Is Patrick Mahomes a top 5 QB or better all time?

HooverOutlaw

4 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Only you believe that. Marino is probably before your time. 

I saw Marino’s whole Career and Mahomes is much better…. He has just as good of an arm and is much more mobile…. 

In reality Marino is maybe a better version of Dan Fouts…. Big arm, big stats but can’t win big games…. I don’t have Marino in the top 5, I would go Elway, Montana, Mahomes, Brady and Steve Young or Payton Manning, in no particular order…

But to your point Joe Montana says that Marino is the best QB he has ever seen, so there’s that…. 🤣

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

I saw Marino’s whole Career and Mahomes is much better…. He has just as good of an arm and is much more mobile…. 

In reality Marino is maybe a better version of Dan Fouts…. Big arm, big stats but can’t win big games…. I don’t have Marino in the top 5, I would go Elway, Montana, Mahomes, Brady and Steve Young or Payton Manning, in no particular order…

But to your point Joe Montana says that Marino is the best QB he has ever seen, so there’s that…. 🤣

Steve Young?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Name me single SB winning QB that had worse receivers than what KC had this year.  Outside of the TE they are very very average for NFL standards.  
6 years - 4 Super Bowl games played 2-AFC championships appearances 

If he is not the best the list above is pretty short!!!

plus this year, he won not 1 but 2 playoff games on the road!!!  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mr. Football said:

Name me single SB winning QB that had worse receivers than what KC had this year.  Outside of the TE they are very very average for NFL standards.  
6 years - 4 Super Bowl games played 2-AFC championships appearances 

If he is not the best the list above is pretty short!!!

plus this year, he won not 1 but 2 playoff games on the road!!!  

The 2000 Ravens with Dilfer

Regardless,  he's the best of this era. I can never compare him to the era before,  different rules just make it different football. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Elway better

Unitas better

Brady better during that era.

Wuerffel better than him while at Florida. 

Remember Drew Brees beat him too. 

Elway close

Unitas not even close

Brady better, yes

Wuerffel was college, but still debatable 

Brees beat him in one game. Manning won the NFL MVP 5 times. Most in history. 

• Like 3

Marino had 2 of the best WRs in that era with Duper and Clayton.  Hell unless you are a die hard Chiefs fan and he lost his best WR coincidentally Hill to the Dolphins.  You can't name the Cheif's WRs over the last 5 years. Marino wouldn't win with what Mahomes is playing with. Mahomes threw for 5,000 yds his 1st year.  Imagine if he had a Clayton or Duper.

Patrick Mahomes has accounted for the most yards by a quarterback in a season, with 5,614 combined passing, rushing, and receiving yards in 2022.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Marino had 2 of the best WRs in that era with Duper and Clayton.  Hell unless you are a die hard Chiefs fan and he lost his best WR coincidentally Hill to the Dolphins.  You can't name the Cheif's WRs over the last 5 years. Marino wouldn't win with what Mahomes is playing with. Mahomes threw for 5,000 yds his 1st year.  Imagine if he had a Clayton or Duper.

Patrick Mahomes has accounted for the most yards by a quarterback in a season, with 5,614 combined passing, rushing, and receiving yards in 2022.

AIKMAN!  One of the best touches and tightest spirals!  Was at a game in sitting in the end zone when he launches a bomb to the playmaker…hit him on his finger tips…absolutely perfect pass.  Best pass I ever saw live and it was coming right at me 🫡

• Like 1

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/886649/5721b0dd041ddc1b0037860d

bEast Texas coaches talking about Mahomes.  Of course he's great he had a scrimmage against Gilmer 🤘 back in 2014.  Hell a decade ago he was a HS phenom in bEast Texas.   There are more athletes coming from da bEast. 

https://www.ketk.com/sports/local-sports/east-texas-coaches-remember-patrick-mahomes-high-school-career/

He makes the NFL look like Friday Night's in bEast Texas🤭

He throws a pass from his 25yd line to the 5yd line in freaking HS.  @ 3:10 mark 

70 freaking yards

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, I AM IRONMAN said:

AIKMAN!  One of the best touches and tightest spirals!  Was at a game in sitting in the end zone when he launches a bomb to the playmaker…hit him on his finger tips…absolutely perfect pass.  Best pass I ever saw live and it was coming right at me 🫡

Don't we long for them days old friend

1 hour ago, I AM IRONMAN said:

I knew the end was near when JJ ripped the trophy out of Jimmy’s hands.

those were the golden days my brother! Never thought a 30+ year drought was coming 🤬🤬🤬🤬

Actually the 49ers have a longer drought in " Winning " a super bowl than the cowboys . 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Omaha Vol said:

Elway close

Unitas not even close

Brady better, yes

Wuerffel was college, but still debatable 

Brees beat him in one game. Manning won the NFL MVP 5 times. Most in history. 

My 4  best qb's are Manning , Rodgers, Mahomes , Brady . After those 4 you have Montana, Young , Elway, Marino , Roethlisberger, Brees etc. Personally, I would take Young , even though statistically he isn't up their except that he has the highest qb rating of all time . ( Unless someone more recent has passed him ) . Young put fear into every team that niners  played . Would have had more sb's if Joe wasn't claiming them . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cossacks said:

Die hard Niner fan and despise the Cowboys. But I would go Aikman over Young.

Heck,  I have Young over Montana,  whom I would think almost everyone has Montana over Aikman. Walsh wanted Young as his starter but Debartolo was a buddy with Montana. Young was an extraordinary athlete who could put a team on his back , like the mount Rushmore top 4. Montana had the best offense and defense around him,  like Aikman had with cowboys. When Young finally got his chance,  niners had fallen off quite a bit. Young just masked the decline because of his greatness. They were contenders every year he played. Last year he played I think they were 3-1, or 4-1 when he retired due to his concussion. Niners only won 1 more game that season. Superman had left the building. I'll never forget what the Houston,  Atlanta coach(Jerry Glanville) was quoted when giving a pregame prep to his team before the niner game " whatever you do,  don't hurt Montana because then we'll have to face that guy ". Like I posted,  Young brought fear to the other team. He just didn't get the opportunity to lead the niners earlier, so he'll never get the recognition that his peers sa! w in him due to not compiling the stats.  First ballot HOF none the less 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, DevilDog said:

Mahomes 3 SBs.  Marino 0.  Throwing for 1 million yards don't make you better.  Josh Allen is a present day Marino.  Is he better?

The Bills should and will get one with Allen mark my words... 

The Chiefs have been a road block for both the Ravens and The Bills... 

The Bills actually should have beat the Chiefs... so should've  the Ravens... but its to late for all that now... 

1 hour ago, I AM IRONMAN said:

Yup…wow!  Rothlrsberger over Aikman? No way no how!

People forget how good Roethlisberger was earlier in his career. He won 2 super bowls and really should have had a 3rd against GB.  I don't think Aikman could do what Ben did if situation was reversed 

6 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

The Bills should and will get one with Allen mark my words... 

The Chiefs have been a road block for both the Ravens and The Bills... 

The Bills actually should have beat the Chiefs... so should've  the Ravens... but its to late for all that now... 

That's what most every team thinks after playing chiefs,  including 49er fans.  Chiefs would be hardly relevant without him. 

11 hours ago, DevilDog said:

Marino wouldn't win with what Mahomes is playing with.

The Chiefs had the #2 defense in the league this year. The Dolphins only had a top 2 defense twice in Marino's career.

His rookie year when he only started part-time and his second-to-last year when he was washed.