The "SHIP" SJB vs MD Second round

eddiev

37 minutes ago, eddiev said:

Please elaborate on why you think SJB would win. Thank you for your input.

It comes down to two important factors: line play and depth.

SJB has the edge over MD in both areas. Why did SJB win in 2016? Dominated the LOS with Wyatt Davis and ran for (too many yards to count). Why did MD win in 2017? Dominated the LOS and JTD picked apart the SJB secondary because he had no pressure. SJB rotates 8-9 D1-level dudes on their D-Line and they were able to pressure/contain BYoung all game in the league game. I don't see it being any different now, especially with Murao out for MD. Also, MD has other depth issues at LB and DB (playing frosh - good frosh, but still frosh). Negro/DJ exploited these mismatches in October, and I would expect to see something similar on Friday. 

I had some initial reservations about SJB''s O-line play earlier in the season (D-line was never a concern), especially after the JSerra game. But the SJB O-line has been playing lights-out since that game. Specifically, Drake Metcalf (LT) has been an absolute monster and some of the underclassmen have started to come into their own.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, dntn31 said:

It comes down to two important factors: line play and depth.

SJB has the edge over MD in both areas. Why did SJB win in 2016? Dominated the LOS with Wyatt Davis and ran for (too many yards to count). Why did MD win in 2017? Dominated the LOS and JTD picked apart the SJB secondary because he had no pressure. SJB rotates 8-9 D1-level dudes on their D-Line and they were able to pressure/contain BYoung all game in the league game. I don't see it being any different now, especially with Murao out for MD. Also, MD has other depth issues at LB and DB (playing frosh - good frosh, but still frosh). Negro/DJ exploited these mismatches in October, and I would expect to see something similar on Friday. 

I had some initial reservations about SJB''s O-line play earlier in the season (D-line was never a concern), especially after the JSerra game. But the SJB O-line has been playing lights-out since that game. Specifically, Drake Metcalf (LT) has been an absolute monster and some of the underclassmen have started to come into their own.

I don't think it will be close this time either...SJB is playing at a level (I mean "Tier") by themselves.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Agree. SJB is the clear #1 this season. 

What sucks is that the Trinity and WCAC teams will no longer be permitted to play each other in OOS games due to the new, idiotic "IMG Rule" Cali just passed. Because the WCAC schools don't participate in their state playoffs, they're wrongly lumped in with IMG. SJB and MD may never lose an OOS game ever again now!! Smh 

They participate in a playoff — I doubt CA intended to forbid them and won’t be overly technical on interpretation

it was clearly an IMG rule 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, eddiev said:

Who wins and why?

Heart says MD but head says Bosco. This is the best Bosco team IMO. They literally have no weakness that can ce exposed. I think MD will play much better than the first meeting this season but Bosco is just too much. I hope MD proves me wrong. MD has been this position before where they were clear underdogs against Eisenhower and Bishop Amat in the finals but won those games pretty convincingly. Perhaps Rollo, Money and EJ will pull off another masterpiece.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

We'll see. In attempting to setup a triple header in 2019 between the top 3 teams in each conference, I've already been alerted by at least one official that the IMG Rule would prohibit such an event. 

You should probably try and get a clarification from the CIF since these schools do participate in a playoff while the IMG,Oak Hills of the world do not

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

What sucks is that the Trinity and WCAC teams will no longer be permitted to play each other in OOS games due to the new, idiotic "IMG Rule" Cali just passed. Because the WCAC schools don't participate in their state playoffs, they're wrongly lumped in with IMG. SJB and MD may never lose an OOS game ever again now!! Smh 

Well they will lose if they play real Florida teams. 

Its actually old hat. 

Florida is 3-0 all time against current trinity league teams 

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

See the source image

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

Heart says MD but head says Bosco. This is the best Bosco team IMO. They literally have no weakness that can ce exposed. I think MD will play much better than the first meeting this season but Bosco is just too much. I hope MD proves me wrong. MD has been this position before where they were clear underdogs against Eisenhower and Bishop Amat in the finals but won those games pretty convincingly. Perhaps Rollo, Money and EJ will pull off another masterpiece.

Gotta have faith

Image result for gotta have faith gif

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Coach Negro just confirmed that because none of the WCAC schools are considered "Academies," we're good to go!! Will keep everyone updated on this exciting oppty. 

SJB w DJ coming back should open up 1 to start the 2019 year..... a team with some brass balls will have to accept the challenge. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

SJB w DJ coming back should open up 1 to start the 2019 year..... a team with some brass balls will have to accept the challenge. 

I doubt any team from TX, really hoping STA give them their rematch, but at this point a home game vs SBJ would be suicidal for anyone next year. 

7 minutes ago, Kalven said:

I doubt any team from TX, really hoping STA give them their rematch, but at this point a home game vs SBJ would be suicidal for anyone next year. 

I Think either STA or SJC are ideal.

Maybe one of those home and one away? That would be great for us fans. 

I expect Negro to schedule as aggressively as possible with the quarterback in his SR year. 

Might even go for back to back natties if they beat MD this wknd? 

So that would be 3 national titles in 7 years including 18 and 19. 

Earned titles too....