Trouble Brewing at MD?

SoCalFball

So apparently MD fired their WR coach and he's been going on a rant about a a lot of stuff inside the program. I know a decent amount of parents aren't happy about the move.file.php?id=7988&mode=view

This is from his facebook:

Let's say this, I'm motivated by many internal mental factors that come and go daily. But Everyone in here knows that MD hadn't won since 99. Were 28-1 past two season, and only thing that changed was me. The kids **** with me heavy and the social & economical factors weigh heavy when i dont fit the norm from a background stand point; but I do educationally and intellectual. There can only be one Alpha in every organization. And when the sheep move to the voice of the one not titled "head" it ruffles feathers. Rollo nem will not win another ship.He has caused me to pick another challenge and thats beating him.He's a great coach, doesn't know football well, but listens to his comrades.The racial undertones coaches deal with are astronomical and at times we put up with because the love for the kids and changing young mens life trumps the **** you've dealt with your whole life.And when you get a coach like me bucking and challenging the system, but does it from the heart with the kid at the center of why. I gotta go because football clubs are social organizations and that young black kid isn't on the same page as us.Had it not been John Brown I wouldn't of been there. So gotta give him the credit for the introduction. And I got eight seniors going all over the country Duke, Oregon, Usc etc, that means more to me than the championship.And we won put the icing on the cake. My championship magazine will be out next week. In it I give a week to week analysis on how I was feeling how the kids practiced etc. And I wrote a Five page story on what it was like coaching RA the past two seasons.I was only gonna return to keep Bru as the number 1 player in the country. But my guys knew by week 4 I was done, but God stopped my pen from hitting the paper when i was about to resign.And Everything happens for a reason. I believe in that whole heartedly and know this was all suppose to happen like this.I knew in Camp Jt wasn't coming back, knew Brice was transferring in, knew half the freshman wanted out by mid season. but i had a job and a goal i set for the boys and felt i was the reason we lost the year before.So the outside chatter i never really heard because i was locked in to winning it this year. I dressed up as Real the year before making the game about team. Man this is wideouts and its some selfishness to the position that helps the team.so I brought out the "Offense Wins Championship shirt" and told em its on Us. Be ready to die for this and thats what me and my guys did. it was about team through the wideoutfamily.Those were the goals set through principles i gave each kid a copy of and even though the season wasn't fun for me, we won and i have everlasting memories with this kids.I hear the chatter about who's the best and all that. Just know I been doing this since 2008. I slept homeless in my car while obtaining my master's degree and still showed up from jan till 1st week of april at MD. I get the response from these kids because im authentic and real. I live the life i say i do, and they can feel my love for them.50-5 the past four years with 3 finals appearances. I change cultures but Ive been through worst than what any kid with a mom and dad will go through. (pursay) But none of my kids really know my story because it has never been about me the day i started to teach/coach.Other than that I think I covered some questions some may have had. He's done, I never thought about it during season because i just lock in to getting my guys where we need to be. I dont watch tv, i read, study, and find ways to never be out coached. But the articles got to him. He's a nervous coach, doesn't help with pessimism around you. But this year was about him and securing his legacy. Going two decades without winning a title once was burning at him. beating bosco and winning a national championship were def driving forces

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SoCalFball said:

So apparently MD fired their WR coach and he's been going on a rant about a a lot of stuff inside the program. I know a decent amount of parents aren't happy about the move.file.php?id=7988&mode=view

