GOW: No. 3 SJB, 3 vs. No. 5 STA, 9 F OT

PrepGridiron

Who Will Win?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins when SJB travels to STA on 8/25.

• St. John Bosco Braves
    • St. Thomas Aquinas Raiders
    • S. Florida Rain

The highly anticipated game between two of the best programs in the country is set for this Friday. Who do you got? Who will win the line of scrimmage? How will new STA QB, Curt Casteel, fair in his first start? How will the heat and humidity affect the Braves? What are the keys to the game? 

Rankings from PrepGridiron.com Reader Poll as of 8/23/17.

33 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

Re-Al will be the difference.  You can not game plan for him on the high school level.  

Justin Thomas 2011 Prattville type?   He wasn't 100 pct and still ran well vs STA.  As you said, hard to game plan for a guy with wheels like that.  He might "Lescano"  some 3rd down conversions with his legs. 

Thomas was  cut by the Saints and just recently the Rams at WR btw.  Started at Georgia Tech a few years at QB I think.  

These schools are almost clones.  Plus 10 1/2 at home is hard to pass up.   But if STA can't run the ball effectively,  they are going to need a superb effort with Casteel's first varsity start.  An efficient run game will take some pressure off.  A weak one could spell trouble.  

Obviously I'm hoping Casteel plays more like Lescano than Rizzo for OOS performance.   Looking fwd to it and hopefully can meet some forum members at the game.   

3 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

He might "Lescano"  some 3rd down conversions with his legs. 

Obviously I'm hoping Casteel plays more like Lescano than Rizzo for OOS performance.      

1) excellent effort at verb creation -- I support 

2). What's wrong with Rizzo?  he was un-tackleable, as if a ghost

6 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Justin Thomas 2011 Prattville type?   He wasn't 100 pct and still ran well vs STA.  As you said, hard to game plan for a guy with wheels like that.  He might "Lescano"  some 3rd down conversions with his legs. 

Thomas was  cut by the Saints and just recently the Rams at WR btw.  Started at Georgia Tech a few years at QB I think.  

These schools are almost clones.  Plus 10 1/2 at home is hard to pass up.   But if STA can't run the ball effectively,  they are going to need a superb effort with Casteel's first varsity start.  An efficient run game will take some pressure off.  A weak one could spell trouble.  

Obviously I'm hoping Casteel plays more like Lescano than Rizzo for OOS performance.   Looking fwd to it and hopefully can meet some forum members at the game.   

Re-al is a better passer with better threats out wide which makes it that much tougher to defend.  I agree with the comparison.  

1 minute ago, nptb17 said:

Re-al is a better passer with better threats out wide which makes it that much tougher to defend.  I agree with the comparison.  

Yep, plus Prattville's O scheme was pretty basic.   SJB can do plenty more and still have him exit stage left (an old cartoon character comment) to move the chains.  STA D will surely test him as well.   I wouldn't be surprised to see the young gunslinger from SJB getting in there and taking reps also.  

3 hours ago, PrepGridiron said:

The highly anticipated game between two of the best programs in the country is set for this Friday. Who do you got? Who will win the line of scrimmage? How will new STA QB, Curt Casteel, fair in his first start? How will the heat and humidity affect the Braves? What are the keys to the game? 

WHAT makes these teams a PROGRAM? The ability to recruit the shit outta the universe?xD