The Top 10 H.S. Football Dynasties since 03!!!

47 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Stop with the piece stuff. Its not a cake you bake, then give a piece to every state with a good team. 

Thanks.

Then tell your amigos from CQ to stop talking about winning one in 2015 

i count that one too although there is no lower qualifying source than Fisher 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

And the fact a urban based school with a bunch of minorities destroyed many stereotypes.  Talented well coached and played with tremendous discipline.  Those kids left here with the respect of many. Especially after that BS magazine article left at their hotel rooms.

I remember one SLC poster commented after the game in one of the sites that at least the SLC kids were the real winners as they got to go home to a two parent household with plenty of money and opportunities.    What an A-hole comment.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

I remember one SLC poster commented after the game in one of the sites that at least the SLC kids were the real winners as they got to go home to a two parent household with plenty of money and opportunities.    What an A-hole comment.  

Exactly my classmate and class President lived there over the last 30 years his kid played there.  He was one of the top builders out there. Recently moved to Ga.  I know all about their BS.  Not shocked over the BS with Wasson.  I will let my girl tell you about the time her son and I along with her back in 2004 went to a game and was on their side.  At least 5 women came up to us talking about how attractive we were and how pretty our hair is like we were some damn zoo exhibit on attractive black people. Wanted to take our 📷.  That is 100% true story and seemed like a scene out of the damn 50s.  It was strange. Maybe they were shocked to see a Man woman and kid. 😋

10 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Exactly my classmate and class President lived there over the last 30 years his kid played there.  He was one of the top builders out there. Recently moved to Ga.  I know all about their BS.  Not shocked over the BS with Wasson.  I will let my girl tell you about the time her son and I along with her back in 2004 went to a game and was on their side.  At least 5 women came up to us talking about how attractive we were and how pretty our hair is like we were some damn zoo exhibit on attractive black people. Wanted to take our 📷.  That is 100% true story and seemed like a scene out of the damn 50s.  It was strange. Maybe they were shocked to see a Man woman and kid. 😋

Wanted to take your picture?  What the hell!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Belly Bob said:

By your goofy logic, we should think that NV plays the best HSFB in the country, because BG has collected more MNC's than any other team in recent years and because they've racked up the OOS wins. 

It may be that TXs top teams haven't been quite as good as BG in the last 4 years or so. But that is likely true of every other team in the country. TX's losing to those teams certainly doesn't prove that TX is overrated.

And if I remember correctly, Liberty beat a TX team who had just lost their starting QB. 

1) Why so much disdain for Nevada? Did you lose your house at one of our craps tables? 

2) You should enjoy that you live in Indiana and that you have one of the top 10 leagues in America. The MIC is loaded with good teams and talented kids. Historically the MIC has placed teams in the top 25 final national rankings of multiple rating agencies. 

3) Nevada teams are striving to improve and this year is a prime example. ALL of our top teams in Southern and Northern Nevada have scheduled big “risk games” this year. 

4) The Liberty Patriots win over a historically top 10 6A Texas School should not be so easily dismissed. Or downgraded. Stay classy like the Westlake Coach did. Here are some directs quotes from him.   

Pre game comments from Coach Dodge "I’ve done some research, and Liberty is a lot like us. They’re a quality program, they’re a public school about our size, and it will be a good test for us.”

And post game from Coach Dodge "Liberty deserved the win tonight. On this field, for three and a half hours, they were better than we were."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

1) Why so much disdain for Nevada? Did you lose your house at one of our craps tables? 

2) You should enjoy that you live in Indiana and that you have one of the top 10 leagues in America. The MIC is loaded with good teams and talented kids. Historically the MIC has placed teams in the top 25 final national rankings of multiple rating agencies. 

3) Nevada teams are striving to improve and this year is a prime example. ALL of our top teams in Southern and Northern Nevada have scheduled big “risk games” this year. 

4) The Liberty Patriots win over a historically top 10 6A Texas School should not be so easily dismissed. Or downgraded. Stay classy like the Westlake Coach did. Here are some directs quotes from him.   

Pre game comments from Coach Dodge "I’ve done some research, and Liberty is a lot like us. They’re a quality program, they’re a public school about our size, and it will be a good test for us.”

And post game from Coach Dodge "Liberty deserved the win tonight. On this field, for three and a half hours, they were better than we were."

That's bc dodge isn't going to make excuses.  Any legit football fan knows that with Ehlinger playing we are not talking about Liberty, it would have been a comfortable westlake win.  Without Ehlinger, they were not a traditional top 6A team.  The reason westlake was getting hype was bc of the QB.  Liberty didn't play THAT team.  Keep it in perspective.

40 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

That's bc dodge isn't going to make excuses.  Any legit football fan knows that with Ehlinger playing we are not talking about Liberty, it would have been a comfortable westlake win.  Without Ehlinger, they were not a traditional top 6A team.  The reason westlake was getting hype was bc of the QB.  Liberty didn't play THAT team.  Keep it in perspective.

