Official Georgia Decade Tournament

ngdawg

Just now, FootballGuy said:

Not gonna lie... I would like to see Buford vs Bingham

What you think about that game? @BUFORDGAWOLVES

What year? Are you thinking lately?

Those earlier Buford teams although playing small school classes were formidable. One year, traveled out to Texas and showed out. This what was told to me. I’m sure it can be looked up

To be fair, I don’t know much about Bingham. 

bgw

2 hours ago, Omaha Vol said:

They were certainly strong the year they went to Texas and knocked off SLC at their house. I think SLC was on a 45 or 50 game winning streak at the time. Great game and good win for FL. 

Honestly that team (07 I believe) was better than the MNW of last few years, Northwestern has been great but that 07 team was special 

4 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

2011 was LOADED, kinda like Grayson that lost to BC. 

I went over it a while back but seeing it was you and your football savvy didn’t feel the need. 

bgw

I hear you, but damn Norcross had players too.   Three guys on that team are in the NFL. 

RB Kamara, DE Lorenzo Carter,  TE Chris Herndon

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 954gator said:

I hear you, but damn Norcross had players too.   Three guys on that team are in the NFL. 

RB Kamara, DE Lorenzo Carter,  TE Chris Herndon

I'm proud to have only lost to them by 10. They had a great team going and clearly deserved that state championship victory. Xcellent 25 rank had them at 3rd in the country. And yet they already lost in this bracket to 2011 Buford. Chaos.

Just now, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

I know, I know.... how that work out against BTW?

Your rebuttal ought to be “pretty good”, I served up a “fat” one. 

bgw

I believe that was 2013, when Kamara was already at Tennessee. Norcross 2013 was not nearly as good as in 2012. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Honestly that team (07 I believe) was better than the MNW of last few years, Northwestern has been great but that 07 team was special 

Ummm that team was MUCH MUCH better than any recent MNW teams.    They, like the BTW teams of 2012-2014 had extremely good offenses to go along with their D and athleticism.    They were well coached (especially BTW with Harris).   BTW in particular has always had a "we're winning this shit" OOS mentality.    2012-2014 BTW won @ Cedar Hill Tx,  @Norcross Ga,  @ Gorman NV,  @ Oscar Smith Va, @ Tucker Ga, and Neutral vs Bingham Ut.    That's 5 OOS road games and BK classic game in 3 years.  

4 hours ago, ngdawg said:

@georgiagator1@HawgGoneIt@Ga96@MTP28@Fred@TheMaximumHornetSting@FootballGuy and others, are you interested in voting? If not, I may just post the next section of the bracket. No hard feelings if you don't vote, I just want to see who the ultimate winner is quicker (my guess is it'll be 2016 Grayson, 2014 Colquitt, or 2015 Colquitt).

I'm down. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 954gator said:

Ummm that team was MUCH MUCH better than any recent MNW teams.    They, like the BTW teams of 2012-2014 had extremely good offenses to go along with their D and athleticism.    They were well coached (especially BTW with Harris).   BTW in particular has always had a "we're winning this shit" OOS mentality.    2012-2014 BTW won @ Cedar Hill Tx,  @Norcross Ga,  @ Gorman NV,  @ Oscar Smith Va, @ Tucker Ga, and Neutral vs Bingham Ut.    That's 5 OOS road games and BK classic game in 3 years.  

I agree 

That's why I said what MNW did in 07 has very little to do with the recent OOS struggles

6 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

I know, I know.... how that work out against BTW?

Your rebuttal ought to be “pretty good”, I served up a “fat” one. 

bgw

They weren't the same team without Kamara IMO.    He was the heart and soul of that offense.    Who knows how they would have done in 2012 without him.    

• Like 1

Just now, 954gator said:

They weren't the same team without Kamara IMO.    He was the heart and soul of that offense.    Who knows how they would have done in 2012 without him.    

Very true. That 2013 was no match for the 2012 team. Still in shock at how they got knocked by 2011 Buford. But then again, this is just a bracket.

1 minute ago, Columbiafan said:

I agree 

That's why I said what MNW did in 07 has very little to do with the recent OOS struggles

And when you really think about it MNW should have beaten SLC by more IMO.  So maybe in that case they were just way better athletically.    BTW used to beat up on teams by multiple scores.   

50 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

@BUFORDGAWOLVES@954gator@Columbiafan@CCBlackhatter@imaGoodBoyNow@HooverOutlaw@Omaha Vol and others...

Bottom Right First Round:

(1) 2014 Colquitt County vs. (16) 2010 Tucker

(8) 2018 Archer vs. (9) 2017 Blessed Trinity

(5) 2016 Cartersville vs. (12) 2018 Cartersville

(4) 2013 Norcross vs. (13) 2016 Benedictine

(6) 2017 Lowndes vs. (11) 2010 Buford

(3) 2011 Grayson vs. (14) 2014 Grayson

(7) 2013 Buford vs. (10) 2015 Cartersville

(2) 2017 North Gwinnett vs. (15) 2010 North Gwinnett

Voting will close by Tuesday at 9:00 pm. Let me know if you have any questions or concerns!

2014  Colquitt

2018 Archer

2018 Cartersville

2013 Norcross

2017 Lowndes 

2011 Grayson

2013 Buford

2017 North Gwinnett

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

Ok, but I think MNW can give Marietta a decent run for its money, too. Maybe not win, but at least provide good competition. I will say one thing, though: Marietta this year was weird. They played amazing against great teams, but played very badly against others. It was a very confusing season in my opinion.

I'll excuse the mceachern loss for marietta since thy're rivals. Shit happens in rivalry games. The Grayson loss was confusing. Other than that, they were good money. 

• Like 1

Just now, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

2014  Colquitt

2018 Archer

2018 Cartersville

2013 Norcross

2017 Lowndes 

2014 Grayson

2013 Buford

2017 North Gwinnett

2014 Grayson? I must say that I'm surprised. Any reasoning behind that or do you think it's a pure upset? Of course, you don't have to explain, I'm just curious.

1 minute ago, FootballGuy said:

I'll excuse the mceachern loss for marietta since thy're rivals. Shit happens in rivalry games. The Grayson loss was confusing. Other than that, they were good money. 

See, I get that it's a rivalry game. But I still think Marietta's caliber should have easily led them to a victory over a very overrated McEachern team. The Grayson was confusing, too, I'll admit.

• Like 1