Official game day drink thread

Coletrain06

58 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

Yep @FreeBirdi sure don’t got that @HurricaneNickF you money. His meal/drink combo spread might have been just a little better, not sure 🤔 though. 😂

72D45837-3948-49B3-AA14-F72C7D7F4AD7.jpeg

Let’s quit pretending that plane ticket prices aren’t ridiculous right now! If you’re flying right now you got F U money! 😂 @FreeBird is driving the latticed up rig around the tri state area collecting precious metals to build his own plane. 

CE47B890-8451-4F93-825D-1B37EBEB66F1.jpeg

• Haha 5

Tried Sweetwater 420 Imperial IPA yesterday.  It's 9.1 ABV but it has a decent taste without the after attack.  I will say this...it don't take many to get you singing the UGA Fight Song...whether people wanna hear it or not...LOL.

I'm up in Rock Hill SC...so people normally don't wanna hear it...

Rufus>>

• Like 5

15 hours ago, Fred said:

You do realize that Southwest is not exactly known for their 5 star Michelin cuisine don't you?

Yeah an hour and 25 minute flight on Southwest, I wasn’t sure if I was going to get the lobster or the porterhouse on that flight?😂

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/cp/mapped-beer-consumption-in-the-u-s/

Just thought there was a lot of interesting information in here. Like the number of breweries in each state and etc. 

Pretty interesting read. Damn Mississippi, shit at every quality of living metric, even carrying over for the beer too 😂.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

Yeah an hour and 25 minute flight on Southwest, I wasn’t sure if I was going to get the lobster or the porterhouse on that flight?😂

It beats Frontier airlines entertainment of the person couple seats down trying to jerk off under his sweatshirt, some shit straight out of the amber heard case 😂 

• Haha 3

19 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

Let’s quit pretending that plane ticket prices aren’t ridiculous right now! If you’re flying right now you got F U money! 😂 @FreeBird is driving the latticed up rig around the tri state area collecting precious metals to build his own plane. 

CE47B890-8451-4F93-825D-1B37EBEB66F1.jpeg

@Cossacks Y’all laughing now,  ima be laughing last when your currency is worthless and the country is being run on Dodgecoin and Computer chips

@elonmusk I got what you need

4395FFED-BBB2-4B7C-AD31-0E31A8A2665F.jpeg

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Cossacks said:

Pretty interesting read. Damn Mississippi, shit at every quality of living metric, even carrying over for the beer too 😂.

California leading with sheer numbers of breweries, including as we all know, some of the best there are. Florida second with around half that number. 

Myself, living in Georgia, have to drive pretty far distances to go to multiple breweries in a day. Generally I'd call most of my brewery trips here in state, day trips. You can potentially get to three or four in one day (considering an hour inside at each) successfully from where I live if you're pacing your drinking accordingly. 

When we did our Worlds End Pub Crawl in Pensacola, we hit five within walking distance of one another. (There was more than that but we had a specific list we intended to visit for that trip, due to the movie we were "imitating.")

The Ale Trail hike we took in Jacksonville put us at 7 inside a fairly close proximity. Maybe not "walking distance" for the average visitor, but, noticeably a lot of breweries inside of these cities. Jacksonville even has a "passport" book that you get stamped at each brewery and as you reach certain milestones the city chamber of commerce gives specially designed gifts when you bring them your passport and show you've reached those milestones. Can't remember all the different gifts but they get progressively bigger as you progress. Simple stuff like a can coozie or bottle opener early up to tee shirts or caps higher up in the numbers and as the chamber lady told us "a very special gift" for those who get all the stamps. We did learn that at least one brewery in the passport book fell by the wayside so you can't get that stamp. Hopefully that isn't a technicality to keep you from the "special gift." I got my stamps at every stop so far. 

Anyway, I usually do honestly center travel around breweries. Lol. Kind of a cool way to get the vibe of an area and see a pretty good cross section of the people of a community. If I go to some town or city somewhere for anything I'm almost always gonna find a brewery if they have one. Almost always cool people at breweries. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

California leading with sheer numbers of breweries, including as we all know, some of the best there are. Florida second with around half that number. 

