MD 35 - DLS 21 (F)

DLS_Spartan

After seeing DLS in person, I was pretty impressed.  Outside of the Top 2 Trinity league teams, I don't see anyone else in Calf beating them or even staying within 14.  DLS is getting better and better each year, and will be back in the mix very soon.

Also thought that the DLS coaches had some great plays drawn up which resulted in big gainers.  All passing plays.  MD coaches were out coached.  Such as Going cover 0 on third and 12 and getting tricked to moving the safety with the motion man, leaving nobody in the center of the field.  LOL.  Good one by the DLS coaches.

DLS was VERY fortunate on several plays and very fortunate overall to be in the game in the 4th qtr.  The DLS secondary was getting torched, but they front 7 did well stopping the run.

The bad snap over the punters head was very unlike a DLS team.

The DLS QB played well, but only has 1 read. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dntn31 said:

Enjoy the ring from 2015. It might be the last one the Spartans see for quite some time.

Probably. DLS will never sell its soul like certain schools have.  So I’ll have patiently wait for that once in a generation Spartan team that will take down your transferred up SoCal all star teams. It’ll happen one day, and it’ll feel great for everyone except said transferred up all star teams. It’ll actually feel like what winning a state championship oughta feel like.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, PrepGridiron said:

Proud of my team. 

Impressed by MD

Disappointed in Harper. 

Good night y’all

Good night, my man! I had a fun with you and your son tonight. Wish we’da had better outcome, but it was still a good time. It’s always more fun to watch games with other HSFBers. The beer was cold and the pizza was delicious. Thank you for continuing to provide us a forum for us to enjoy our hobby. It’s been a great season.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

Probably. DLS will never sell its soul like certain schools have.  So I’ll have patiently wait for that once in a generation Spartan team that will take down your transferred up SoCal all star teams. It’ll happen one day, and it’ll feel great for everyone except said transferred up all star teams. It’ll actually feel like what winning a state championship oughta feel like.

I'd be curious what your definitions are for "selling your soul" and "all star team". 

16 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

2018 DLS was much better than the past two years and maybe better than 2015 too.  

DLS is back and put some real pressure on The Stache tonight.  The next 2 years are going to be toss ups in the SBG Open

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

DJ Willaims went to a catholic school his 8th grade year in the Concord area? 🤔

15 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

2018 DLS was much better than the past two years and maybe better than 2015 too.  

DLS is back and put some real pressure on The Stache tonight.  The next 2 years are going to be toss ups in the SBG Open

I love ya, Sammy. I like your optimism. But let’s keep it real. 2018 DLS was a solid squad. Clearly a top But clearly a tier below MD. I don’t see that changing anytime soon without DLS changing it’s way of doing business...as in transferring players in themselves.  I don’t see that happening. Crazier things have happened though.

2 hours ago, DLS_Spartan said:

I really wonder when NorCal is gonna go full so-cal and open the floodgates when it comes to recruiting. 

NorCal can't put together MD/ SJB rosters

To be sure, DLS could certainly add talent if they wanted to go that route -- Joe Mixon and Najee Harris both lived closer to DLS than my kids, and I think, despite the score, DLS showed tonight (vs last 2 years) that they can play with those teams, NorCal just doesn't have as much talent all together as those two rosters -- neither do about 45 states.

I respect MD's talent -- truly awesome, but I hope DLS doesn't change 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Eddyr2 said:

DJ Willaims went to a catholic school his 8th grade year in the Concord area? 🤔

DJ Williams was a Spartan from day one freahman year, and became arguably the best Captain that DLS ever had. But to answer your question. No. He was from Sac. But you knew that. I’m ok with any kid who comes in as a freshman. Sophomore transfers are marginal. Juniors and seniors are unacceptable to me and to a lots of other people. MD and Bosco clearly don’t have an issue at all. I guess when you’re the school receiving all of the fruits of the hard work put in elsewhere, not gonna be too upset with that now, right?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, THEOC89 said:

All I know Is spitting in someone’s face is indefensible..... MD sold its soul... Rollo is a Joke....

Agreed

I like to think that Rollo is trying -- the suspension of Ricks et al say that, but you put that many prima donnas on one team, a lot of them, especially the elite ones, not at Mater Dei as frosh getting that experience/ bonding/ culture, and you're going to be challenged

I'd also like to think that no one informed him his RB spit in someone's face

Makes me remember the WR coach-gate from the offseason

Definitely seems like a deal was made with the Devil, but the Devil delivered his end 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Pops said:

Agreed

I like to think that Rollo is trying -- the suspension of Ricks et al say that, but you put that many prima donnas on one team, a lot of them, especially the elite ones, not at Mater Dei as frosh getting that experience/ bonding/ culture, and you're going to be challenged

I'd also like to think that no one informed him his RB spit in someone's face

Makes me remember the WR coach-gate from the offseason

Definitely seems like a deal was made with the Devil, but the Devil delivered his end 

😈

6 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

The MD front seven was beastly, busting into the backfield and throwing the DLS backs around, and DLS has a very good O-line.   

I guess you can say they are a good o-line comparing to most other team's  o-lines, but it certainly is not up to par with the normal DLS lines. To ,many missed blocks, and don't have the normal push. Last years o-line was, imop much better, and each yr before that. That, and the DB's were a weak point in tonight's game.