GOW: No. 3 SJB, 3 vs. No. 5 STA, 9 F OT

PrepGridiron

Who Will Win?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins when SJB travels to STA on 8/25.

• St. John Bosco Braves
    • St. Thomas Aquinas Raiders
    • S. Florida Rain

Just now, steeler01 said:

That changes the game. Do you understand that now everything is played in a box?

yea i understand that. but its not like its all running. it wont be that tight of a box. will you have a safety 25 yards off the LOS probably not. But its not gonna be that tight of a box that nobody can move

Just now, ATLien12x said:

So what you're saying is tonight's game is tainted , we shouldn't even watch, and he loser has an automatic rematch clause?

how disappointing for the national *GOTW*. LOLOL

If it's played in a down pour, hell no it's not the game of the week.

Bishop Gorman- Dematha moves to the top

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

yea i understand that. but its not like its all running. it wont be that tight of a box. will you have a safety 25 yards off the LOS probably not. But its not gonna be that tight of a box that nobody can move

It will be run, run, run run run, bubble screen, slant, HB screen etc.......

Yes it will be.

17 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

So what you're saying is tonight's game is tainted , we shouldn't even watch, and he loser has an automatic rematch clause?

how disappointing for the national *GOTW*. LOLOL

I dont think hes saying that.

Jesus dude...

It sucks because the players cant completely just let loose now. They have to be more careful not to slip... not make as many downfield passes... etc. 

It sucks. 

It does change the game aka taint it. Because we arent seeing what they can really do. Which, as a fan, is what I want and you should too.

2 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

I dont think hes saying that.

Jesus dude...

It sucks because the players cant completely just let loose now. They have to be more careful not to slip... not make as many downfield passes... etc. 

It sucks. 

It does change the game aka taint it. Because we arent seeing what they can really do. Which, as a fan, is what I want and you should too.

Exactly

The bold part sucks the most when playing in rain

16 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Yeah I mean it's nicer to play in controlled climate. I'm not arguing that and if STA had a dome, they'd play in it, but tons of HSFB teams play in bad conditions all season long and it goes does as a result. No one checks the weather report, only the boxscore  

Right. Obviously nobody needs to be told that it would be better without bad weather.....that's common sense...a game is going to be played, and the rain will affect both teams equally, negating any unfairness. Presumptions of what could have been under different circumstances mean nothing after the game....all that matters is who was better in the conditions played in.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ATLien12x said:

I didn't remember you as Snowflakey before. We want to see the best teams play each other rain or shine. Whining about weather is for the women

Weather doesn't affect this game. Both teams are dealing with the weather. The best group will wino 

Anytime a game is played in rain,  you hear me say the same thing. 

3 minutes ago, Coletrain06 said:

Right. Obviously nobody needs to be told that it would be better without bad weather.....that's common sense...a game is going to be played, and the rain will affect both teams equally, negating any unfairness. Presumptions of what could have been under different circumstances mean nothing after the game....all that matters is who was better in the conditions played in.

Bingo. The best team on August 25th will not be disputed in six hours 

Just now, ATLien12x said:

Doesn't CHANGE the outcome. That's what I should've said. The better team will win

we are not letting this excuse continue for years 

again not true. im not making excuse for the team that losses but the rain will make things very even. and so you cant really say the better team will win

Just now, HSFBfan said:

again not true. im not making excuse for the team that losses but the rain will make things very even. and so you cant really say the better team will win

How do you know the weather doesn't  limit one over the other more? 

It doesn't even anything out, it just ruins the game

5 minutes ago, PrepGridiron said:

IMO, bad weather favors STA. SJB is the better team at stretching the field vertically and horizontally. They use open space better and use it to supplement the downhill running game. 

I think it hurts Real in the scrambling game(No quick stops and moves to elude the D- line), but STA  depends on big plays on offense.  I think it'll be the team that doesn't make the key turnover that wins. In this weather there might be a lot of them too