Texas 6A preseason top 10

Horsefly

I really wonder what holds some teams back from traveling OOS. I'm referring to those affluent teams with resources, good booster clubs and pockets deep enough to be able to afford to do so. Teams like Southlake Carroll, Austin Westlake, Lake Travis, Highland Park, The Woodlands, Prosper, Colleyville Heritage, Coppell. Those teams are all from extremely wealthy parts of Texas and are very successful programs. 

Is it the coaches that don't want to? The school district?  I'm sure some wouldn't care for playing an OOS team and would rather much play a formidable opponent within their 20 miles radius, and they could very well have that expenditure go to something else like say, their athletic facilities. 

• Like 1

Just now, SeaShells21 said:

We get it.

Texas is overrated, doesn’t play defense, sucks.

Allen sucks, Duncanville sucks, Lake Travis sucks.

You are overdoing this whole, “Texas sucks” narrative.

It. Is. Annoying.

I will continue to tell the truth as long as Texas clowns continue to lie to prop up their fragile egos.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Atticus Finch said:

I will continue to tell the truth as long as Texas clowns continue to lie to prop up their fragile egos.

There is a difference between “knowing & lying” and “being uninformed” about what goes on outside of Texas.

The majority of Texans are unaware of what goes on outside of Texas, and most couldn’t care less what goes on outside of the state.

The fact that how we perceive our football bothers you so much to dedicate your life to tearing it down does nothing but shine a light on your own insecurities, whatever they may be.

Maybe it’s about your states football.

Or your own football team.

Or yourself.

🤷🏻‍♀️

If you actually made descent arguments and comments in reference to football instead of resorting to your favorite phrase, “*insert team here* sucks”, then just maybe someone would listen to you for once and actually take you seriously.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, WILKINSON said:

I really wonder what holds some teams back from traveling OOS. I'm referring to those affluent teams with resources, good booster clubs and pockets deep enough to be able to afford to do so. Teams like Southlake Carroll, Austin Westlake, Lake Travis, Highland Park, The Woodlands, Prosper, Colleyville Heritage, Coppell. Those teams are all from extremely wealthy parts of Texas and are very successful programs. 

Is it the coaches that don't want to? The school district?  I'm sure some wouldn't care for playing an OOS team and would rather much play a formidable opponent within their 20 miles radius, and they could very well have that expenditure go to something else like say, their athletic facilities. 

Good question. Especially since Southlake and Westlake could for sure get a quality OOS win this year. Don’t know anything enough the other teams, but I’m sure they’d do just fine as well. 

7 hours ago, SeaShells21 said:

The majority of Texans are unaware of what goes on outside of Texas, and most couldn’t care less what goes on outside of the state.

Yes and no.

They are indeed unaware but to say that they don't care is nonsense. They spend so much of their time on these boards telling people that Texas is the best and would crush (insert team).

That's a lot of tings but uncaring is not one of them.

The fact that how we perceive our football bothers you so much to dedicate your life to tearing it down does nothing but shine a light on your own insecurities, whatever they may be.

You presume it bothers me like a sore shoulder would bother me.

No.

I engage with the topics that are presented and Texas football superiority is presented a lot.

So, sorry that you find the pushback against their silly claims to be so annoying.

7 minutes ago, RedZone said:

They might might care, but not a lot.

The Duncanville/mater dei game hasn't made the Texas 6A Forum yet and that forum has 1000 members.......I'm sure it's somewhere there. Look for it. lol

https://www.6atexasfootball.com/forum/main-forum

The Louisiana High School Football forum, while not as big as the Texas forum......doesn't have the first thing on Louisiana OOS games this year.

https://louisianasportsline.proboards.com/board/1/football

People need to face the facts that the 25-30 people that post here are weird. 😄

• Like 1

If you actually made descent arguments and comments in reference to football instead of resorting to your favorite phrase, “*insert team here* sucks”, then just maybe someone would listen to you for once and actually take you seriously.

Yes, I've never made a "descent" argument here.

I have however made perfectly reasonable ones based on facts that aren't countered very much if at all by you and others.

Texas defenses sucking, in general, is only so obvious that it smacks you in the face every year.

Texas schedules sucking, in general, is the same. 

To say that I haven't supported those two claims is ridiculous and untrue.

25 minutes ago, RedZone said:

The Duncanville/mater dei game hasn't made the Texas 6A Forum yet and that forum has 1000 members.......I'm sure it's somewhere there. Look for it. lol

Could you imagine gardenstateliar peddling his shit on the Texas 6A Forum...talking some FLOTV which will carry 1000 private school games this year globally. 😃

Yeah, we are "Nationwide" here...

29 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Texas vs. the Nation.

First page.

https://www.6atexasfootball.com/forum/main-forum/601882-texas-vs-the-nation/page3

5 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

Like I said....there is caring and then there is caring.

77 responses.....

https://www.6atexasfootball.com/forum/main-forum/601882-texas-vs-the-nation

693 responses...same 12-15 people lol

11 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

That's *also* what they do.

So double whammy of silliness for those Texans.

Why do you care so much where they wave the state/team flag?....seems odd to me.

They choose to wave it at home instead of going to the national mall and making fools out themselves everyday....more power to them and the Louisiana people who never developed this OOS posting habit.....and, that's all it is. Just a habit in reality.