OT: Politics

noonereal

9 hours ago, Horsefly said:

You didn't read the article.  The assailants made racists comments in their attack, it was national news but yet no comment from Obama.  The crime isnt less severe for the victim bc it wasn't taped, he was still raped with a hangar, video or no video.

lile I said you exaggerate a lot and are illogical. That's what racists do.  You will believe and say whatever you need to in order for it to fit into your views, it's as simple as as that.  It's the world you created for yourself.  

Both situations are abhorrent.

The main differences are the broadcasting of it so that people can actually see what happened, and the openly political element in an already charged environment.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

The American flag will soon look like this:

Image result for american flag with sickle instead of stars

To think that these guys were all over communism and what not before the election, but now that we are seeing the writing on the wall... not a peep about these communist type actions. They will twist and defend all of the free market tampering and ignore the obvious ties that are emerging daily. 

Talk about "bully" pulpit. 

Nonesense, this is just more whining from liberals because they lost the election!  Trump is our president, deal with it!  (Sarcasm)

• Like 2

On 1/7/2017 at 0:32 AM, Lamarfan said:

I agree that the Repubs have been on a campaign against the defected Obamacare. But at the same time they were locked out of the office on how to make it work.

that is nonsense

It was the stupid Obie's naivete and want of compromise that wreaked this bill. 

Since we have moved into the realm of health care and how to fix it so that everyone has health insurance without families going broke:

The biggest question is number 1...

1) Do we even think every American deserves coverage? Can we agree that without getting people covered early in their lives, the medicare system we currently have for our elderly is having to spend way more to "fix" people that are sliding into the end of their lives sideways shouting WOOOOOWEEEEEEEEEE!?

2) What do we think people really want from their health insurance policy?  Do they want free preventative visits? How many per year? Do they want low co-pays for primary care with no deductible? 

3) How much do they want insurance to pay toward catastrophic care? anything? fifty percent? eighty percent?

4) How much should insurance pay for emergency care? 100%? 10%?

Another big one:

5) Should we even continue the medicare program at all? After all, it's the main reason we are needing to find a way to get people earlier in life. (unless of course you just love people in general and want everyone to be healthy and feel good because it makes you happy) 

____________________________________________________________________________________

For me personally... I see people that are covered on medicaid, and they go to the doctor, they sign in, they go sit and get called back to see a doctor. When they leave, they don't even have to pay a penny. The only reason they stop at the pay window, is to collect their prescription and next appointment card.

I'm not even gonna lie... I see this happening and I get a few different feelings. First one is: Jealousy! How is it that I work my ass off, and pay for insurance and then still have to stop at that window and pay 45 dollars and this person just waves and smiles for the payment? Then if I dwell on this for a while, I can get angry, because I can get around to thinking... I paid for that person and mine. 

Then I can have the thought, that, I have no idea at all what that person's deal is. I don't know what kind of suffering that person goes through daily in order to find themselves eligible for that free pass by the pay window. Would I trade my current life for their life in order to have the coverage they have so that I get a free pass by that window? Should I have to trade my life for theirs to get that at all?

None of those thoughts change the first feeling I get though, the one where I'm jealous that this person has (seemingly free) health care and mine almost breaks me. 

What good is insurance at all, if I can barely afford the copay or deductibles after paying the monthly premiums? 

20 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Since we have moved into the realm of health care and how to fix it so that everyone has health insurance without families going broke:

This all I haveread from your post so far. 

You are starting from a false assumption. 

There is no universality of want for this. 

28 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

The biggest question is number 1...

1) Do we even think every American deserves coverage? Can we agree that without getting people covered early in their lives, the medicare system we currently have for our elderly is having to spend way more to "fix" people that are sliding into the end of their lives sideways shouting WOOOOOWEEEEEEEEEE!?

2) What do we think people really want from their health insurance policy?  Do they want free preventative visits? How many per year? Do they want low co-pays for primary care with no deductible? 

3) How much do they want insurance to pay toward catastrophic care? anything? fifty percent? eighty percent?

4) How much should insurance pay for emergency care? 100%? 10%?

Another big one:

5) Should we even continue the medicare program at all? After all, it's the main reason we are needing to find a way to get people earlier in life. (unless of course you just love people in general and want everyone to be healthy and feel good because it makes you happy) 

____________________________________________________________________________________

For me personally... I see people that are covered on medicaid, and they go to the doctor, they sign in, they go sit and get called back to see a doctor. When they leave, they don't even have to pay a penny. The only reason they stop at the pay window, is to collect their prescription and next appointment card.

I'm not even gonna lie... I see this happening and I get a few different feelings. First one is: Jealousy! How is it that I work my ass off, and pay for insurance and then still have to stop at that window and pay 45 dollars and this person just waves and smiles for the payment? Then if I dwell on this for a while, I can get angry, because I can get around to thinking... I paid for that person and mine. 

