No Sandbagging; Vista Murrieta ranked No. 3

PrepGridiron

2 hours ago, maxchoboian said:

Do you know what the Inland Empire is? It's not all of CA; it's not all of SoCal, either. It's a subset of subset.

1 hour ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Most of the land is uninhabitable.  Mountains, Mojave desert.  Lot of trailers and double wides.

We used to own land out there. It had two houses on it, but only one was habitable, and then only barely. The land was good for manufacturing meth, burying money, and stockpiling weapons. That was back in the mid 80s and early 90s. There was a Mad Max feel to the place, especially when we were running from the cops. They eventually caught my father in a rental van that had a governor on it. He claims that he would have gotten away except for that governor. He spent a few a years locked up, and we lost the land. 

But until Cen10 came on the scene, it wasn't much known for its HSFB.

Even now, when I think of the IE, I don't think about HSFB. But maybe that's just a fact about me, grounded in my own personal biography. 

9 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

Even now, when I think of the IE, I don't think about HSFB. But maybe that's just a fact about me, grounded in my own personal biography. 

I beg to differ. The Fontana Steelers were No. 3 in the nation in 1987 (just 18 spots, btw, ahead of everyone's favorite Monte Vista Mustangs)

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

We used to own land out there. It had two houses on it, but only one was habitable, and then only barely. The land was good for manufacturing meth, burying money, and stockpiling weapons. That was back in the mid 80s and early 90s. There was a Mad Max feel to the place, especially when we were running from the cops. They eventually caught my father in a rental van that had a governor on it. He claims that he would have gotten away except for that governor. He spent a few a years locked up, and we lost the land. 

They wanted to film the Breaking Bad series in the IE but the libs running Cali wanted to tax the hell out of the producers.  That's how it ended up in Albuquerque.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bestcoast said:

They wanted to film the Breaking Bad series in the IE but the libs running Cali wanted to tax the hell out of the producers.  That's how it ended up in Albuquerque.

And everything ELSE worth viewing, is shot in GEORGIA!(The Walking Dead, Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil, DELIVERANCE, Gone with the Wind, and FORREST, FORREST GUMP!

3 hours ago, FootballGuy said:

I see where you comin from. However, when you have MF on here talkin about how Georgia HSFB sucks and how they're barely a top 10 football state, Colquitt being a top 3 7A team shouldn't matter. Hell, with their logic, VM should win this game when they say shit like that. 

If only our lil team wasn't a year aWAAAY from maturation!:( Did anybody bring up the fact that top twenty five in a state of FORTY MILLION, ain't TOO bad!

1 hour ago, steeler01 said:

That paper isnt even ranking the entire IE, just some of it(Rancho Cucamonga is excluded)

1 hour ago, PrepGridiron said:

I was wondering that...but then I assumed it was a conspiracy.

1 hour ago, Ararar said:

So is Upland

The plot thickens.

GA HSFB has a shill in SoCal.

Clever move ranking VM 3rd in the "Inland Empire".

5 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

Are you saying that Fontana was the Cen10 of the 1980s?

Pretty much. You can ask Steeler. Under Dick Bruich, they were the squad. They brought a rabid fan base and nobody wanted a piece of them. Eisenhower was then the top dog for a while and for the last 12-15 years it's been cent10

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FootballGuy said:

They don't care about VM. If it ain't MD, SJB, DLS, or Cen10, then they'll write em off. 

This is a national site that talks about top teams.

If you want to talk about your middle of the road teams, go to your state site.

As you saw in December,  you know why people on here shouldn't talk up teams similar to Valdosta.

10 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

93, the 91 team lost in the finals

The 1991 La Grange Rangers stayed ranked all season then had one of the toughest playoff gauntlets in GA History.  

Back then it wasnt #4 vs #1 it was best vs best.. 

Rd 1 was battle for the #1 seed in Region 7. 

La Grange 34 Riverdale 0 

Rd 2 La Grange 33  #5 in state 11-0 Statesboro 20 

RD 3 La Grange 31 nationally ranked Mceachern 14 

RD 4 #2 La Grange  6 top 5 Valdosta 0 

Finals #1 La Grange 17  Colquitt 16