Bama in over FSU

ChimpGrip

1 hour ago, GoBigBlack said:

FSU would have their backup quarterback return to the lineup and they’d have an entire month to prepare. It’s bullshit no matter how you slice it, though.  It always has been.

Good news is that there could be matchups in other bowl games that are as intriguing as the playoffs . OSU -Ga.:  Ga;Oregon;  FSU-GA: FSU-OSU; FSU-Oregon, etc.  However, typically they  spread these teams around the various bowl game to anchor them and juice up the appeal of the particular bowl games , revenue , so that we may not get the matchups that we want. 

1 hour ago, ChimpGrip said:

Bama is better than FSU in almost every way. The only advantage FSU has is that they’re undefeated. Bama beat UGA yesterday, FSU can’t top that. 
Bama is superior and the committee got it right. Get the fuck over it.

You say the committee got it right? So you also believe FSU is still better than UGA( FSU 5th UGA 6th)? or asked another way, you believe FSU is still the 5th best team in the country?   

I am an anybody-but-Bama guy, but does any reasonable person think that FSU would beat Bama? 

Frankly, you're getting pretty low in the top ten before I'd start thinking FSU would have at least 50/50 odds.

Let's be clear. The "but they won all their games" schpiel is for people who are happy to see teams play little sisters of the poor scheds. FSU's SoS is 22 to 50(!) spots lower than the four teams that made it in. All the CFP qualifiers have victories over at least one current AP top ten team. FSU doesn't have one.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, charlton24fan said:

You say the committee got it right? So you also believe FSU is still better than UGA( FSU 5th UGA 6th)? or asked another way, you believe FSU is still the 5th best team in the country?   

I think Georgia is better than FSU.

On the basis of the Top 4, they got it right. 

43 minutes ago, zulu1128 said:

I don’t have to back it up. Your resume is clearly ass. lol  

if you finish with the same resume next year, you’ll be seeded 5/6 where you belong.

hope this helps  🤣

We beat UGA, Ole Miss, LSU and lost to the Big 12 Champ who is #3. 

UGA was the Committee’s #1. FSU has zero top 10 wins, correct? Alabama, by every metric, played a better schedule than FSU. So what about FSU’s resume is better, besides being unbeaten (undefeated is not enough with a lesser schedule)? Even if you want to give the nod to FSU’s resume, ours is still far from “ass”, as you call it. 

Your thinking ability is ass.

7 minutes ago, charlton24fan said:

Georgia vs FSU in the Orange Bowl. 

I hope Georgia embarrasses them and emphatically shuts FSU up.

1 minute ago, ChimpGrip said:

@TheMaximumHornetSting Still waiting for your response. You must hate the idea that it is reality that Bama might and probably will win it all.

I missed the first reply because I was driving back home... 

But if Bama wins it'll just be a bitter fucking pill to swallow and it wouldn't be my 1st... probably wont be the last... 

But Im 100% certain they wont win.. 

Despite the record and deceptive schedule 

Alabama this year is not the bama of old they are too inconsistent... 

Georgia should have won yesterday but they made too many mistakes and picked the wrong time to drop a game... 

And whats about to happen now and as disgusting as it is... 

Bichigan just might be able to beat Bama on the defensive side of the ball... 

Offensively They are not strong enough... 

If Bama makes it and gets Washington or Texas again... 

Both of those teams have the Offense to outpace Bama and the Defense to keep them in the game... 

In the case of Texas like @steeler01 said... the Longhorns have better lines on both side than Bama and can and most likely would take another W off of them... 

1 minute ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

I missed the first reply because I was driving back home... 

But if Bama wins it'll just be a bitter fucking pill to swallow and it wouldn't be my 1st... probably wont be the last... 

But Im 100% certain they wont win.. 

Despite the record and deceptive schedule 

Alabama this year is not the bama of old they are too inconsistent... 

Georgia should have won yesterday but they made too many mistakes and picked the wrong time to drop a game... 

And whats about to happen now and as disgusting as it is... 

Bichigan just might be able to beat Bama on the defensive side of the ball... 

Offensively They are not strong enough... 

If Bama makes it and gets Washington or Texas again... 

Both of those teams have the Offense to outpace Bama and the Defense to keep them in the game... 

In the case of Texas like @steeler01 said... the Longhorns have better lines on both side than Bama and can and most likely would take another W off of them... 

We’ll see.

34 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

Good news is that there could be matchups in other bowl games that are as intriguing as the playoffs . OSU -Ga.:  Ga;Oregon;  FSU-GA: FSU-OSU; FSU-Oregon, etc.  However, typically they  spread these teams around the various bowl game to anchor them and juice up the appeal of the particular bowl games , revenue , so that we may not get the matchups that we want. 

Depending on who decides to actually play in them, I guess.

16 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

Georgia vs FSU in the Orange Bowl. 

I hope Georgia embarrasses them and emphatically shuts FSU up.

I'm pretty sure Georgia beats FSU here. My problem with this whole mess is where they put FSU, at 5th. They want to say on one hand that FSU is crippled without their starting QB and in no way belongs in the top 4, that's fine  BUT if they are in that bad of shape then why leave them at 5th above UGA, Oregon, who each only lost  by 3 points to teams who are now in the top 4( yes, i get Oregon lost twice). FSU should have either been left at 4th or dropped somewhere to 10th. I dont understand how they can be bad enough to be outside the top 4 but good enough to be 5th ahead of UGA, Oregon, even Ohio State.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, reggid said:

Haters?  Hardly.  It doesn’t surprise anyone that ESPN and the Committee have rigged and manipulated matters to favor the SEC yet again.   It’s been happening for 20 years.  If the roles had been reversed, they still would have taken Bama over FSU, but would just make the exact opposite argument they’re making now.  It happens every year — what “matters” in the decision changes from year to year depending on whatever favors the SEC team.  It’s been happening every year since the BCS selection and later the playoffs began.  

Not a shock, not hate — just reality.  If another team can get screwed to benefit the SEC, they will.

Are you serious, or going to blame it on margaritas again?

None of my "favorite" teams over the years are from the SEC, but it is unquestionably the most dominant conference in college football.

An SEC team has won the national championship about 75% of the time over the last 20 years. And those championships have been won by 5 different schools. No other conference is anywhere near those numbers.

The SEC produces the most NFL draft choices, and have the most players currently on NFL rosters.

That's reality.

Yet, you (and others) claim they are shown 'favoritism' by ESPN and the Committee? It's because of the success they have had, and continue to have.

It would be ludicrous to not understand how damn good the SEC has been, year after year after year. 

3 hours ago, ChimpGrip said:

Alabama is better than FSU by virtually every measure. The goal of the playoff, as Kirby Smart said yesterday, is to put the four best teams in. 

Interesting thing is; IMO... Alabama would never win yesterday's game if they faced a healthy Ga. of which Ga. would be in three weeks.