Winning State Championships Will Always Be #1.

RedZone

5 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

The pettiness displayed here is so stark.

I guarantee you that St. Thomas More in Connecticut is just as legit as the one in Louisiana.

Imagine thinking that *this* school isn't legit.

https://stmct.org/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Thomas_More_School_(Connecticut)

Joke football schedule.........what is that?

Shit> you don't know.

You just want some air time...

#stopthemadness

11 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Joke football schedule.........what is that?

Shit> you don't know.

You just want some air time...

#stopthemadness

What the hell is JV College football anyways?

I'm pretty sure it will register a 10 on the intensity meter though whatever it is......

Louie-Facepalm.gif

3 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

Imagine thinking that having a "joke" football schedule speaks to the legitimacy of the school.

Imagine thinking this is a Legit School DNA Testing Forum instead of a High School football forum.

Clown gonna Clown till he drops....

Don't let all this distract you from the fact that Al Bundy scored four touchdowns in a single game while playing for the Polk High School Panthers in the 1966 city championship game versus Andrew Johnson High School, including the game-winning touchdown in the final seconds against his old nemesis, "Spare Tire" Dixon.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I'd rather travel the country playing for elite privates like IMG, SFA, BS, LCA, CAI, STM, etc. rather than win an irrelevant,  insignificant State Chip in my home state of say ID, VT, ME, WY, NH, OR, NM, MT, etc. No comparison. 

Tell that to the kids in all those states that you dissed that work their asses off to play football, just like the kids that play at the academies. In some sense I have more respect for ID, MT and the like.

• Thanks 2
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Why is it stupid?

Most big time OOC College Games are home/home.

Cash poor high schools don't have the resources of big time universities.

So, one, the economics of home-and-home high school OOS games make no sense.

And, two, it's hard enough to find quality match-ups as is. Imagine being stuck with all these non-competitive games in the second year of deals.

See, Allen vs. Hoover.

I came out strongly opposed to the stupid 2-year deal that they signed 30 months ahead of time and I was 100% right. Allen won the first game easily and then cancelled the return game.

This is not even that hard to understand, really.

10 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

Cash poor high schools don't have the resources of big time universities.

So, one, the economics of home-and-home high school OOS games make no sense.

And, two, it's hard enough to find quality match-ups as is. Imagine being stuck with all these non-competitive games in the second year of deals.

See, Allen vs. Hoover.

I came out strongly opposed to the stupid 2-year deal that they signed 30 months ahead of time and I was 100% right. Allen won the first game easily and then cancelled the return game.

This is not even that hard to understand, really.

Let’s be real, when we’re talking about out of state games, we mean out of region games. In NOLA we’re a lot closer to a lot of Mississippi teams than we are teams in other corners of Louisiana.

you don’t have to be “cash rich” to come out equal on a home and home series if both schools have fans. Allen and Hoover sounds like it could have been pretty even of a matchup, and I’m sure a lot of others could be too

24 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

So, one, the economics of home-and-home high school OOS games make no sense

So, a team can travel the next year to a different state after playing a team in another state the previous year, but the economics of a home/home makes no sense....maybe you make NO sense.

Clown.......

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, chalmetteowl said:

Let’s be real, when we’re talking about out of state games, we mean out of region games. In NOLA we’re a lot closer to a lot of Mississippi teams than we are teams in other corners of Louisiana.

But a game that can reasonably be reached by bus shouldn't factor into this.

What we mean by big time OOS games are those where a team has to get on a plane.

14 minutes ago, chalmetteowl said:

you don’t have to be “cash rich” to come out equal on a home and home series if both schools have fans.

I'd say that the goal of most football programs is not to break even. They need to not only fund their own sport but a lot of the other sports in the athletic department.

11 minutes ago, RedZone said:

So, a team can travel the next year to a different state after playing a team in another state the previous year, but the economics of a home/home makes no sense....maybe you make NO sense.

ESPN/Paragon pay for a lot of the big time matchups (or some other sponsor).

A one-time, fully paid game is pretty easy to justify. A home-and-home with one game paid for and the second not is not justifiable.

People are just getting tired of you being a whiny little bitch who offers no arguments for anything. You, frankly, know so little about the business of high school football that your thoughts on it are meaningless.

18 minutes ago, chalmetteowl said:

you don’t have to be “cash rich” to come out equal on a home and home series if both schools have fans. Allen and Hoover sounds like it could have been pretty even of a matchup, and I’m sure a lot of others could be too

Allen refused a return game.  Thompson the best team in the state right now will not play out of state and only a few times in the teams 90 year history has traveled over 2 hours away.