What up Texas?

DevilDog

8 hours ago, Frosty4024 said:

SLC down to 4th string RB...Clemson Commit may not play on defense.

If SLC wins it's going to be because of special teams.

Or Guyer catching the turnover bug suddenly.

Didn't realize SLC is this banged up. I had them winning comfortably. Now I just think they will win a close one.  

• Like 1

Southlake Carroll 46 Denton Guyer 34.

1st quarter:

Guyer dominated...but that's because SLC couldn't get of thier own way (2 fumbles).  Guyer would score 14 (Seth Meador pretty much had his way most of the night).  But left plenty on the board as Stowers overthrew a couple of passes.

2nd quarter:

The tide started to turn when Guyer tried to get cute with play-calling.  But the MAJOR blow came after a Carroll TD the upman on the kickoff mishandled the kickoff (should have let it go out of bounds).  Carroll wouldn't score (missed FG). 

From that point on...Guyer's D got worked worked worked worked worked...

They couldn't get any pressure on Ewers and he started picking them apart...And when Guyer blitzed...They got roasted.

By Halftime Carroll took a 25-21 lead.

3rd quarter:

Guyer didn't score on opening possession.  Carroll did to open it up.  Then they tried to pound it with Cobbs which was fine until they got predictable.  Then on 4th and 4 Guyer tried to surprise Carroll with a draw...Didn't work.

There was also a 4th and 1 where Guyer got bullied.  By end of 3rd Carroll was rolling 39-21.

4th Quarter:

Guyer opened it up late and tossed a TD pass after Carroll slacked off a bit.  Guyer dropped an onside recovery attempt and Carroll attempted to run some clock...but RB fumbled.  Stowers breaks a long TD run and next thing you know there was about 4 mins left and score was suddenly 39-34.

Guyer (2 timeouts) decided to kick it downfield.  Ewers on 2nd down busts about a 75 yard QB Sweep for a TD.

Ballgame...

Stowers throws an INT for good measure.

5 minutes ago, Texasfrog said:

I love me some East TX High School football..   But I'm not seeing Longview hang with teams like Katy,  North Shore, Duncanville, Allen and about 5 other TX 6A  teams this year

I would put Longview around #10 in Texas 6A..

Even after they demolished rockwall?  They’re top 5 for sure if for no other reason bc of their defense. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

10 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Even after they demolished rockwall?  They’re top 5 for sure if for no other reason bc of their defense. 

Even after beating Rockwall..    I just see Longview more in the #8-#12 Range.  

But who knows...  Like I tell the OOS people on this site.   Here in Texas we can't really start to get our polls close to right  until at least Mid-October at the earliest.

Like I've stated.. I'm not convinced Duncanville is #1 just yet.

3 minutes ago, Texasfrog said:

Even after beating Rockwall..    I just see Longview more in the #8-#12 Range.  

But who knows...  Like I tell the OOS people on this site.   Here in Texas we can't really start to get our polls close to right  until at least Mid-October at the earliest.

Like I've stated.. I'm not convinced Duncanville is #1 just yet.

I don’t know who you think is even in the same realm as Dville right now but it ain’t close.  DV is on a totally different level this year.  

Just now, Texasboys23 said:

I don’t know who you think is even in the same realm as Dville right now but it ain’t close.  DV is on a totally different level this year.  

Ok... we'll see come playoff time.

You do realize the team that beat them last year (North Shore) returns like 90% of that team this year.

I'm not losing sleep over their 1st game of the year loss to Katy.

North Shore was playing without a couple of big-time starters,  Early season blues and oh by the way.. Katy is pretty damn good.

We'll see... but I believe Duncanville will take a few right and left hooks and body-shots to fight their way back to the State Title game.

2 minutes ago, Texasfrog said:

Ok... we'll see come playoff time.

You do realize the team that beat them last year (North Shore) returns like 90% of that team this year.

I'm not losing sleep over their 1st game of the year loss to Katy.

North Shore was playing without a couple of big-time starters,  Early season blues and oh by the way.. Katy is pretty damn good.

We'll see... but I believe Duncanville will take a few right and left hooks and body-shots to fight their way back to the State Title game.

NorthShore returned the 3 heavy hitters but lost the majority of that team.  They literally started almost an entirely new defense.  They returned 50 percent of that team.  

26 minutes ago, Texasboys23 said:

NorthShore returned the 3 heavy hitters but lost the majority of that team.  They literally started almost an entirely new defense.  They returned 50 percent of that team.  

Well, just according to Dave Campbells.   North Shore returned 6 OFF/ 3 DEF starters.

But..they also returned many kids that received tons of playing time last year because many of their games were over at halftime.

PS.  Most of NS backups would be starters on many teams around Texas.

Way too much football left to even begin to talk about who will end up on top.  Injuries, kids returning from injury, personnel adjustments and stupid stuff (e.g. Katy QB suspended 2 games for racial slur) can all play  a factor.  IMO more than anything else it boils down to who is peaking at the right time.  No doubt DV and NS are the most talented teams.  Doesn't mean they will win it, though.

Talked to a Ryan fan at the Guyer game waiting 45 mins to get out of traffic.

He's the 1st one I've heard saying Ryan won't make it to the semi's because they depend on thier D too much and the O is too vanilla.  He then goes on to say they have yet to play someone who has punched them in the mouth (they haven't really).  He thinks Ryan will lose to Lone Star because they depend on the same 4 players too much (I agree).

I should have kept chatting with the guy...but I had to find a pissed off Fiance...lol