It was all about The Stache

The Stache

8 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

apologies to @Eddyr2 for saying that St. Paul was unbeaten vs. Mater Dei  for 16 straight years.  The correct # of years was (15) fifteen.

http://www.materdei.org/football/html/monarch-history/year-by-year-game-scores/1981.html

See @ECHS05 how easy it is to apologize?  You can apologize for mis leading (lying) everyone about the IMG holding call now.

Then you should have no problem apologizing for being a massive dick when I called you out for saying MD rolled over (or similar) IMG.

And then foaming at the mouth while falsely accusing me af actually wanting IMG to win.

So, apology accepted.  I knew you were better than that.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Wosinc said:

Then you should have no problem apologizing for being a massive dick when I called you out for saying MD rolled over (or similar) IMG.

And then foaming at the mouth while falsely accusing me af actually wanting IMG to win.

So, apology accepted.  I knew you were better than that.

What are you even talking about ? When did that happen, Dr. Ford?

On 9/22/2018 at 3:28 AM, Sammyswordsman said:

East coast peeps waking up in disbelief as mighty Florida based Titan IMG runs outta gas in the 4th Qtr. As Trinity League  playoff contender Mater Dei silences the critics thundering to a convincing 28-24 victory.

in a game featuring two solid Tier 1 programs, even the casual viewer could see the wide separation in talent compared to  local town based teams such as Allen, and Colerain.  Even private academies as SJC, SFA, and STA would be hard pressed to stay within  14 points of these two.

There is little doubt that IMG will roll their remaining opponents, but there's is substantial doubt if Mater Dei can even win their own league.

Trinity League is not for the faint of heart.  

trinity league 8.jpg

On 9/22/2018 at 8:31 AM, Wosinc said:

Come on, don’t try to make this something it wasn’t, namely an East-West grudge match.

Thundering to a convincing victory? Really?  More like squeaking by in a nailbiter.

And there’s little-to-no doubt that MD wins Trinity.

Your second paragraph is about the only thing in this post that isn’t questionable.

And where were you the whole game?  Heart in your mouth much?

On 9/22/2018 at 10:19 AM, Sammyswordsman said:

Not an east coast grudge match?

95% of the easy time zone guys here posted in favor of IMG to win (even though they picked Stache in the pickem)

Proving their hearts were on a different place than their heads 

Had IMG won, we would be reading posts questioning MD #OIAG team, and saying MD didn’t play anyone I.e a Florida team

On 9/22/2018 at 3:47 PM, Wosinc said:

Not buying this.  When did MD go from being the son of OIAG to ISB West?

I followed the whole thread last night, and didn’t see anyone shilling for IMG, much less 90%.  Several guys commented on how big and how good they are, and opined that they might win the game, but I saw no one out-and-out say they hoped IMG would win because East Coast.  That’s just nonsense.

This is basically trying to recast the game as a geographical grudge match.  I call BS.  Ever since IMG came on the HS football scene, the overwhelming sentiment ( except for a few actual IMG fans), has been that they are bad for the sport, steal players, shouldn’t be competing with “real” high schools, etc.  What changed?

I don’t even want to get into who recruits better or more; that’s just a waste of time.

What is puzzling is why are Sandman Sammy and the rest of the West coast guys are trying to stir the pot by turning this into a holy war between the coasts?  Pun intended.

Is this perhaps some sort of West coast insecurity coming out of hiding?

Full disclosure: I picked MD in pick’em because I thought the game was a tossup and I wanted MD To win.

I have been waiting for years to see IMG legitimately get bumped off, as I believe have the majority of posters on the board, based in what I read.

So, to recap, unless you can show me actual proof of East coast badmouthing or rooting against MD I stand by my original post.  You’re just making shit up.

On 9/22/2018 at 3:52 PM, Sammyswordsman said:

OH come on.  We weren't born yesterday.  Even the guy video posting the filming of the game via his TV set was openly rooting for IMG.

You guys were licking your chops to get a sucker punch on the Stache last night, and were denied.  

Even @Gardensateballer is now tryna downplay the MD win, and gerrymander a way for SJC to win the MNC which should rightly reside out west again.

1 hour ago, Sammyswordsman said:

What are you even talking about ? When did that happen, Dr. Ford?

Here.  Here is where it happened.

55 minutes ago, Wosinc said:

Here.  Here is where it happened.

I said 95% of the east coast time zone guys wanted IMG to win for East coast bragging rights.  May'be you weren't in the 95%, but judging how you are still butthurt over IMG losing, the public will have their doubts.

Also, I said MD was "thundering" to a victory over IMG. By definition that means "extremely great, severe or impressive.

As if stopping IMG 39 game winning streak dating back to 2014 was not impressive.

thun·der·ing
[ˈTHənd(ə)riNG]
ADJECTIVE
  1. making a resounding, loud, deep noise.
    "thundering waterfalls"
    • informal
      extremely great, severe, or impressive.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
1 hour ago, The Stache said:

Just wanted to let everyone know I appreciate the special Happy Birthday wishes.  Starting Monday we start watching film on SJC and SJB.  We aren't really worried about anyone else. 

#DillyDilly

#GoFox

#3Peat

stache10.jpg

Yes of course.  Cen10 and Cen10 lite (AZ) should be mere formalities, but that St. Francis team just won’t lose.  Is it true the Weather Channel has predicted unusually north trending hurricanes for late summer?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • dntn31 changed the title to It was all about The Stache