Pandemic

DarterBlue

Just now, DevilDog said:

I also got a letter from my 401K provider that due to Covid 19 you can withdraw funds and the penalty for early withdrawal is now waived.  I didn't pay attention to the timeline.  I should take out about 30K and go act a fool 😎.   I'm  grateful hell I have saved more money during COVID-19. Thankfully my Company was prosperous in the 1st qtr and I just opened up a requisition with HR to fill another sales position on my team.  

Good luck finding someone. Like I said it's hard competition when the competition is free money

5 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

But it can be extended easily. My company's owner made the right call. He had 90% of our staff work from home. 

Our problem is right now I need to hire 20 techs. Our wage can't compete with what people are getting from unemployment.

And I have a friend that was making about 85K  a yr and is having hell getting benefits.  Either they are behind with the work load  or sandbagging 

4 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

And I have a friend that was making about 85K  and is having hell getting benefits.  Either they are behind with the work load  or sandbagging 

I think both. My son was laid off a month ago. He tried for two weeks getting unemployment to no avail. Luckily he lived by my code always have at least 2 months salary set aside just in case. Kia called him back two weeks ago. He got a letter saying he had been approved. He qualifies for 575.00 more a month then he currently makes. He was pist. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

I think both. My son was laid off a month ago. He tried for two weeks getting unemployment to no avail. Luckily he lived by my code always have at least 2 months salary set aside just in case. Kia called him back two weeks ago. He got a letter saying he had been approved. He qualifies for 575.00 more a month then he currently makes. He was pist. 

Smart brother to teach him the value of savings.  Check this out:  These are the latest stats:  With the current Unemployment benefits in Texas and with the  Fed Govt subsidy  paid annually they would be in the top 40% of wage owners. 

According to the SSA, the average wage $52,145.80

Top 1%
This may surprise you but to be in the top 1% of wage earners in the United States in 2018, you need to earn over $250,000 a year.

The Middle – 50%
Here's another number that may surprise you – to be in the top half (50%) of all earners you need to earn somewhere between $25,000 – $29,999.99 a year. The number of people earning less than $30,000 accounts for 46.5% of the population.

The Range

• 1%: $250,000
  • 5%: $140,000
  • 10%: $100,000
  • 20%: $65,000
  • 30%: $45,000
  • 40%: $35,000
  • 50%: $25,000
  • 60%: $20,000
  • 70%: $10,000
  • 80%: $5,000
  • 90%: $0.01 — $4,999

2 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Smart brother to teach him the value of savings.  Check this out:  These are the latest stats:  With the current Unemployment benefits in Texas and with the  Fed Govt subsidy  paid annually they would be in the top 40% of wage owners. 

Top 1%
This may surprise you but to be in the top 1% of wage earners in the United States in 2018, you need to earn over $250,000 a year.

The Middle – 50%
Here's another number that may surprise you – to be in the top half (50%) of all earners you need to earn somewhere between $25,000 – $29,999.99 a year. The number of people earning less than $30,000 accounts for 46.5% of the population.

The Range

Interesting, this is much lower than I thought the distribution would be (Top 10% and below figures) 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

Good luck finding someone. Like I said it's hard competition when the competition is free money

The starting pay is above the National Average of 52K and more than what is being paid with unemployment benefits.  My challenge will be finding a qualified Commercial Vehicle Insurance person.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Interesting, this is much lower than I thought the distribution would be (Top 10% and below figures) 

What's striking is those at the top skew the National avg at 52K per year.  When 47% of the population earn less than 30K.  That's why when things like this pandemic occur people suffer and for those that think they are just sucking off benefits.  Hell they need that money.  You have to look at the totality of things.  Most American's are not enjoying all this capitalism.  50% earn 25K a year

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

To show how poor the rest of the world is the top 30% American Wage earners 45K per year are among the top1% wage earners on earth. 

Check this out.   

A net worth of $93,170 U.S. is enough to make you richer than 90 percent of people around the world,

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

What's striking is those at the top skew the National avg at 52K per year.  When 47% of the population earn less than 30K.  That's why when things like this pandemic occur people suffer and for those that think they are just sucking off benefits.  Hell they need that money.  You have to look at the totality of things.  Most American's are not enjoying all this capitalism.  50% earn 25K a year

Exactly! 

2 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Exactly! 

Of course I tend to research things and not listen to the Tricknology.   All one needs is to look at the food Stamps program and who gets it and why.  Most are the working poor. Not welfare queens setting on their asses.   