Myself, living in Georgia, have to drive pretty far distances to go to multiple breweries in a day. Generally I'd call most of my brewery trips here in state, day trips. You can potentially get to three or four in one day (considering an hour inside at each) successfully from where I live if you're pacing your drinking accordingly. 

When we did our Worlds End Pub Crawl in Pensacola, we hit five within walking distance of one another. (There was more than that but we had a specific list we intended to visit for that trip, due to the movie we were "imitating.")

The Ale Trail hike we took in Jacksonville put us at 7 inside a fairly close proximity. Maybe not "walking distance" for the average visitor, but, noticeably a lot of breweries inside of these cities. Jacksonville even has a "passport" book that you get stamped at each brewery and as you reach certain milestones the city chamber of commerce gives specially designed gifts when you bring them your passport and show you've reached those milestones. Can't remember all the different gifts but they get progressively bigger as you progress. Simple stuff like a can coozie or bottle opener early up to tee shirts or caps higher up in the numbers and as the chamber lady told us "a very special gift" for those who get all the stamps. We did learn that at least one brewery in the passport book fell by the wayside so you can't get that stamp. Hopefully that isn't a technicality to keep you from the "special gift." I got my stamps at every stop so far. 

Anyway, I usually do honestly center travel around breweries. Lol. Kind of a cool way to get the vibe of an area and see a pretty good cross section of the people of a community. If I go to some town or city somewhere for anything I'm almost always gonna find a brewery if they have one. Almost always cool people at breweries. 

I will honestly make sure I try and hit a brewery whenever I’m in a new city. I will often also hit a local dive bar as well. But I usually will get a better feel for the city and the beer/drinking scene just talking to the locals.

Conversely I’ve met a shit ton of cool people at local breweries from out of town who want to experience the same. By far Russian River is in a league of its own for that,  it’s amazing how many people I’ve met from the US and abroad who will be staying in The City and said they wanted to make the drive just to get a beer there. But it’s always a cool vibe and have met some really nice people. Often they will say they’ve hit multiple places in the area and tell me don’t take it for granted because I’m kinda spoiled. Honestly probably have taken it for granted over the years, but the last couple of really come to appreciate it.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

Tried Sweetwater 420 Imperial IPA yesterday.  It's 9.1 ABV but it has a decent taste without the after attack.  I will say this...it don't take many to get you singing the UGA Fight Song...whether people wanna hear it or not...LOL.

I'm up in Rock Hill SC...so people normally don't wanna hear it...

Rufus>>

Well the good thing for those put off by it, they really only have to hear it with any meaning every 42 years 😂.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Cossacks said:

Unless there is some compelling reason, that's right at driving distance.

3 hours ago, Fred said:

Unless there is some compelling reason, that's right at driving distance.

12 hour drive. No thanks, made that enough times. $59 there and $64 back. Yeah my truck would make it to the Grapevine and it would be $100 in gas with 2 more top offs. And that’s just one way. 😂

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Cossacks said:

So when I flew to Colorado shit was like 4 and half hours , I paid for the front row window seat and when Everyone boarded and everyone was quiet the attendant singled me out and asked if I was willing to give up my seat for a disabled person and his dog,  fucking  put me in the hot seat cause I wanted that window seat cause it was first time flying, so I thought it was for someone actually disabled or a veteran and dog so I gave up my seat they put me in the middle of plane aisle seat, long story short , it sucked , they didn’t reimburse me for the front row seat I paid extra and they charged me $5 for a 25 cent bag of chips and a Dixie cup of ginger Ale , person I gave up seat for was this middle age lady with “anxiety” and her Mutt 🐶 

frontier airlines makes Spirit look like Delta airlines 

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, FreeBird said:

