Cen10 vs OOS

SoCalFball

1 minute ago, SoCalFball said:

I know Cen10 has had preliminary convos with John Curtis Louisiana, St. Louis Hawaii and Don Bosco New Jersey. Don’t think the last one is gonna work because it’s the same week Cen10 has a game with another team. 

You can always bet on Cen10 taking on some of the best....every year! 

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

PGL is working very closely w Cen10 re 2019 OOS opptys. Last week, we sent out two scheduling alerts on their behalf. 

Due to their financial limitations, they're one of the toughest programs in America to find games for. 

And due to their hard to prepare for high powered offense. 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

The CIF screwed Cen10 by bannng IMG going fwd. They would've been the perfect, annual, OOS opponent for Cen10 as they don't require any $$ to travel. Smh. 

This is Lame by the CIf.... If Top TIER CA Teams want to play IMG let them.... They are all big boys and don’t need the CIF’s “Protection”

Gotta Luv CC “We will Play Anyone”!!!...🙂

• Like 3

Just now, SoCalFball said:

It's the school. Not that they are really poor it's just from my understanding they don't fund raise a lot. 

Time for Logan to setup a booster club.  Or get them to be more active.  With as much success and recognition that school has received, you would think it would not be that hard to raise funds. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, SoCalFball said:

It's the school. Not that they are really poor it's just from my understanding they don't fund raise a lot. 

Everyone in Corona spends on all their $ on gas as they spend 3 hours each day sitting in traffic on the 91. 🤐

(nothing but ❤️ for my 951 brethren)

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, SoCalFball said:

Aside from selling Cen10 gear at the game, and the concession stand (which my wife worked numerous times) I’m not aware of of any organized approach.

Santiago, just 1.5 mi up the same road raises a lot more (not necessarily for football), but the socioeconomics between the schools is very different.

3 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

Time for Logan to setup a booster club.  Or get them to be more active.  With as much success and recognition that school has received, you would think it would not be that hard to raise funds. 

In a couple years when Logan is coaching the Monarchs he will have alumni and boosters throwing plenty of money his way.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, THEOC89 said:

This is Lame by the CIf.... If Top TIER CA Teams want to play IMG let them.... They are all big boys and don’t need the CIF’s “Protection”

Gotta Luv CC “We will Play Anyone”!!!...🙂

Don’t know if it’s lame or not but definitely hypocritical with what they are allowing in-house 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NotBigdaddybloom said:

They do have a booster club and fundraise as well, but as a public school, the monies from ticket sales are distributed to other school activities on an equal basis.

That’s why when some talk about recruiting, what does Centennial have to offer...other than playing for a great coach?

Damn y'all do the same thing as Tampa does... 

Is it only for Cen10 athletics or the whole district?

1 hour ago, NotBigdaddybloom said:

They do have a booster club and fundraise as well, but as a public school, the monies from ticket sales are distributed to other school activities on an equal basis.

That’s why when some talk about recruiting, what does Centennial have to offer...other than playing for a great coach?

What does anyone have to offer?

hopefully, Bru isn’t driving around in a new Camaro 

assume they want to play for a high profile team with and against other talented kids 

CC does that about as well as anyone 

Who else needed to beat 3 national top 5 teams in a row to win state championship?

12 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Well the "protection" is made up of coaches and AD's statewide.

Am I right?

BGW

To Be Honest, I have no Idea How it works... I Just read that this year was the last Chance MD would have to play IMG because CIF will not allow it's members to play those types of teams...

I Just don't see the point of it being a "Rule", No Team who doesn't think they can play with IMG would schedule them so it doesn't make sense to me...

It may have to do with Coaches Being worried IMG will recruit their players, but if their players are that good, IMG is likely recruiting them anyway...

Maybe someone else would know better then I... :) 

• Like 1