Georgia Thread

Sammyswordsman

That being said @ngdawg has informed us that NG won't be terribly good this year. And they have a No rest schedule... 

Vs. Hoover (AL)

@ North Cobb- 7A pre-season #3 behind Milton. 

@ Parkview 

Home vs. 5A Semifinalist Jones County-might be the weakest link on their schedule. 

Vs. Lovejoy-Decent

@ Archer- Yikes... 

Then they open up region play on the road against Mill Creek who is a wildcard this year. 

Then a home game against crosstown rival Collins Hills and 7A #1 they bring back alot from the 7A runner up squad that lost to Grayson. 

NG has a stiff schedule for a team that's playing with fresh faces... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

I haven’t seen an official GA top 10.  Is there one, or do you all gave your own list? 

Most of the time we go on our own. The AJC usually has one out by now but I haven't seen it. 

But the agreed universal consensus for 7A is: 

Collins Hill #1

Milton #2 

North Cobb #3 

Lowndes #4

Grayson #5

Colquitt County #6

Then 7-10 is in a bind but it probably looks like this: 

Camden County 

Archer 

Walton 

Norcross

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

That being said @ngdawg has informed us that NG won't be terribly good this year. And they have a No rest schedule... 

Vs. Hoover (AL)

@ North Cobb- 7A pre-season #3 behind Milton. 

@ Parkview 

Home vs. 5A Semifinalist Jones County-might be the weakest link on their schedule. 

Vs. Lovejoy-Decent

@ Archer- Yikes... 

Then they open up region play on the road against Mill Creek who is a wildcard this year. 

Then a home game against crosstown rival Collins Hills and 7A #1 they bring back alot from the 7A runner up squad that lost to Grayson. 

NG has a stiff schedule for a team that's playing with fresh faces... 

Parkview won't be good, they graduated their entire team. Lovejoy is stiff as always but I doubt we let them beat us twice after what happened last year. I think we take Archer too, their QB situation is shaky at best. Mill Creek is a sleeper team but we've always had their number. We'll get blown out by NC and CH.

2 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Break it down for me

See this thread and read between the lines... 

Then, go take a look at the Cairo coaching staff to see if you can pick up any connections between the schools in question. Also think back to Colquitt's spring game... Cairo. 

I ain't saying there is anything much to this all, and I don't have first hand knowledge about any contracts or whatever between Cairo and Pelham or why games fell through, but, I can play connect a dot and have a pretty strong deduction as to what may have happened. 

Creative player acquisition don't fly too well down around these parts. Especially with the smaller class schools. If you get one building up with transfers all of a sudden, people start paying attention. Including other teams that try their best to operate within the rules. Not saying I have any first hand knowledge of wrong doing either, but, the rumors though... 😁

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Then, go take a look at the Cairo coaching staff to see if you can pick up any connections between the schools in question. Also think back to Colquitt's spring game... Cairo. 

I ain't saying there is anything much to this all, and I don't have first hand knowledge about any contracts or whatever between Cairo and Pelham or why games fell through, but, I can play connect a dot and have a pretty strong deduction as to what may have happened. 

Creative player acquisition don't fly too well down around these parts. Especially with the smaller class schools. If you get one building up with transfers all of a sudden, people start paying attention. Including other teams that try their best to operate within the rules. Not saying I have any first hand knowledge of wrong doing either, but, the rumors though... 😁

Come on Hawg....Rab says there ain't nothing going on...and he KNOWS everything there is to know about Colquitt football.

Just ask him....

Rufus>>

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ngdawg said:

Parkview won't be good, they graduated their entire team. Lovejoy is stiff as always but I doubt we let them beat us twice after what happened last year. I think we take Archer too, their QB situation is shaky at best. Mill Creek is a sleeper team but we've always had their number. We'll get blown out by NC and CH.

So Archers Kryptonite remains intake.... 

The QB position. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Can anyone explain to me why Camden Country scheduled a home-school team from VA this season? Thx. 

The coach hates competition. He plays the worst teams imaginable. When he was at TL Hanna he turned down playing Buford GA to play Inlet Grove FL who was just another International School of Broward. 

i believe Camden was to play Inlet Grove before the homeschool team. They must have backed out. 

Camden turned down Rockledge and Rockledge isn’t even a power 

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Ah..... 

Ok... 

Yea that'll do it... 

Well now Cairo host Merritt Island (FL) not sure how good they are...

Just now, Nolebull813 said:

The coach hates competition. He plays the worst teams imaginable. When he was at TL Hanna he turned down playing Buford GA to play Inlet Grove FL who was just another International School of Broward. 

i believe Camden was to play Inlet Grove before the homeschool team. They must have backed out. 

Camden turned down Rockledge and Rockledge isn’t even a power 

We still sticking with this?

1 minute ago, Nolebull813 said:

They are young but they are top 10 in the state? 

Top 10 in 7A.... 

And more realistically they're a mix of new and a few returning players. 

Why they scheduled Beacon Hill? IDK.

But to say Herron is afraid of a challenge when he has scheduled some of the best teams in the country during his previous tenure. And the best in state teams he could. 

Your statement is a lie... 

Maybe he knows something we don't.