Let's say this, I'm motivated by many internal mental factors that come and go daily. But Everyone in here knows that MD hadn't won since 99. Were 28-1 past two season, and only thing that changed was me. The kids **** with me heavy and the social & economical factors weigh heavy when i dont fit the norm from a background stand point; but I do educationally and intellectual. There can only be one Alpha in every organization. And when the sheep move to the voice of the one not titled "head" it ruffles feathers. Rollo nem will not win another ship.He has caused me to pick another challenge and thats beating him.He's a great coach, doesn't know football well, but listens to his comrades.The racial undertones coaches deal with are astronomical and at times we put up with because the love for the kids and changing young mens life trumps the **** you've dealt with your whole life.And when you get a coach like me bucking and challenging the system, but does it from the heart with the kid at the center of why. I gotta go because football clubs are social organizations and that young black kid isn't on the same page as us.Had it not been John Brown I wouldn't of been there. So gotta give him the credit for the introduction. And I got eight seniors going all over the country Duke, Oregon, Usc etc, that means more to me than the championship.And we won put the icing on the cake. My championship magazine will be out next week. In it I give a week to week analysis on how I was feeling how the kids practiced etc. And I wrote a Five page story on what it was like coaching RA the past two seasons.I was only gonna return to keep Bru as the number 1 player in the country. But my guys knew by week 4 I was done, but God stopped my pen from hitting the paper when i was about to resign.And Everything happens for a reason. I believe in that whole heartedly and know this was all suppose to happen like this.I knew in Camp Jt wasn't coming back, knew Brice was transferring in, knew half the freshman wanted out by mid season. but i had a job and a goal i set for the boys and felt i was the reason we lost the year before.So the outside chatter i never really heard because i was locked in to winning it this year. I dressed up as Real the year before making the game about team. Man this is wideouts and its some selfishness to the position that helps the team.so I brought out the "Offense Wins Championship shirt" and told em its on Us. Be ready to die for this and thats what me and my guys did. it was about team through the wideoutfamily.Those were the goals set through principles i gave each kid a copy of and even though the season wasn't fun for me, we won and i have everlasting memories with this kids.I hear the chatter about who's the best and all that. Just know I been doing this since 2008. I slept homeless in my car while obtaining my master's degree and still showed up from jan till 1st week of april at MD. I get the response from these kids because im authentic and real. I live the life i say i do, and they can feel my love for them.50-5 the past four years with 3 finals appearances. I change cultures but Ive been through worst than what any kid with a mom and dad will go through. (pursay) But none of my kids really know my story because it has never been about me the day i started to teach/coach.Other than that I think I covered some questions some may have had. He's done, I never thought about it during season because i just lock in to getting my guys where we need to be. I dont watch tv, i read, study, and find ways to never be out coached. But the articles got to him. He's a nervous coach, doesn't help with pessimism around you. But this year was about him and securing his legacy. Going two decades without winning a title once was burning at him. beating bosco and winning a national championship were def driving forces

What a nightmare.

Looks like their time at the top is limited, as I suspected. They just won their first bowl game this year.

@Eddyr2 acts like they've always been there.

Plop, flush!  Don't need that type of cancer around a great program.  His arm has got to be sore from patting himself on the back all day long, lol.  Love the way the race card came flying out as if we may not believe anything else this guy says but we all should believe that some of the staff and/or head man at MD are racists.  Nice.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, SoCalFball said:

Nice guy, good coach but was a self promoter. It won’t be an issue for 2018.

1 hour ago, Eddyr2 said:

Nice guy, good coach but was a self promoter.

Lots of those types trying to latch on to the top programs. 

I always find it interesting when coach's bios tout things such as being a "championship wideout coach" with "back2back championship appearances", and taking credit for coaching already otherwordly talents like St. Brown.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Disagreement produces debate, but dissent produces dissension!! Will ballers follow him to his next gig?? 

Maybe...but MD loses guys every year...this year they lost guys to MV, JSerra and Cen10...if he goes to a good program he’ll attract some kids. But he has always been a self promoter, so the head coach that takes him on has to try to tamp him down a bit.

1 minute ago, maxchoboian said:

Lots of those types trying to latch on to the top programs. 

I always find it interesting when coach's bios tout things such as being a "championship wideout coach" with "back2back championship appearances", and taking credit for coaching already otherwordly talents like St. Brown.

Yeah, he was a interesting guy. If you watch MD games from last year you can spot him right away. He is the coach with bright neon green gloves. Hard to miss him with those gloves...almost like he did it on purpose 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, SoCalFball said:

With winning comes egos. It never fails

49 minutes ago, Eddyr2 said:

Yeah, he was a interesting guy. If you watch MD games from last year you can spot him right away. He is the coach with bright neon green gloves. Hard to miss him with those gloves...almost like he did it on purpose 

The wheels will keep turning at MD.  No individual is bigger than the program.

• Like 3

Not a real big story MD will Be fine w/o him. It’s amazing someone will take credit for grooming/coaching  St. Brown .... my mom could of coached that stud. And to say Rollinson doesn’t know football ... shots fired! 

One thing that stuck out he said they knew JT wasn’t coming back but all year but everyone in so cal was like he’s coming back... why was there such disconnect? 

