standing in line.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, RedZone said:

Something bad wrong with the Wisconsin Wingnuts!........I don't get it.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/07/politics/wisconsin-primary-coronavirus/index.html

It is about power and an agenda. To hell with human life. It reminds me of the ridiculous position the dufus @concha took supporting the President's call for us to be back to work by Easter. These people are beyond insane. As a free man, I can tell you this: I would never sacrifice my life for one of them!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

It is about power and an agenda. To hell with human life. It reminds me of the ridiculous position the dufus @concha took supporting the President's call for us to be back to work by Easter. These people are beyond insane. As a free man, I can tell you this: I would never sacrifice my life for one of them!

I don't recall doing that. But I trust you.

41 minutes ago, concha said:

I don't recall doing that. But I trust you.

Then you have a short memory. You recall your thread about the cure being worse than the disease? And that maybe it may make sense to lift restrictions? 

Whatever, you are all so full of it, it would be funny if the situation were not tragic. Carry on ...

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

Then you have a short memory. You recall your thread about the cure being worse than the disease? And that maybe it may make sense to lift restrictions? 

Whatever, you are all so full of it, it would be funny if the situation were not tragic. Carry on ...

I remember raising the question.

Are you saying there is no rationale behind raising questions?

Are you saying that destroying an economy would have no repercussions for the mental and physical well-being of the country's citizenry?

We already know that domestic violence is on the increase.  There are those worrying that suicides could increase as people lose their livelihoods.

Do you understand that there are vast areas of the country where people are not stacked on top of one another 24/7/365 and social distancing might not be so critical?

Governor Cuomo himself is signaling budget issues in New York due to the economic crisis being caused.

Do you think healthcare is unaffected when an economy is crippled?  You do realize that healthcare is not free, right? Or do you actually believe it when left-wing pols talk about free healthcare? 🤡

Perhaps unlike you I can actually see the forest for the trees, dimwit.

PS:  I'd sacrifice Chiptard the WonderRacist's life for yours.  You're welcome.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, DarterBlue said:

Thank God you wouldn't. By the way no one asked you too.

#herocomplex

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, maxchoboian said:

Colorado has had the mail-in option for years. I find it easier than standing in line.

I do that also, but they keep sending us ballots for our two kids. We are empty nesters. Every year we have to remind them that Dick and Jane don't live here anymore, and haven't lived here for over 5 years, so no, they won't be able to do jury duty now, any more than they were for the previous years. And no more ballots for them anymore.

Next year? Probably another jury summons, and the following year probably more ballots.

If we were dishonest, my wife and I could have voted twice each in every election. Same is true for everybody who has deceased relatives, who are probably getting an extra vote for the dead family member(s).

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

5 hours ago, DarterBlue said:

Come on Darter, I've read your posts...you're smarter than that. Trump never called for us to be back to work by Easter. The decision hadn't been made. He merely expressed the hope that maybe that would be the case, but that that decision would be made after consulting with all the fine people standing behind him at the briefings (among others). After those consultations he made the decision to extend the measures that were in place until the end of April.

I'm sure he will express the hope that we will be able to ease those measures at that time, but he won't be making that decision until after more consultations with the expert advisers. And the haters on this board and elsewhere will criticize him no matter which way he decides to go. You know it, and I know it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 hours ago, Slotback Right said:

If we were dishonest, my wife and I could have voted twice each in every election. Same is true for everybody who has deceased relatives, who are probably getting an extra vote for the dead family member(s).

In your own words..."you're smarter than that."" I know for a fact you are way off in suggesting "everybody...probably getting an extra vote for a dead family member(s)."  Nor do I believe that, even after telling people every year your children are no longer living with at your residence, they send ballots for them anyway. Maybe it happened once right after a child moved elsewhere, but repeatedly year after year, even though you continually told them otherwise? Nah, I'm guessing that is a stretch.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

In your own words..."you're smarter than that."" I know for a fact you are way off in suggesting "everybody...probably getting an extra vote for a dead family member(s)."  Nor do I believe that, even after telling people every year your children are no longer living with at your residence, they send ballots for them anyway. Maybe it happened once right after a child moved elsewhere, but repeatedly year after year, even though you continually told them otherwise? Nah, I'm guessing that is a stretch.

Repeatedly Max. And thanks for calling me a liar. My daughter was the last one to leave the house...in 2014. My son left in 2010. This year was the first time since then that no ballots for them came to the house, but I did get a jury summons, which is issued to people on the voter rolls. when we went to the Mesa County Justice center (again) to try to clear this up, Rose Anne Kelley, the jury commissioner , 21st judicial district wrote back asking for more information. I took photos of the correspondence (which was postmarked December 6, 2019) and texted it to my son. I still have it in my phone (in fact I am reading from it as I type). Unfortunately, I am not savvy enough to know how to post it on here without giving away my identity. So, I guess I'll just have to live with the fact that you think I'm a liar.

• Thumbs Down 1

43 minutes ago, Slotback Right said:

Repeatedly Max. And thanks for calling me a liar. My daughter was the last one to leave the house...in 2014. My son left in 2010. This year was the first time since then that no ballots for them came to the house, but I did get a jury summons, which is issued to people on the voter rolls. when we went to the Mesa County Justice center (again) to try to clear this up, Rose Anne Kelley, the jury commissioner , 21st judicial district wrote back asking for more information. I took photos of the correspondence (which was postmarked December 6, 2019) and texted it to my son. I still have it in my phone (in fact I am reading from it as I type). Unfortunately, I am not savvy enough to know how to post it on here without giving away my identity. So, I guess I'll just have to live with the fact that you think I'm a liar.

Sounds like two separate things, being ballots and jury summons. Ballots are mailed based on a person's voter registration file. I'm surprised you were not told for 10 years that a person can go online and edit their address in their file. And jury summons are generated from a number of lists, including voter registration, along with driver's licenses and other databases. The jury summons could be a result of incorrect information in a number of places, not just voter registration. While there is undoubtedly room for mistakes, I do not think everybody (or even many) are getting extra votes for dead family members.

• Like 1