Personal CA Top 10

DonnieWalsh

1. SJB (this may switch in a few weeks)

2. Mater Dei (^^^^^^^^)

3. Folsom (based in production after week 0)

4. DLS (could flip flop with Folsom based on the next 3 weeks)

5. Centennial (good but a tad bit overrated)

6. JSerra (cruise past Oaks)

7. Mission Viejo (as advertised)

8. Bishop A (about right)

9. Liberty (maybe a reach?)

10. Oaks Christian (overrated)

• Thumbs Down 2

regarding cen10: i felt they struggled against a mid tier Pittsburg team, at home, in a game they should have won big. granted it was early, but that is my 2 cents. they are good, but overrated.

regarding folsom: daisy chains are never good, however the showing (even 1st half score) against chaminade who played oaks very tough, is what decided it for me. the only other team they played worth half a squat (outside DLS) was del oro and that game was over in the 1st quarter. i would personally put del oro on par with liberty in norcal.

• Like 1

We'll see how long he can last before he goes full Blockhead.... My over/under is 3 weeks (right around the time of bowl games). 

Regarding your post, I don't see how you can rank Folsom ahead of DLS right now. IMO if they played today, Folsom would win but unfortunately they had their chance and blew it so there's no way to spin it. 

Regarding Del Oro, no chance they're top 10 in Cali. 

2 minutes ago, Extremely Humble said:

We'll see how long he can last before he goes full Blockhead.... My over/under is 3 weeks (right around the time of bowl games). 

Regarding your post, I don't see how you can rank Folsom ahead of DLS right now. IMO if they played today, Folsom would win but unfortunately they had their chance and blew it so there's no way to spin it. 

Regarding Del Oro, no chance they're top 10 in Cali. 

He already went full block in post #3.

Classic deflection ...

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Cal 14 said:

I think this tells me everything I need to know.

Right. Only those that haven't seen Liberty play or that have some kind of an agenda would own such an opinion.

DO is several notches below Liberty.

For the daisy chainers out there, DO easily could have lost to 2-8 Rocklin, who Liberty beat by 42.

• Thanks 3
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, Extremely Humble said:

IMO if they played today, Folsom would win

agree, which is the reason for my ranking ahead of them.

to address Liberty- they have a win against a mid tier Pittsburg team, who they were extremely lucky to beat. They also semi struggled with a very small private school in Cardinal Newman. Do I think they are better than Del Oro? Yes, but the margin is much slimmer than most think. That was my point. Both of they're top wins are against non top 10 teams, and they struggled with both.

Del Oro SoS: 27.1

Liberty SoS: 26.7

Calpreps has a projected matchup of a 12 point win for Liberty over DO. Not exactly "several notches" below as some have said. And I have zero agenda. The above are facts.

5 hours ago, DonnieWalsh said:

Well this thread went from my subjective top 10 in CA to: a warm welcome, name calling, mentioning bans, blocks, accusing, etc....

Truly heart warming welcome to a new member.

Dude.... Nevermind.....

OK, I couldn't help myself.... San Diego in an Upset by 17!.....🤣🤣🤣

8 hours ago, DonnieWalsh said:

regarding cen10: i felt they struggled against a mid tier Pittsburg team, at home, i

Two turnovers basically at the goal line, plus two TD’s called back.  They left 28 points on the field against a not that great Pitt team and still won by 28, so I guess that’s the sort of struggle most teams would like to have.

11 minutes ago, On2whls said:

Two turnovers basically at the goal line, plus two TD’s called back.  They left 28 points on the field against a not that great Pitt team and still won by 28, so I guess that’s the sort of struggle most teams would like to have.

Remember that time Cen10 struggled and scored ZERO points? Ya, me neither.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, 954gator said:

I dunno man Folsom looks to have improved so much this season.   I think they beat DLS if they played now.

why is this all sounding so familiar ;)

You have to consider the disparity between the best teams and bad teams is probably worse up north than it is down south in CA.   Don’t be fooled by the lofty scores.  

DLS still beats Folsom, although Folsom might score this time around.

• Like 2