Even I was told he wasn’t going to be at MD his SR year over a year ago but the MD/so cal guys were insistent he was going to be there ... strange. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Is he qualified to be a HC??

maybe for a smaller program...Rollo has had his core of coaches with him for 30 years now. OC Coach Money since 88. The DC Coach Johnson started in 88, left for a few years to be a HC but has been back for about 10 years. There are a few more coaches that coach me in the 90’s still on the staff, but lot of guys come an go. Most are still on good terms with rollo. Coach Logan from Cen10 and Rollo still talk.

i wish the WR Coach well, but he need to be a little less self aggrandizing if he want to stick around high level programs.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

Not a real big story MD will Be fine w/o him. It’s amazing someone will take credit for grooming/coaching  St. Brown .... my mom could of coached that stud. And to say Rollinson doesn’t know football ... shots fired! 

One thing that stuck out he said they knew JT wasn’t coming back but all year but everyone in so cal was like he’s coming back... why was there such disconnect? 

Even I was told he wasn’t going to be at MD his SR year over a year ago but the MD/so cal guys were insistent he was going to be there ... strange. 

Very strang...It’s almost like the MD fans We’re trying to downplay the story so when you become a distraction during the seasonWe’re trying to downplay the story so when you become a distraction during the season🤔

3 minutes ago, GloryDays said:

Surprised he didn't at least thank the #1 QB in the nation for dropping dimes on his wideouts and making him look good.

Sheesh.

Or the OLine with 4 D1 signed Seniors and a soon to be 5* Sophomore...they may have helped the passing game a bit. But oh well best of luck.

10 minutes ago, Eddyr2 said:

Very strang...It’s almost like the MD fans We’re trying to downplay the story so when you become a distraction during the seasonWe’re trying to downplay the story so when you become a distraction during the season🤔

Why not own it? Say this is JT’s SR year and he’s not coming back so we’re going all in to win the National Title THIS year. 

It wouldn’t of been a distraction ..... 

2 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

Why not own it? Say this is JT’s SR year and he’s not coming back so we’re going all in to win the National Title THIS year. 

It wouldn’t of been a distraction ..... 

Due to NCAA and MD guide lines they couldn’t officially say he was doing it until after his Fall grades came in. If they “owned” it early NCAA wouldn’t have let it happened. He made the announcement the day after his grades were posted.

33 minutes ago, Eddyr2 said:

Or the OLine with 4 D1 signed Seniors and a soon to be 5* Sophomore...they may have helped the passing game a bit. But oh well best of luck.

May have helped quite a bit. MD had some road pavers in 2017. One of the best high school lines ever. Along the caliber of Moeller 1980. Moeller's 1980 o-line had a couple of tackles Doug Williams and John Askin who went 6'6 285 and 6'6 275 respectively. Williams was a 2 year starter at Texas A&M, and collected a couple of Cotton Bowl rings. Askin started at Notre Dame , and unfortunately blew out a knee. Their center Jeff Lytton went 6'3 255, and was good enough to start for Clemson's 1981 Natonal Championship team, as a true freshman.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Eddyr2 said:

Because coaches need gloves?

.... in Orange County 

7 hours ago, sausmann9 said:

Plop, flush!  Don't need that type of cancer around a great program.  His arm has got to be sore from patting himself on the back all day long, lol.  Love the way the race card came flying out as if we may not believe anything else this guy says but we all should believe that some of the staff and/or head man at MD are racists.  Nice.

5 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I love his use of "pursay!" Guess he never took Latin. 

I also liked this.....

”I don’t fit the background, but I do educationally and intellectual.”

i bet most of the coaches would know how to use an adverb to describe their intellect if they decided the injustice they were suffering warranted a public epistle

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, SoCalFball said:

Can someone translate this for me?

He got fired bc he's black or because his players, which he calls sheep, listened to him and not to the head coach or because he wasn't on the same page as the rest of the coaching staff? I can't figure out what he's trying to say.

If he was fired because he's black, then he should seriously consider getting a lawyer, since that's illegal.

If he was fired for either of the other two reasons (if they're two distinct reasons), then he was fired for a good reason. 

He was the wide receiver coach, which is serval ranks below the head coach. What did he expect to happen when he decided to put himself and his players on a different page from the rest of the coaching staff? 

3 hours ago, SoCalFball said:

Like.

Powerful statement.