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Of course I tend to research things and not listen to the Tricknology.   All one needs is to look at the food Stamps program and who gets it and why.  Most are the working poor. Not welfare queens setting on their asses.   

Yeah, I really thought the median salaries would be closer to the average than what it is.   I thought it would be in the $35-40k/yr range. 

this was 2018 so the inflated # for 2020 probably aren’t much different 

Was this off the SSA site? 

48 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Top 1%

The Middle – 50%

The Range

Wow

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Yeah, I really thought the median salaries would be closer to the average than what it is.   I thought it would be in the $35-40k/yr range. 

this was 2018 so the inflated # for 2020 probably aren’t much different 

Was this off the SSA site? 

Yes I think they post them every 2 years.  

9 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

I found the source, thanks. 

This is Tricknology.  

I am poor as fuck and lose my shitty Job paying me 25K and getting food Stamps to help feed my kids. Now all of a sudden for the next 3 months I get twice what I was making and I am just a lazy fuck setting on my ass.   I need to hurry up and get another shitty job over the next 3 months.  That's fucking stupid.  Yet these acolytes eat up the trickery and then turn around and bloviate it.  I told my friends daughter it's in your best interest to always get more money search for a job and put your availability date around the times these funds expires.  You know like the President bragging he paid no taxes and knows how to beat the system and knows it better than anyone.  Not a peep from the Sheep.  They are closer to that poor person than that rich person yet keep shitting on their fellow citizens.  It's abhorrent

Who the hell is going to give up $3600 over 3 months to take less than $2500 which is what 50% of them were making?  You are the dumb ass if you think they should fuck themselves over to appease your ignorance. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

Just now, DevilDog said:

This is Tricknology.  

I am poor as fuck and lose my shitty Job paying me 25K and getting food Stamps to help feed my kids. Now all of a sudden for the next 3 months I get twice what I was making and I am just a lazy fuck setting on my ass I need to hurry up and get another shitty job over the next 3 months.  That's fucking stupid.  Yet these acolytes eat up the trickery and then turn around and bloviate it.  I told my friends daughter it's in your best interest to always get more money search for a job and put your availability date around the times these funds expires.  You know like the President bagging he paid no taxes and knows how to beat the system and knows it better than anyone.  Not a peep from the Sheep.  They are closer to that poor person than that rich person yet keep shitting on their fellow citizens.  It's abhorrent

Shit, they'll fight your ass about it. Call you names and all around fuckery on social media about it. 

#tricknology works and it's strong af. xD

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Shit, they'll fight your ass about it. Call you names and all around fuckery on social media about it. 

#tricknology works and it's strong af. xD

They have perfected it:   Studying Malcolm helped me appreciate the depth of it's employment in America.  😒  

Again these fools believe a Slave owner thought all men were created equal and another had wooden Freaking Teeth.  Imagine eating and drinking with wood in your mouth. That SumaBitch woulda had wood rot in 2 days.  They teach this B.S. in school and had me believing it and bloviating it.  Amazing Liars 🤣  Alot of them even keep an outdated lil book in their pocket to keep up the Trickery  Somewhere later these same people were 3/5th human in their lil pocket lie 😂

That's other world Tricknology

Tricknology is a type of deception where one mixes truth and lies in order to take advantage, manipulate, and dominate. Often associated with the use of technology and fields of academia to impose a belief system based on a false foundation. Tricknology is “devilishment – 

According to the Oxford Living Dictionary, Tricknology is defined as follows:

1. US depreciative. The techniques of deception and manipulation employed by a dominant group to disempower a weaker one
  2. Innovative techniques or technology, especially for recording or performing music.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Belly Bob said:

No, I'm saying that it does. 

Wasn't that the intention though? I mean really. The intention was to give incentive to stay home for long enough to flatten the curve and hopefully see a decline in the spread of covid19.

As companies are released more and more to move back toward full capacity, the benefits/incentives to stay home while propping the economy will fade and the people that apparently don't want to work will have to return to work for their own economic reasons.

It's not rocket science. People are just pricks in general and love the talking points about "lazy bastards that don't want to work." 

People are scared so they don't want to if they don't have to. Eventually they will have to. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, zulu1128 said:

CDC confirms that the IFR for Wuhan Flu is 0.27%...almost identical to the 1957-58 flu outbreak which killed 116,000 Americans and infected 45 million. 

Weirdly, the country didn’t lose their collective shit during that outbreak. 🤷‍♂️

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/planning-scenarios-h.pdf

EYny_xWXkAAvkQr?format=png&name=900x900

Good data. And I'm about 110% certain that "covid" deaths are being over-reported. So there's that, too.