Breakdown: Texas Football Championship Games

DevilDog

12 minutes ago, Omaha Vol said:

My cousin’s kids went to Cypress Ranch a few years ago. If I remember correctly they won state one of those years (or made it to state). Refresh my memory Texas guys. 

I did not expect Cy-Fair to be dominating Midway like this, though. 

George Ranch won state a few years ago.

Not gonna lie, I get some of these schools mixed up sometimes. There's like a half dozen or more Cypresses in the Houston area.

Cy Fair just kicked the shit out of midway. A Texas school no one mentioned just ran through the constant favorite. Ran down their throat. Kicked their offensive line’s ass all night. And stole their rock like a billion times.  Texas depth baby!!! 

Go bobcats go. The coach for State Champion Rockdale graduated from Cy Fair and he is a huge supporter and fan I read that article this morning. What a weekend for that guy 

• Like 2

What an awesome three days, four nights. Really enjoyed these Texas Championships! That’s now 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 in the books for myself! Four years of Texas ballers. Great closure to the high school football season. Little Christmas Miracles to Rockdale, Newton, Pleasant Grove, College Station, and Cy Fair.

(That Bobcat performance was impressive. They were up 44-7 on a 15-0 Midway team in the 3rd. Yeah Midway made mistakes but Cy Fair showed up and showed out. What a statement. On the map now!) 

I CANNOT WAIT UNTIL NEXT YEAR TO SEE THE DAIRY QUEEN DQ BIG GAME OF THE WEEK. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

What an awesome three days, four nights. Really enjoyed these Texas Championships! That’s now 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 in the books for myself! Four years of Texas ballers. Great closure to the high school football season. Little Christmas Miracles to Rockdale, Newton, Pleasant Grove, College Station, and Cy Fair.

(That Bobcat performance was impressive. They were up 44-7 on a 15-0 Midway team in the 3rd. Yeah Midway made mistakes but Cy Fair showed up and showed out. What a statement. On the map now!) 

I CANNOT WAIT UNTIL NEXT YEAR TO SEE THE DAIRY QUEEN DQ BIG GAME OF THE WEEK. 

Nothing to add.  You need to come see us next year.  You gotta have a Frito pie in Beast Texas on a Friday night and finish it off in da DUB with a DQ steak finger basket or hunger buster or Sonic and Dammit you become an honorary Friday night lights warrior

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ChimpGrip said:

I want Allen-LT non-District next year

That's a great idea.

They need to play Katy the following week after that. People here would complain about Texas not playing any OOS games though. Oh well.

I think I was most impressed with John Stephen Jones, Carthage, Newton, and Cy-Fair this weekend.

Thing about Cy-Fair is most of those kids ain't that big. They're not gonna scare anybody in warmups. They're lighting fast and gang tackle really well. This was my first time seeing them play, but they really remind me of a 6A WO-S in that regard.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Grainraiser said:

A better question is how does CY-Fair with over 3,700 students play for a D2 championship. They have more kids than LT. We really need to get this fixed in Texas. My team has 2500 students and we go D1 every year.

I totally agree.  I was looking at who won state in 6A the past 3 seasons and ALL of them have enrollment of 3K+...that's D1 and D2.  We need a 7A. ( Cy fair and schools their size should not be playing for D2 titles)

i counted, there are about 120 schools with enrollment of 2,800+ (90 with 3,000+). This should be the 7A cutoff