Official game day drink thread

Coletrain06

2 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Another nerdy read about another new fad in beer that I haven't seen in my area yet. We're always last. Especially since we got the new girl running the brewery. She tries though. I'm pulling for her. 

Cold IPAs? Any West Coast guys had one of these yet? Supposed to be pretty different and surprisingly good. Massachusetts has jumped on board. Maybe I'll see some by 2025. Hahaha

https://www.boston.com/food/beer/2022/04/29/what-is-a-cold-ipa-untold-brewing/?amp=1

2 hours ago, Cossacks said:

Yes I have tried the Acapulco Gold from Alavardo Street, which is a Cold IPA. Personally I liked it because I’m more of a fan of Lagers than IPA’s, but wasn’t anything great to me. My friends that really like IPA’s said they like traditional IPA’s better and think this will be a passing fad? 

I have never tried the Fort Point one, “Cool”.  I’ve seen it the at the store the last few years and for some reason haven’t pulled the trigger. Probably cause I really like Fort Point KSA Kolsch and am really kinda simple and dumb and a creature of habit 😂.

I had a couple of these From Side Gate Brewing which is a New Brewery in Concord, CA…. I thought Both were Really good!….

Like @Cossacks says they are just like a Pilsner or Lager on the Finish so while I likes them, I wouldn’t go back for It. I like my West Coast IPA’’s…. 🤣

I was talking to the Brewer and he was saying they are expecting the Cold IPA to be the next big thing and one of the ones I had was going to be in a National Beer competition for them….

I don’t think they will stick…. IPA Drinkers won’t switch to these because of the Finish…. 🍻

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

I had a couple of these From Side Gate Brewing which is a New Brewery in Concord, CA…. I thought Both were Really good!….

Like @Cossacks says they are just like a Pilsner or Lager on the Finish so while I likes them, I wouldn’t go back for It. I like my West Coast IPA’’s…. 🤣

I was talking to the Brewer and he was saying they are expecting the Cold IPA to be the next big thing and one of the ones I had was going to be in a National Beer competition for them….

I don’t think they will stick…. IPA Drinkers won’t switch to these because of the Finish…. 🍻

Pretty funny and spot on. You’re a west coast IPA fan and so our my buddies. They like beer obviously, but they want that hoppy/pine/citrus true IPA all the way through just like you do. 

I’m a true lager/wheat fan. And yes I absolutely love great IPA’s but if not my first reach (unless I’m at Russian River). So I’d probably not opt for a Cold IPA.  I think true IPA fans won’t either long term and that’s why I think it will be a fad.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

Pretty funny and spot on. You’re a west coast IPA fan and so our my buddies. They like beer obviously, but they want that hoppy/pine/citrus true IPA all the way through just like you do. 

I’m a true lager/wheat fan. And yes I absolutely love great IPA’s but if not my first reach (unless I’m at Russian River). So I’d probably not opt for a Cold IPA.  I think true IPA fans won’t either long term and that’s why I think it will be a fad.

I am Going to be Up at RR in Santa Rosa on Saturday…. My son’s HS is playing Cardinal Newman Saturday…. 

Will be Looking to Bring back some killer Beer and a “W”!!!…. 🤣🍻

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

D542D221-8CA7-4897-9F11-C83E003A145B.thumb.jpeg.f0383771a5e783f160bde508a38d1434.jpeg

Drinking a Russian River “Citra Flash Mob IPA”…. 7% ABV…. It is Fantastic!!!… Tastes like a slightly lighter version of Pliney but with a smooth Citrus Hoppy flavor…. Highly Recommend it if anyone can find it!!!…. 🍻

Just saw that at the Windsor RR brewery last week. Should have tried it. Went Blind Pig and STS. Gotta break up the boring missionary/vanilla blah routine and get a little more creative 😂.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

I am Going to be Up at RR in Santa Rosa on Saturday…. My son’s HS is playing Cardinal Newman Saturday…. 

Will be Looking to Bring back some killer Beer and a “W”!!!…. 🤣🍻

Go to the Windsor location. Bigger and way more room and a ton of parking. From Newman it’s literally 5 minutes up the road (2 exits away). 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

Just saw that at the Windsor RR brewery last week. Should have tried it. Went Blind Pig and STS. Gotta break up the boring missionary/vanilla blah routine and get a little more creative 😂.

27 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

Go to the Windsor location. Bigger and way more room and a ton of parking. From Newman it’s literally 5 minutes up the road (2 exits away). 

