OT: CNN is ISIS... hilarious

concha

3 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Couldn't we also come to terms with that same philosophy as it pertains to the right wing propaganda though?

...the rank and file are usually much more primitive than we imagine. Propaganda must therefore always be essentially simple and repetitious. (Lock Her Up! Lock Her Up! Lock Her Up!) 

If we are going to be totally forthcoming and objective that is. 

Pretty neat though. Especially when we are using it only to aid and abed our agenda in the debate. :D

She actually committed crimes.

But that's just me nitpicking.

:D

2 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Believe me, I have similar thoughts often. About going totally off grid or whatever, where it seems these poison politics and the people pushing them can't have an effect on me or what I do, but, experience has taught me what you are running from always catches up. From the simplest little things to whatever else you could be running from, eventually it comes to roost.

I was more on about the propaganda being the same from both sides. It's interesting that folks on one side of the spectrum will stand and chant lock her up, then claim Russia, Russia, Russia is propaganda without ever the thought crossing their mind that the Lock her up stuff could be exactly the same damned thing. It's what happens when one becomes too invested in the propaganda. 

It's much better if a person can realize this to be true and come to terms with the possibility that none of it may be true at all. From either side. 

Russia Russia Russia is actually being pushed by much of our supposedly even-handed mainstream press.

Political parties will have their rallying points.

But the press? It's not even remotely subtle.

2 hours ago, Cat_Scratch said:

All in all, the USA is still the best place to live. Costa Rica has it's positives, but it is a third world country and you are at the mercy of it's government and the changing laws. Also there are ruthless gangs that stop buses and rob the passenger's. My surfing bro's were stopped and charged 20 American dollars by the police before we could continue down a road. Problem was that we didn't break any laws that we knew of and some of us spoke Spanish. The best we could figure was that it was a toll. Some of them Tiki girls are just plain hot... maybe a good place to find a wife if you're single and have more than average cash. 

"Ticas"

And they certainly are.

2 hours ago, Sportsnut said:

The President of the United States is no longer the Leader of the Free World. He has been or has done to himself, a demotion to second class. A loner he has made of this country. 

Blah blah blah

He's president for 7 1/2 more years.

Eat it.

Bon appetit.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, concha said:

The country as a whole is left-wing and partisan while claiming to be unbiased?

Well that's just great.

Not sure about claiming unbias but I think the main theme is inclusion and just giving a damn about other people.  Repubs do not unfortunately.  The Dems play in the same pond so I assume they are not exactly virtuous either but they do seem to care more about people.  Just looking at their recent health care Bill shows that.  

• Like 1

Just now, World Citizen said:

Not sure about claiming unbias but I think the main theme is inclusion and just giving a damn about other people.  Repubs do not unfortunately.  The Dems play in the same pond so I assume they are not exactly virtuous either but they do seem to care more about people.  Just looking at their recent health care Bill shows that.  

That's a pretty distorted view to say the least.

2 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

What the hell does any of that (true or untrue) have to do with unbiased, non-partisan reporting of news?  

The alphabet soup network and cable news is essentially now a propaganda arm of the DNC.

If Trump found a cure for cancer they'd skewer him for putting doctors out of work.

Just now, CCBlackhatter said:

That's a pretty distorted view to say the least.

What is?  My view of the Republican health care Bill?  Its literally the most heartless legislation ever.  They are transfering wealth ( a lot of it ) from the poor and middle class to the rich.  Your not saying that Repubs give a damn about the people are you?  

2 minutes ago, concha said:

What the hell does any of that (true or untrue) have to do with unbiased, non-partisan reporting of news?  

The alphabet soup network and cable news is essentially now a propaganda arm of the DNC.

If Trump found a cure for cancer they'd skewer him for putting doctors out of work.

To bad you won't see that come true because Trump isn't smart and he lies.  He alone can heal the world right?  Trump cures cancer he would get credit.  No shortage of sick people thanks to Trump but damn it, they no longer have health care and can't see a doctor.  So your right, Trump would  put doctors out of work.  Do you admire Trump or is it more of a hate for the left?  Or both?  

7 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

What is?  My view of the Republican health care Bill?  Its literally the most heartless legislation ever.  They are transfering wealth ( a lot of it ) from the poor and middle class to the rich.  Your not saying that Repubs give a damn about the people are you?  

Remember to renew your Occupy! membership, WC.

We'd hate for it to lapse for even a second.

2 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

To bad you won't see that come true because Trump isn't smart and he lies.  He alone can heal the world right? [I don't think any one man can, though Obama seemed to feel he could.] Trump cures cancer he would get credit. [Not from this Fourth Estate he wouldn't]  No shortage of sick people thanks to Trump but damn it, they no longer have health care and can't see a doctor. [Let's just ignore the soaring premiums and deductibles under the so-called ACA, the fact it was founded upon lies, the ever-decreasing choices, declining life expectancy...] So your right, Trump would  put doctors out of work. [No. There is a doctor shortage, in fact.] Do you admire Trump or is it more of a hate for the left? [I admire him calling bullshit and being politically incorrect about certain things that have needed it. In some other areas he doesn't thrill me. Much better than having Hillary no question. My dislike of the left is unwavering.] Or both?  