So when I flew to Colorado shit was like 4 and half hours , I paid for the front row window seat and when Everyone boarded and everyone was quiet the attendant singled me out and asked if I was willing to give up my seat for a disabled person and his dog,  fucking  put me in the hot seat cause I wanted that window seat cause it was first time flying, so I thought it was for someone actually disabled or a veteran and dog so I gave up my seat they put me in the middle of plane aisle seat, long story short , it sucked , they didn’t reimburse me for the front row seat I paid extra and they charged me $5 for a 25 cent bag of chips and a Dixie cup of ginger Ale , person I gave up seat for was this middle age lady with “anxiety” and her Mutt 🐶 

frontier airlines makes Spirit look like Delta airlines 

I dunno, Im not a frequent flier, but I've flown Delta, Allegiant, and Frontier in the last couple years, and thought all are pretty much equal. Delta definitely nicer with ability to watch movies, etc. But seat comfort/proximity to other peple was all the same.

But honestly for me...a plane is just transportation. If i can find the cheapest flight, sign me up. I dont need all the luxuries. I can semi understand luxuries on longer flights, but with shorter flights, the flight is usually landed before i even notice. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Coletrain06 said:

I dunno, Im not a frequent flier, but I've flown Delta, Allegiant, and Frontier in the last couple years, and thought all are pretty much equal. Delta definitely nicer with ability to watch movies, etc. But seat comfort/proximity to other peple was all the same.

But honestly for me...a plane is just transportation. If i can find the cheapest flight, sign me up. I dont need all the luxuries. I can semi understand luxuries on longer flights, but with shorter flights, the flight is usually landed before i even notice. 

Exactly the way I feel. Short flight, I could care less. Actually when flying to LA (about 50 minutes) or San Diego/Phoenix (1:20-1:30) always curious why would you bother to fly first class for that 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

Another nerdy read about another new fad in beer that I haven't seen in my area yet. We're always last. Especially since we got the new girl running the brewery. She tries though. I'm pulling for her. 

Cold IPAs? Any West Coast guys had one of these yet? Supposed to be pretty different and surprisingly good. Massachusetts has jumped on board. Maybe I'll see some by 2025. Hahaha

https://www.boston.com/food/beer/2022/04/29/what-is-a-cold-ipa-untold-brewing/?amp=1

14 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Another nerdy read about another new fad in beer that I haven't seen in my area yet. We're always last. Especially since we got the new girl running the brewery. She tries though. I'm pulling for her. 

Cold IPAs? Any West Coast guys had one of these yet? Supposed to be pretty different and surprisingly good. Massachusetts has jumped on board. Maybe I'll see some by 2025. Hahaha

https://www.boston.com/food/beer/2022/04/29/what-is-a-cold-ipa-untold-brewing/?amp=1

Yes I have tried the Acapulco Gold from Alavardo Street, which is a Cold IPA. Personally I liked it because I’m more of a fan of Lagers than IPA’s, but wasn’t anything great to me. My friends that really like IPA’s said they like traditional IPA’s better and think this will be a passing fad? 

I have never tried the Fort Point one, “Cool”.  I’ve seen it the at the store the last few years and for some reason haven’t pulled the trigger. Probably cause I really like Fort Point KSA Kolsch and am really kinda simple and dumb and a creature of habit 😂.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

Yes I have tried the Acapulco Gold from Alavardo Street, which is a Cold IPA. Personally I liked it because I’m more of a fan of Lagers than IPA’s, but wasn’t anything great to me. My friends that really like IPA’s said they like traditional IPA’s better and think this will be a passing fad? 

I have never tried the Fort Point one, “Cool”.  I’ve seen it the at the store the last few years and for some reason haven’t pulled the trigger. Probably cause I really like Fort Point KSA Kolsch and am really kinda simple and dumb and a creature of habit 😂.

I always liked lagers more but in the recent few years have decided that I like IPAs also. Seems like a perfect marriage to me. 

Idk. I thought adding lactose to beer would be a fad as well. I guess the nitro brews have kind of passed. Saw a few at one brewery in Jacksonville, but, haven't seen any most anywhere else of late. 

Hopefully I get a chance to try a cold IPA before the fad passes. Hahaha