Hard to Pass Up BP and STS!!!…. I have been spoiled, my local spots have had BP and Pliny for years so I am always looking for something different…. 🤣

I will go to Windsor…. The last time we were at CN, That B***H Siri told me the SR location was closer…. 🤣🤣

• Haha 2

CC171ED6-D597-4D15-B8E6-1B9A8CEF4BA6.thumb.jpeg.61f83be16ba27c2d0c2f1d4fef0b0016.jpeg

At University of Beer in Vacaville waiting for My Son Baseball Game to Start against Vacaville HS….

Having a Burrito Buds Double IPA from Modern Times in San Diego and That was a Jamison shot…🤣

They got me on the “Add a Jamison Shot for only $5”…. Of Course I couldn’t resist….🤣🤣

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, THEOC89 said:

CC171ED6-D597-4D15-B8E6-1B9A8CEF4BA6.thumb.jpeg.61f83be16ba27c2d0c2f1d4fef0b0016.jpeg

At University of Beer in Vacaville waiting for My Son Baseball Game to Start against Vacaville HS….

Having a Burrito Buds Double IPA from Modern Times in San Diego and That was a Jamison shot…🤣

They got me on the “Add a Jamison Shot for only $5”…. Of Course I couldn’t resist….🤣🤣

Man I fall for it every time…it’s gotta be the Mick in me 😂

• Haha 3

On 5/5/2022 at 8:14 PM, Cossacks said:

B674C248-9B52-456A-BFFF-22F87E28C4E6.thumb.jpeg.d06e72f756e58bb24fc356b33c62035d.jpeg

R nD #4 IPA at Russian River Brewing in Windsor….. This place is Huge!!…🤣🍻

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

B674C248-9B52-456A-BFFF-22F87E28C4E6.thumb.jpeg.d06e72f756e58bb24fc356b33c62035d.jpeg

R nD #4 IPA at Russian River Brewing in Windsor….. This place is Huge!!…🤣🍻

Told you it was huge. It’s pretty awesome that a brewery takes up part of a block. Downtown original is cool and the OG, but I like the Windsor location better. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

Told you it was huge. It’s pretty awesome that a brewery takes up part of a block. Downtown original is cool and the OG, but I like the Windsor location better. 

BA66A23E-857B-4663-9106-6E2B27BF54FF.thumb.jpeg.9c14a8ecb8533015c70e0cf764b8fcd9.jpeg

Yes!…. I am glad I took your advice!!… Much better selection in their Gift store as well!!!… My Buddies and I had a Blast!!…

I finished off with the 25th Anniversary IPA…. It is their original IPA recipe… it’s pretty good, reminds me of Sierra Nevada but a little softer if that makes sense… 🤣🍻

• Like 2

On 5/5/2022 at 7:39 PM, HawgGoneIt said:

Another nerdy read about another new fad in beer that I haven't seen in my area yet. We're always last. Especially since we got the new girl running the brewery. She tries though. I'm pulling for her. 

Cold IPAs? Any West Coast guys had one of these yet? Supposed to be pretty different and surprisingly good. Massachusetts has jumped on board. Maybe I'll see some by 2025. Hahaha

https://www.boston.com/food/beer/2022/04/29/what-is-a-cold-ipa-untold-brewing/?amp=1

So from my understanding, the craft beer community doesn't consider it any different than an IPL, though the brewer/creator of cold IPA's insists it is. 

FWIW Listermann had a Cold IPA called The Iceman Cometh, and it took home the Gold at the beer festivals in the Cold IPA category. It was just OK to me. Like a light crisp IPA. 

• Like 2

I feel like I've been slacking in this thread. xD

Been kind of busy between work and trying to get beach ready or whatever. Training schedule has been tight. 

Definitely going to let loose a little this weekend though. May start tomorrow at the brewery with a couple of beers. Hopefully something to report in here then. 😁

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Been kind of busy between work and trying to get beach ready or whatever. Training schedule has been tight. 

Definitely going to let loose a little this weekend though. May start tomorrow at the brewery with a couple of beers. Hopefully something to report in here then. 😁

🍺🍺🍺

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Shit, me too. Between work, exercise/outdoor activities, and spending time with family/friends....I usually forget to check in here. That's true for me in general tho... I pretty much never take pics or document what I'm doing. Oh well, privacy is nice IMO.  

• Like 1