GOW: No. 3 SJB, 3 vs. No. 5 STA, 9 F OT

PrepGridiron

Who Will Win?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins when SJB travels to STA on 8/25.

• St. John Bosco Braves
    • St. Thomas Aquinas Raiders
    • S. Florida Rain

54 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Fucking clouds are just stalled now.  Still hours away but not looking good.  Temp is way down also.   Hopefully during 7 - 10 pm there will be light to no rain with some clouds movement.  Wind should be minimal unless a thunderstorm spools up.

Might be fed by the edge of the Gulf storm/hurricane.

22 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

Can they move game tomorrow ? What's forecast for Saturday night ? 

Sjb has the $ for one more night stay :) 

No, espn has the time for today. Tomorrow is Mayweather fight. Flights will change.  No one will watch. Bad for all parties.  Needs to happen tonight. 

Football is played in the rain, it happens. This game will be won by the better team. We are gonna leave all weather excuses in Sammys file Sunday morning 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, ATLien12x said:

No, espn has the time for today. Tomorrow is Mayweather fight. Flights will change.  No one will watch. Bad for all parties.  Needs to happen tonight. 

Football is played in the rain, it happens. This game will be won by the better team. We are gonna leave all weather excuses in Sammys file Sunday morning 

whose got the better running game between STA and SJB

16 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Guys this is S Florida. It literally storms there every single day. It'll pass. And they'll play. 

There is a ZERO PERCENT chance this game doesn't get played. 

Playing in rain changes the game completely. 

Like steeler said... it takes away from the game 

Move the venue to a Dome!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gospeeder said:

Might be fed by the edge of the Gulf storm/hurricane.

Indeed... probably the main reason this sucker is stalled around us.   It is a dumb move to do FL in August, but STA hasn't had an OOS home game since 2012, so I'm sure if offered SJB August 25th... kind of hard to say no.   

4 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Playing in rain changes the game completely. 

Like steeler said... it takes away from the game 

Move the venue to a Dome!

Changes the game? So what. Adapt. So do we only crown SUNNY national champions? 

We're here to watch the best teams. ADAPT. Don't cry like a bitch about the weather while the other team streaks down the sideline. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

We're here to watch the best teams. ADAPT. Don't cry like a bitch about the weather while the other team streaks down the sideline. 

if you notice they do SB and such in a dome to make sure weather doesnt affect the game as much as i hate it. I agree with you tho you have to adapt

Just now, HSFBfan said:

if you notice they do SB and such in a dome to make sure weather doesnt affect the game as much as i hate it. I agree with you tho you have to adapt

Yeah I mean it's nicer to play in controlled climate. I'm not arguing that and if STA had a dome, they'd play in it, but tons of HSFB teams play in bad conditions all season long and it goes does as a result. No one checks the weather report, only the boxscore  

2 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Yeah I mean it's nicer to play in controlled climate. I'm not arguing that and if STA had a dome, they'd play in it, but tons of HSFB teams play in bad conditions all season long and it goes does as a result. No one checks the weather report, only the boxscore  

i agree with you

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Bad weather makes it almost impossible to throw the ball. It's equivalent to making two fighters fight with one hand.

You don't know who the better team is, just who is better in that weather. 

Just now, steeler01 said:

Bad weather makes it almost impossible to throw the ball. It's equivalent to making two fighters fight with one hand.

it makes it harder to throw the ball 30 yards down field. you can still throw 10 yards. esp since im sure they will have multiple balls and will try to keep them as dry as possible

5 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

And nobody cares about those teams aside from their immediate towns usually.

2 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

You don't know who the better team is, just who is better in that weather. 

So what you're saying is tonight's game is tainted , we shouldn't even watch, and he loser has an automatic rematch clause?

how disappointing for the national *GOTW*. LOLOL