Pandemic

DarterBlue

23 hours ago, DevilDog said:

I also got a letter from my 401K provider that due to Covid 19 you can withdraw funds and the penalty for early withdrawal is now waived.  I didn't pay attention to the timeline.  I should take out about 30K and go act a fool 😎.   I'm  grateful!  Hell I have saved more money during COVID-19. Thankfully my Company was prosperous in the 1st qtr and I just opened up a requisition with HR to fill another sales position on my team.  

I pulled 100K today. Took literally 3-4 mins to do. Cares act will negate 10% early withdrawal penalty...  You qualify if you or immediate family member have ChinaVirus or if your work/finances been impacted or daycare issues. We had our hours reduced to 32/w so I qualified. Put an offer on new home today. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, NorCalRuss said:

I pulled 100K today. Took literally 3-4 mins to do. Cares act will negate 10% early withdrawal penalty...  You qualify if you or immediate family member have ChinaVirus or if your work/finances been impacted or daycare issues. We had our hours reduced to 32/w so I qualified. Put an offer on new home today. 

I will not qualify.  No ChinaVirus nor work/finances knock on wood impacted.    Damn sure beat Refi or equity loan.  Hell I'm saving more money by staying at home.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, I AM IRONMAN said:

We argue with each other ALOT but I pray all the posters here stay healthy and we ALL get through this so we can focus on telling each other whybour hs fb team is the best ✌👍

I agree bro.  Nothing like a shared hardship to put petty shit to rest. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, zulu1128 said:

CDC confirms that the IFR for Wuhan Flu is 0.27%...almost identical to the 1957-58 flu outbreak which killed 116,000 Americans and infected 45 million. 

Weirdly, the country didn’t lose their collective shit during that outbreak. 🤷‍♂️

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/planning-scenarios-h.pdf

EYny_xWXkAAvkQr?format=png&name=900x900

With social distancing measures in place.

This graph shows what was happening in the state of Georgia before and during and since the lifting of the measures. Behavioral changes make a difference in the IFR.

Screenshot_20200527-074059_Chrome.thumb.jpg.70372ab923744fb9e9a846ebaa373b2e.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Or under reported, not everybody is tested.

Data is not in, yet.

Can't be.

bgw

And of course the chances of "under-reporting" apply mostly to the "not tested" side.....

as in.....missing all the "positive but not dead" numbers...

Chances are if they were dead from it, we'd know about it by now....

Good point you make there...👍

about all the non-accurate numbers people argue about here 🤣

BTW: how do you think your point will effect those numbers moving forward ? 🤔

2 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Or under reported, not everybody is tested.

Data is not in, yet.

Can't be.

bgw

True. But my gut and logic tells me that the number that is being reported is the ABSOLUTE highest. And I am 110% certain that the number is being over-reported. That said, THAT number will never be actually known because there aren't any autopsies being performed. ANYONE that has anything that is remotely close to the signs and symptoms of the Wuhan has that being the COD. I used to ask myself why the hell do people WANT this to be so bad. Well...now we know (actually is was right in front of our faces the whole time). I don't need to bother myself with such obvious answers to obvious questions any longer. 

• Haha 1

Lol. "People want this to be so bad."

Hahaha. That's the funniest shit I've read on here, probably ever. People just love being scared and staying home. People just want this virus to be lurking out there to potentially kill them or their families. 

What a damned circus. Lmao.

43 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

True. But my gut and logic tells me that the number that is being reported is the ABSOLUTE highest. And I am 110% certain that the number is being over-reported. That said, THAT number will never be actually known because there aren't any autopsies being performed. ANYONE that has anything that is remotely close to the signs and symptoms of the Wuhan has that being the COD. I used to ask myself why the hell do people WANT this to be so bad. Well...now we know (actually is was right in front of our faces the whole time). I don't need to bother myself with such obvious answers to obvious questions any longer. 

You have zero faith in humanity, you mean?

bgw

1 minute ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Who fuckin' knows, the models were varied from the get go...

Nobody knows is my guess.

bgw

Agreed....That's why it's probably critical to stick with some pretty basic numbers at this point.....👍

Like the simplest and most meaningful one....

How many have died over the average or based on other years ?.

