CalHi Sports California Preseason Top 10

Extremely Humble

8 minutes ago, PrepGridiron said:

Top 5 are obvious, I think you can make arguments for a bunch of teams in the 6-15 range.

I agree with this. I actually like Pitt closer to that 5 spot with Cen10. This team looks ready to make a statement. This should be the best team they’ve had since they beat DLS in ‘92. Honestly, based on what I’ve seen from them this summer, they might be beat Folsom if they were given the opportunity, and they’re going to give Cen10 hell.  And I’ve said this already, I can’t wait for the NCS Final between DLS and Pitt should it happen. 

I have a couple of NorCal teams not to be slept on:  St. Francis, Bishop O'Dowd, and Serra. The Open is highly likely going to be a SOCal win, but after that......

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PrepGridiron said:

Top 5 are obvious, I think you can make arguments for a bunch of teams in the 6-15 range.

2 hours ago, Blueliner said:

I agree with this. I actually like Pitt closer to that 5 spot with Cen10. This team looks ready to make a statement. This should be the best team they’ve had since they beat DLS in ‘92. Honestly, based on what I’ve seen from them this summer, they might be beat Folsom if they were given the opportunity, and they’re going to give Cen10 hell.  And I’ve said this already, I can’t wait for the NCS Final between DLS and Pitt should it happen. 

I have a couple of NorCal teams not to be slept on:  St. Francis, Bishop O'Dowd, and Serra. The Open is highly likely going to be a SOCal win, but after that......

Agree with both of you — 

think 1/2 are interchangeable and they’ll likely meet twice  

think 3/4 are interchangeable and will be settled in week zero 

think a down CC the only team in that gap between those 4 and rest of state 

think pittsburg a contender for best of rest and is part of a challenging preseason for Cc 

am a bit surprised MV so low but don’t disagree — they just seem to always be that team that gets ranked first in 2nd Tier  

8 hours ago, Extremely Humble said:

https://www.calhisports.com/2018/07/11/fb-early-preseason-top-10-notes/

TLDR

1 - MD

2 - SJB

3 - DLS

4 - Folsom

5 - Centennial

6 - Lutheran (Orange)

7 - Oaks Christian

8 - Narbonne

9 - Pittsburg

10 - Mission Viejo

Narbonne and Folsom should be on par...Narbonne is too low and Folsom is too high...both seem like they should be 6

OLu being ranked behind either team is a joke...

4 hours ago, Eddyr2 said:

Narbonne and Folsom should be on par...Narbonne is too low and Folsom is too high...both seem like they should be 6

Again, think you underestimate Folsom and it’s easy to do in here with Block’s constant “Folsom by 10”

i think they’re on par with DLS and this is a very dangerous game for DLS especially week zero with a new soph QB

i know it’s easy to say but don’t think I’d be nearly as concerned with narbonne 

As for OLu, meh — what have they done in the last 10 years to get excited about?  DLS played a supposedly good OLu team a few years ago — seemed like a regular EBAL game 

9 hours ago, Blueliner said:

How do I bookmark this quote for after Cen10 boat races Pitt Again?

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

I think Cc capable of boat racing Pittsburg or all but about 25 teams in country if they’re the CC of last decade — there’s enough doubt emanating from the corona smoke signals though to move them down a notch 

and, this appears to be a a very good Pittsburg team — you don’t hear them being touted every year or any year since I’ve been here 

we’ll see

and I’m not sure a loss will be that much of a hickey — if it’s partnof a 4-0 CC start, no harm done, if it’s partnof a 1-3 CC start, that’s pretty ugly for a team trying to break out of the pack

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Wouldn’t have made a difference in the outcome but Pitt lost their QB in the preseason and was playing with a QB that was out of position when they played Cent10. That QB improved and Pitt should have beaten Narbonne in the state championship game if they didn’t throw the game away. That original QB is back healthy and the other QB has moved back to his natural position. I’m ok with your statement until Pitt proves its mettle, just want you to know there is some justification for its ranking. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, old_e said:

Don't believe the hype. cc will be cc. It's about the system.

There is some truth to the “system” theory but you still need the athletes especially at the skill positions when you are not a defensive minded team.  Although 7 on 7 is not an accurate predictor of how a team will perform in season, it does give you an idea of where they are at with respect to the air game.  There’s a good reason Husky fans aren’t bringing up the Battle at the Beach

1 hour ago, Pops said:

Again, think you underestimate Folsom and it’s easy to do in here with Block’s constant “Folsom by 10”

i think they’re on par with DLS and this is a very dangerous game for DLS especially week zero with a new soph QB

i know it’s easy to say but don’t think I’d be nearly as concerned with narbonne 

As for OLu, meh — what have they done in the last 10 years to get excited about?  DLS played a supposedly good OLu team a few years ago — seemed like a regular EBAL game 

You underestimate Narbonne. They will be just as good as Folsom next year...

OLu is just like Folsom (ton of skill players, no really good big men) but just better...

OLu’s 5️ QB and WR both made it to the opening, I would put their skill players above the Bulldogs’.

1 hour ago, Eddyr2 said:

You underestimate Narbonne. They will be just as good as Folsom next year...

OLu is just like Folsom (ton of skill players, no really good big men) but just better...

OLu’s 5️ QB and WR both made it to the opening, I would put their skill players above the Bulldogs’.

Am not saying your wrong just that I feel differently — One of us is at least a bit off 

I think there will be a 3rd NorCal team as good as either of those (maybe Pitt, maybe st Francis, maybe serra) and Folsom at a higher level with DLS (in NorCal) 

We’ll know soon 

I honestly didn’t know OLu had a 5-Star QB/ WR combo, but am still skeptical 

Imho you socal guys get extra bitter about Folsom because:

1). They showed poorly against DLS in ‘12/‘13 — just like the top socal team except SJB’13 from ‘09-‘15

2). They wind up playing what socal elitists considers a tier 2 team — somewhat true but exaggerated imho (the top non-SSD1 socal team is always at least in socal top 10 — was #1 more often than not until CC moved over drom Inland) AND they’re 3-0 w/ avg MOV > 30

3). Message board bs from Sammy (for years) and Block this offseason 

9 hours ago, Eddyr2 said:

I expected nothing less from a SoCal homer. 

Explain to me why Narbonne should be ranked on par with Folsom. I'm willing to listen. 

3 hours ago, PrepGridiron said:

Wouldn’t have made a difference in the outcome but Pitt lost their QB in the preseason and was playing with a QB that was out of position when they played Cent10. That QB improved and Pitt should have beaten Narbonne in the state championship game if they didn’t throw the game away. That original QB is back healthy and the other QB has moved back to his natural position. I’m ok with your statement until Pitt proves its mettle, just want you to know there is some justification for its ranking. 

I agree. Pitt. will be better prepared, barring no injuries. Their QB is solid and they know how good Cent. is. after the beat down last year. Their HC Galli, has been around a long time and will have the Pirates better prepared. They may not win but I think this game will be closer then expected. Also, the Huskies may be coming in a little worn out after playing Chandler and OLu.

One question I do have, why isn't this a home and home? Didn't they play at Cent. last year?. Would of liked to have seen this game at Pittsburg. Why not play at Los Medanos College?

32 minutes ago, Extremely Humble said:

I expected nothing less from a SoCal homer. 

Explain to me why Narbonne should be ranked on par with Folsom. I'm willing to listen. 

Jonah Tuanau’u,...jajuan Collins....Jake Garcia just to name a few.look them up at 247

• Like 1