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

They just don't care about the people actually paying for healthcare...

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

To bad you won't see that come true because Trump isn't smart and he lies.  He alone can heal the world right?  Trump cures cancer he would get credit.  No shortage of sick people thanks to Trump but damn it, they no longer have health care and can't see a doctor.  So your right, Trump would  put doctors out of work.  Do you admire Trump or is it more of a hate for the left?  Or both?  

When it comes to lies, let's see: "if you like your health care plan, you can keep it."  Or how about saying Benghazi happened because of a Youtube video? In the process, they put an innocent man in jail.

As far as healthcare, it's not about healthcare, it's about expanding the size of government.  Healthcare, like global warming, women's rights, etc. is a means to an end.  

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/07/fake-news-ap-instructs-writers-avoid-words-like-pro-life-refugee-terrorist-video/

FAKE NEWS: AP Instructs Writers to Avoid Words Like ‘Pro-Life’, ‘Refugee’, and ‘Terrorist’ (VIDEO)

Carter Jul 11th, 2017 3:51 pm Leave a Comment

The Associated Press rolled out their 2017 “stylebook”; the stated goal is to provide a “universal” guideline for journalistic practices. Instead, it is an attempt to indefinitely marginalize conservative reporting.

The 2017 ‘stylebook’ tells writers to AVOID words like “pro-life”, “migrant”, “refugee”, “Islamist”, and “terrorist”. Opinion contributor for The Hill, Rachel Alexander, commented on “Fox & Friends” that this is “an attempt to promote language that liberals tend to favor”.

The ‘stylebook’ demands that writers use the term “anti-abortion” instead of “pro-life”, a clear slap in the face for those fighting for the lives of the unborn. Instead of “migrant” or “refugee”, one should instead use the phrase “people struggling to enter Europe”. Rather than say “terrorist” or “Islamist”, AP wants writers to sugarcoat things and say “militant”, “lone wolf”, or “attacker”.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, World Citizen said:

they can't see the obvious....and wait until the Trumpers see what "trickle-down 3.0" will look like.....as the fat cats get fatter..........

• Like 1

8 hours ago, World Citizen said:

Mr. Conservtard is like the rest of the neo-cons here....they're not 100% Trump....they're 110% anti-Hillary....they think they choose the best canidate because the last name wasn't Clinton.... and now we became an international joke and a dysfunctional country overnight....35% of the country will love Donny no matter how much he screws up and they can always blame the media when he does....it's the media fault Donny and crew can't get their act together and lie all the time....:$

6 hours ago, NorCalRuss said:

They just don't care about the people actually paying for healthcare...

Oh, but the people are going to pay for it. Collectively. And we can probably place the blame squarely on the Buchanan/Koch Libertarians which masquerade as today's Republicans. 

Thanks to them, a single payer system is on the horizon. Well, either that or...

Image result for god forbid face gif

Bipartisanship on repairing the ACA. 

8 hours ago, World Citizen said:

Republicans want dirty air, dirty water, want to take SS from grandma, want to throw grandma off a cliff, hate the little guy, tax cuts for the rich blah , blah, blah. Same old b.s. from the communist left for the past 100 years. Get some new materials please. We all know how all inclusive the looney left is?

• Like 1

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/jul/11/democrats-spread-false-russian-information-on-trum/

Democrats intentionally used disinformation from Russia to attack Trump, campaign aides

While the liberal news media hunts for evidence of Trump-Russia collusion, the public record shows that Democrats have willfully used Moscow disinformation to influence the presidential election against Donald Trump and attack his administration.

The disinformation came in the form of a Russian-fed dossier written by former British intelligence agent Christopher Steele. It contains a series of unverified criminal charges against Mr. Trump’s campaign aides, such as coordinating Moscow’s hacking of Democratic Party computers.

Some Democrats have widely circulated the discredited information. Mr. Steele was paid by the Democrat-funded opposition research firm Fusion GPS with money from a Hillary Clinton backer. Fusion GPS distributed the dossier among Democrats and journalists. The information fell into the hands of the FBI, which used it in part to investigate Mr. Trump’s campaign aides.

Mr. Steele makes clear that his unproven charges came almost exclusively from sources linked to the Kremlin and Russian President Vladimir Putin. He identified his sources as “a senior Russian Foreign Ministry figure,” a former “top level Russian intelligence officer active inside the Kremlin,” a “senior Kremlin official” and a “senior Russian government official.”

^^^ more straws??....keep grabbing....maybe you'll get lucky??.....Mr. Steele works for British intelligence...not Russia....so the info. was from the U.K....not mother Russia..his sources where from the mother land...

"Some Democrats have widely circulated the discredited information"....who is some??..no names?...anyone who worked for the campaign?

55 minutes ago, aZjimbo said:

Republicans want dirty air, dirty water, want to take SS from grandma, want to throw grandma off a cliff, hate the little guy, tax cuts for the rich blah , blah, blah. 

name just one thing out of your childlike rant that isn't true?

You forgot slash education too......wing nut want everyone dumb as you are, believe that..

• Like 1