Then I can have the thought, that, I have no idea at all what that person's deal is. I don't know what kind of suffering that person goes through daily in order to find themselves eligible for that free pass by the pay window. Would I trade my current life for their life in order to have the coverage they have so that I get a free pass by that window? Should I have to trade my life for theirs to get that at all?

None of those thoughts change the first feeling I get though, the one where I'm jealous that this person has (seemingly free) health care and mine almost breaks me. 

What good is insurance at all, if I can barely afford the copay or deductibles after paying the monthly premiums? 

I dont even have health insurance.... its to expensive. Like I stated before I bring home maybe 1600$ a month 1800$ if Im lucky.... 

You should know for a fact Savannah isnt cheap. 

1200$ rent...

Cellphone bill  150$

Food budget 100$ 

Cable & Internet 100$

$1550 right there... 

Even with my aunts help the health insurance in GA can run up to 200$+.... 

And my job is full of BS "Im not elligible yet".... 

9 minutes ago, noonereal said:

This all I haveread from your post so far. 

You are starting from a false assumption. 

There is no universality of want for this. 

Well, this I fully understand. Which is why I presented that series of questions, the first of which speaks to that.

Can we agree whether there is a want or not for it, that there is a need for it was basically the question.

I know that people that have health insurance, and can afford it and the ensuing care, don't really care or have a problem with the rest not having it. 

My questions included whether we thought medicare is a good thing at all as well.

Not medicaid, but medicare. 

Some of the premise was, if you do like medicare for your mom, or grandma, then you have to also want to keep it a viable program. In order to do that, we have to have healthier people entering that system. How do we do that without making sure everyone is going to the Dr. and at least learning about healthy lifestyle choices?

2 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Can we agree whether there is a want or not for it, that there is a need for it was basically the question.

This is a subjective answer you are soliciting so my answer has no particular relevance except to me and to you as a curiosity.

I know that people that have health insurance, and can afford it and the ensuing care, don't really care or have a problem with the rest not having it. 

so do I

My questions included whether we thought medicare is a good thing at all as well.

absolutely indispensable 

Not medicaid, but medicare. 

LOL, i know the difference, I am not Cajun.

Some of the premise was, if you do like medicare for your mom, or grandma, then you have to also want to keep it a viable program. In order to do that, we have to have healthier people entering that system. How do we do that without making sure everyone is going to the Dr. and at least learning about healthy lifestyle choices?

again, I disagree with your assertion that to keep medicare a viable program we must in-script the young. 

5 hours ago, GloryDays said:

Holy hell...

The nonsense someone like you laps up is disturbing.

I'm convinced that people simply have little to no reading comprehension skills for starters.

Then they are so gullible. They get these "news" links from face book and the like. One of their most slanted/gullible/idiotic friends finds a fake news story. can't really comprehend what they are reading, but it's slanted enough that they know they like it, so they now share it on their Facebook feed, where another gullible friend finds it etc. etc, etc. 

Next thing you know... Yep, it's dropped on here as the truth.

I apologize in advance if any of you are the gullible/idiotic/slanted friend that is starting these fake news shares on your Facebook feed. I apologize for being honest and not politically correct on this topic. You loons are tired of political correctness if I'm not mistaken. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I'm convinced that people simply have little to no reading comprehension skills for starters.

Then they are so gullible.

I apologize in advance if any of you are the gullible/idiotic/slanted friend that is starting these fake news shares on your Facebook feed. I apologize for being honest and not politically correct on this topic. You loons are tired of political correctness if I'm not mistaken. 

Great post! Your best ever.

Humans are a failed species my brother, a failed species. 

Good to see you discovering this!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, noonereal said:

I offered a link. Obviously child prostitution was not legalized. (although adult prostitution should be) 

It was not legalized, it was decriminalized. Close, but no cigar. I do believe that I read where the underaged would be taken into temporary custody. I guess more like protective custody?

20 minutes ago, LeftOnBase said:

It was not legalized, it was decriminalized. Close, but no cigar. I do believe that I read where the underaged would be taken into temporary custody. I guess more like protective custody?

Decriminalized for the underage boy/girl.

Everyone else involved still goes to jail.

So, it's still illegal.

2 hours ago, GloryDays said:

A fully functioning adult human being honestly thought California legalized underage prostitution because some guy screamed it at him.

Dumbfounded.

Do you realize how simple we are?

Just tell someone something over and over and they will believe it. It's that simple.

Most humans on earth believe in a God but depending on what they have been told (never rooted in science) they believe it! doesn't matter what religion. The same mindless belief is born. Think about that for a minute. 

It's mind blowing to think what dopes, we, humans really are. 

• Like 1