So Prep Gridiron looking to start

Ga96

A South Georgia vs USA annual even to rival the Corky Kell classic. Im all for this wish it could have been handled by those in the area but I know the fans will prefer it over the corky kell it gets tiring having to appears Atlanta.

Lowndes suppose to be the first team in 2021 and Valdosta and Lee county are supposed to be the other 2 in 2022 joining Lowndes.

2 hours ago, Ga96 said:

A South Georgia vs USA annual even to rival the Corky Kell classic. Im all for this wish it could have been handled by those in the area but I know the fans will prefer it over the corky kell it gets tiring having to appears Atlanta.

Lowndes suppose to be the first team in 2021 and Valdosta and Lee county are supposed to be the other 2 in 2022 joining Lowndes.

This is nice and all but theres a few problems.... 

How are we gonna get major teams involved.... the nearest major airport is Jacksonville.... 

Tbh... Im surprised  nobody has proposed a Airport in Valdosta yet... 

26 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

How are we gonna get major teams involved.... the nearest major airport is Jacksonville.... 

Valdosta has an airport

30 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Have to ask gsb or whoever is actually connected on here because their guy is the one who called in and announced it.

3 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

GSB is connected? To what? A steaming cauldron of Bullshit?

Mmmm'kay.

bgw

Yeah that's why I said whoever is actually connected on here. The guy is that represents prep gridiron when it comes to pod cast and what not sounds shady in every interview.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

It should be a joint deal Georgia Florida and Alabama.  Do it in Valdosta and Troy,Al and some place in Florida rotate it. You know Valdosta, Lowndes , Colquitt and Lee County would be on board. From Alabama Hoover, Thompson, Central PC and Prattville. Need 4 from Florida. Columbia is one.

If they alternate locations then columbia would be a good host for the Florida dates because they are less than an hour from the GA border and have a lot of open space for parking and seat more people than any stadium up in the area 

Anyone who don't believe me can ask @DarterBlue @Nolebull813 or @HawgGoneIt

They have all seen the stadium within the past 2 seasons

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

If they alternate locations then columbia would be a good host for the Florida dates because they are less than an hour from the GA border and have a lot of open space for parking and seat more people than any stadium up in the area 

Anyone who don't believe me can ask @DarterBlue @Nolebull813 or @HawgGoneIt

They have all seen the stadium within the past 2 seasons

I will verify that the Columbia High School stadium is one of the best I have been to in Florida. Ample space for all regular season and playoff games excepting the Championship game. A large parking area. All around good environment. No, it does not compare to some of the facilities I have seen in Georgia, let alone a Texas. But by Florida standards, you would need a smaller college stadium to top Columbia. 

• Like 1

If this event is done right, it could make the Kell look like a Pop Warner tournament.  You have plenty of good teams that would travel to South Georgia, let alone Valdosta, to play on a national stage.  

Most on here don't look at Valdosta as a high school football Mecca but to the average coaches and players, Valdosta still holds that mystique of top team in the land when it comes to the epitome of coaching, buying into a program, discipline, and community pride.  

This could be a very cool event if its done right!!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sausmann9 said:

If this event is done right, it could make the Kell look like a Pop Warner tournament.  You have plenty of good teams that would travel to South Georgia, let alone Valdosta, to play on a national stage.  

Most on here don't look at Valdosta as a high school football Mecca but to the average coaches and players, Valdosta still holds that mystique of top team in the land when it comes to the epitome of coaching, buying into a program, discipline, and community pride.  

This could be a very cool event if its done right!!!

Off topic but what’s up with SJP, are they playing in spring? Are any of their kids transferring out

29 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

I will verify that the Columbia High School stadium is one of the best I have been to in Florida. Ample space for all regular season and playoff games excepting the Championship game. A large parking area. All around good environment. No, it does not compare to some of the facilities I have seen in Georgia, let alone a Texas. But by Florida standards, you would need a smaller college stadium to top Columbia. 

In addition they can always have people on the track area and if managed correctly you could add at least a thousand people in that plus they could bring in endzone bleachers and add a few hundred more that way

Probably could pull off around 9k people

10 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Off topic but what’s up with SJP, are they playing in spring? Are any of their kids transferring out

I just heard they, LaSalle Prep, and one other school will be starting their games this coming weekend.  They broke free from the Philly Catholic League which cancelled their season and SJP will be playing independent schedule from they said.  

The meeting took place yesterday during school but was covered in 5pm news.  Not sure of the schedule but SJP did say they are fully capable of using health guidelines to play their games.  

They will need teams/games to play I am sure since their league cancelled on the season.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sausmann9 said:

I just heard they, LaSalle Prep, and one other school will be starting their games this coming weekend.  They broke free from the Philly Catholic League which cancelled their season and SJP will be playing independent schedule from they said.  

The meeting took place yesterday during school but was covered in 5pm news.  Not sure of the schedule but SJP did say they are fully capable of using health guidelines to play their games.  

They will need teams/games to play I am sure since their league cancelled on the season.

They really need to let BNU teams and SJP play each other since we’re not playing for a state championship  

• Like 1