We are talking about football and as long as this game has been played teams have had to deal with injuries, poor coaching decisions, hostile environments and many other elements. If a coach doesn’t have a decent backup quarterback ready to go at the high school level then maybe he is not doing his job. And High school playbooks are for the most part very simple. Many teams are able to plug in a WR or RB at the QB position and still roll on. You are making it seem as if Westlake lost Sammy Baugh or Y.A.Title when they played Liberty. 

Ehlinger has had an average career at UT. If he was that great the longhorns would have finished with a better record than 7-6 last year. 

7 minutes ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

We are talking about football and as long as this game has been played teams have had to deal with injuries, poor coaching decisions, hostile environments and many other elements. If a coach doesn’t have a decent backup quarterback ready to go at the high school level then maybe he is not doing his job. And High school playbooks are for the most part very simple. Many teams are able to plug in a WR or RB at the QB position and still roll on. You are making it seem as if Westlake lost Sammy Baugh or Y.A.Title when they played Liberty. 

Ehlinger has had an average career at UT. If he was that great the longhorns would have finished with a better record than 7-6 last year. 

I know Evangel wasn't the same team without 5* QB John David Booty when they played DLS in CA. Evangel plugged in their best WR at QB. He did ok and turned out decent as the year went on, but he was a freakin WR. If he had wanted to be a QB he would have told somebody 3 or 4 years prior, he thought he was going to catch bombs all year. 😄

The leadership, confidence and chemistry just wasn't there.....

I understand everyone on this forum is looking for an angle though.

Carry on...

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, RedZone said:

I know Evangel wasn't the same team without 5* QB John David Booty when they played DLS in CA. Evangel plugged in their best WR at QB. He did ok and turned out decent as the year went on, but he was a freakin WR. If he had wanted to be a QB he would have told somebody 3 or 4 years prior, he thought he was going to catch bombs all year. 😄

The leadership, confidence and chemistry just wasn't there.....

I understand everyone on this forum is looking for an angle though.

Carry on...

ECA had a very unique offense at that time. That is totally different from Westlake which seems to run from a pro style offense. What was the name for ECA offense back then? It was a spread type offense with the quarterback always lined up 10 yards from the Center. 

2 hours ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

I don't have disdain for NV. I just don't think that they've got the number of quality football teams that the top football states have. Do you?

And I'm not dismissing Liberty's win. It means something. But it would have been more impressive if Westlake had had their starting QB. So I guess in a sense I am downgrading it. But rightfully so. 

1 hour ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

Ehlinger hasn't had a career at UT, he was a freshman last year and did ok sharing the duties ( he passed for over 1900 rushed for 380 thru 9 games, led them to a bowl win) Most freshmen QB aren't even on the field at major college programs. 

His junior year at westlake, he passed for over 3,000 and used for 1,400.  Those numbers weren't on the field vs Liberty nor for most of that season.. he's not exactly little either, he's a physical QB, 6'2 225 in HS. 

Who Liberty beat was a 5'10 156 backup he misfired on a ton of his first few passes.  

26 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Ehlinger hasn't had a career at UT, he was a freshman last year and did ok sharing the duties ( he passed for over 1900 rushed for 380 thru 9 games, led them to a bowl win) Most freshmen QB aren't even on the field at major college programs. 

His junior year at westlake, he passed for over 3,000 and used for 1,400.  Those numbers weren't on the field vs Liberty nor for most of that season.. he's not exactly little either, he's a physical QB, 6'2 225 in HS. 

Who Liberty beat was a 5'10 156 backup he misfired on a ton of his first few passes.  

You need say no more 

Young Sam Ehlinger.    Just watch they don't throw up the Hookem here at 3 and not Show you Why.  Dem Horns bout to Show out.  HOOKEM SAM 🤘

Image result for SAM Ehlinger throwing hook em as a kid

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Belly Bob said:

I don't have disdain for NV. I just don't think that they've got the number of quality football teams that the top football states have. Do you?

And I'm not dismissing Liberty's win. It means something. But it would have been more impressive if Westlake had had their starting QB. So I guess in a sense I am downgrading it. But rightfully so. 

This is all you should remember:

Post game from Coach Dodge "Liberty deserved the win tonight. On this field, for three and a half hours, they were better than we were."

26 minutes ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

This is all you should remember:

Post game from Coach Dodge "Liberty deserved the win tonight. On this field, for three and a half hours, they were better than we were."

He's a class act, he's not going to whine.  I'm posting back and forth with you, not the media nor dodge. You're the one down playing Ehlinger as if he wouldn't have been that much of a factor.

but whatever.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Belly Bob said:

That 2nd to last line could be said for DLS when they played Evangel.

13 minutes ago, Frosty4024 said:

That 2nd to last line could be said DLS when they played Evangel.

It should be said. 

DLS's win would have meant a lot more if Booty had been with the team. There's no doubt about that -- at least not in my mind.

Evangel still made it to the LA state championship game, which I know they lost. But who knows how their season would have gone if they had had their star QB. I'm guessing that it would have gone better than it did. And I'd hope that other reasonable, well-informed football fans would say the same.

• Like 1