...without stirring the BS with a spoon.

PS: Seems like everyone wants to argue BS statistics and they don't even have any knowledge of the "base" they are standing on...

🤷‍♂️

On 5/26/2020 at 12:17 PM, HawgGoneIt said:

Wasn't that the intention though? I mean really. The intention was to give incentive to stay home for long enough to flatten the curve and hopefully see a decline in the spread of covid19.

[...]

I didn't think of that. Maybe it was a good move at the time. But it seems like lawmakers should jettison that, or at least revise it, in the next stimulus package. People who can work should work.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blueliner said:

A knew a guy who grew up as a Southern Baptist in a small, rural town. He believed that people who disagreed on points of theology were possessed by demons. He had a hard time when he went off to college and finally changed his mind after a "confrontation" with a woman who claimed to able to talk to the dead. He realized that she wasn't a demon but an idiot. He told me that once you believe that the Devil is out to get you, you see him everywhere. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

I didn't think of that. Maybe it was a good move at the time. But it seems like lawmakers should jettison that, or at least revise it, in the next stimulus package. People who can work should work.

I agree to an extent. The issue becomes, without a national level template to follow, each state has their own pace and decisions on what is deemed essential, what is more safe to open and by what percentage it can be opened. So, to that effect, some people that can work, still won't be able to, as the need for them at the place of employment they are drawing unemployment from may no longer need them. It isn't right to kick them off of unemployment completely if that is the case. I do think that dropping that "extra" off is not a bad idea though. That was only put there to help keep the economy propped up as pretty much everything ground to a halt anyway. It isn't as necessary as everything gets phased back in imo. 

6 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

With social distancing measures in place.

This graph shows what was happening in the state of Georgia before and during and since the lifting of the measures. Behavioral changes make a difference in the IFR.

Screenshot_20200527-074059_Chrome.thumb.jpg.70372ab923744fb9e9a846ebaa373b2e.jpg

No they don't. You're talking about transmission, or the R0. Distancing measures have zero effect of the IFR, which is the Infection Fatality Rate. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Hahaha. That's the funniest shit I've read on here, probably ever.

You took a little hiatus from the OT forum. He's been saying that a lot. I envision his eyes closed and ears covered as he's repeated it, so's noone can tell him differently.

5 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

You took a little hiatus from the OT forum. He's been saying that a lot. I envision his eyes closed and ears covered as he's repeated it, so's noone can tell him differently.

Yeah, idk, seems a pretty unhinged viewpoint to me. I ain't hatin' though. As I've said before, people are all over the place with their levels of acceptance of the reality. If he wants to believe everyone "wants" to be locked down, afraid to shake hands and that type of stuff all for some political agenda, that's OK with me. It just has to be ok that I laugh at how unhinged it is too though. 

It's interesting to me that the only people that seem to have these types of views are hardline Trump supporters. Not just on here, but hell, in my town and everywhere I go pretty much. 

In reality,, most average folks I come into contact with are concerned for their health and safety and could really give a shit less about politics of this fucking thing.

Only the looniest of political loons that are living on some crazy plane of existence where politics is the most important thing in the world are thinking "Oh yeah, we got him now." Or "People want this to be so, so they can get him politically." I have heard a few around me say this thing goes away after the election and similar crap to that. I haven't heard even one person say "We got him now" though. I think that fairly well shows which folks are the most unhinged. 

It's pretty ridiculous how some people think and to what extent they'll view their fellow Americans if they think they aren't on board with whatever DJT is up to and just ecstatic about his childish antics and that type stuff. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Hahaha. That's the funniest shit I've read on here, probably ever. People just love being scared and staying home. People just want this virus to be lurking out there to potentially kill them or their families. 

What a damned circus. Lmao.

You're center ring supporting the BULLSHIT. Nice job, Barnibum. 🤣

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Belly Bob said:

A knew a guy who grew up as a Southern Baptist in a small, rural town. He believed that people who disagreed on points of theology were possessed by demons. He had a hard time when he went off to college and finally changed his mind after a "confrontation" with a woman who claimed to able to talk to the dead. He realized that she wasn't a demon but an idiot. He told me that once you believe that the Devil is out to get you, you see him everywhere. 

Sigh. Whatever, man. The Devil is not "everywhere"...just on the left. Sounds like your friend needs to get out more. Or maybe he doesn't and he's right. Not my call. Me? I didn't grow up in a small town. In fact, I grew up in the one of the most populated areas in the US. I've seen my area go from normal to fucking liberal and it's now destroyed by said ideology.  Let me tell you something else, BB. I've been down in the shit my entire career. I've seen people die from trauma, and socioeconomic shit YOU and your pussy friends here can't even imagine. I didn't just fall off of the turnip truck, and for you (and others) to dismiss my "knowledge" is fucking offensive (to me). But don't worry, I'll get over it. I've got a bachelor's and master's degree from two prestigious universities. I've seen the liberal academic establishment at work first-hand on our youth. You offend me with this crap. Go fuck yourself. YOU are the guy in the small town. 👍

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

You're center ring supporting the BULLSHIT. Nice job, Barnibum. 🤣

Just a note...

But I would not be so quick to accuse those on the left, of wholeheartedly supporting everything the left stands for....

Just a wee bit too much 'generalization' there....

And that doesn't work out very well, when you are speaking to most individuals...

21 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

Sigh. Whatever, man. The Devil is not "everywhere"...just on the left. Sounds like your friend needs to get out more. Or maybe he doesn't and he's right. Not my call. Me? I didn't grow up in a small town. In fact, I grew up in the one of the most populated areas in the US. I've seen my area go from normal to fucking liberal and it's now destroyed by said ideology.  Let me tell you something else, BB. I've been down in the shit my entire career. I've seen people die from trauma, and socioeconomic shit YOU and your pussy friends here can't even imagine. I didn't just fall off of the turnip truck, and for you (and others) to dismiss my "knowledge" is fucking offensive (to me). But don't worry, I'll get over it. I've got a bachelor's and master's degree from two prestigious universities. I've seen the liberal academic establishment at work first-hand on our youth. You offend me with this crap. Go fuck yourself. YOU are the guy in the small town. 👍

I'm not doubting your first-hand experience or your education or suggesting that you're a naive small-town bumpkin. And I went to school for a long time also and I've worked in academia for a little while now and I don't like what's going on there at all and I've posted about it many times here.

My point was just that people can become bewitched by ideas, even extremely smart people. Wittgenstein used to talk a lot about the dangers of falling under the spell of a theory. There were more than a few Nazis who had PhDs and a lot of experience in the world. It happened to St Paul. It has happened to me a few times. It happens in politics often.

11 minutes ago, Troll said:

Just a note...

But I would not be so quick to accuse those on the left, of wholeheartedly supporting everything the left stands for....

Just a wee bit too much 'generalization' there....

And that doesn't work out very well, when you are speaking to most individuals...

Troll. YOU wouldn’t. I’m clearly well past that. I’ve been patient and understanding, but I’ll be as quick as I need to be now. I’m over it. Show me otherwise and I’ll listen. These Aholes don’t listen to anyone else. As a former (real) democrat, I know exactly where beliefs and values stand in terms of liberalism. i know that oh so many innocent lives have been negatively affected by these A-Holes that are so quick to look down upon and control the common folk. But please remember, as I’ve “boasted” so many times, I am experienced in terms of government, education, social, and economics that I guarantee that no other clown on here can match. And if you can, let yourself be known. I’d love to hear about your experiences so that we can share with the class. 

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

Troll. YOU wouldn’t. I’m clearly well past that. I’ve been patient and understanding, but I’ll be as quick as I need to be now. I’m over it. Show me otherwise and I’ll listen. These Aholes don’t listen to anyone else. As a former (real) democrat, I know exactly where beliefs and values stand in terms of liberalism. i know that oh so many innocent lives have been negatively affected by these A-Holes that are so quick to look down upon and control the common folk. But please remember, as I’ve “boasted” so many times, I am experienced in terms of government, education, social, and economics that I guarantee that no other clown on here can match. And if you can, let yourself be known. I’d love to hear about your experiences so that we can share with the class. 

That’s a pretty bold claim blue, there are many well educated professionals on here.  I know one was a gov economist.    Lay out your credentials...