May as Well Get This Out There... (Colquitt News)

HawgGoneIt

1 hour ago, ATLien12x said:

I get why folks outside of Moultrie don’t like Propst. 

What i dont get is why anyone inside the city wants him gone. Like it or not, he has put Colquitt County on the map especially in football 

To understand Moultrie, one would have to live here for a good long while. The ones that do finally get an understanding on how nasty the small town politics are around here usually move off to places like Amelia Island or 30A. xD

Seriously though... some folks only see the bad history, and the story ended there for them. They didn't notch a win when they were vocal about not wanting Rush hired here and they've always been bitter since. 

Any time that faction can stir up some junk, they will. 

Rush is in probably a more high profile position in Moultrie than the mayor. Don't think there aren't some powerful types that aren't jealous as fuck and have the means to make shit go certain ways if they try hard enough.

Anyway, anyone that has been around a high profile program for any length of time at all kind of sees the weird shit where people are jockeying for positions in the program, on the team, etc. Anytime one of them might not exactly get their way is a potential "enemy" to attack at the coach or program if they get a chance. 

Hopefully this thing is just more bullshit and it blows by with some personnel that are at issue, exiting stage left. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

To understand Moultrie, one would have to live here for a good long while. The ones that do finally get an understanding on how nasty the small town politics are around here usually move off to places like Amelia Island or 30A. xD

Seriously though... some folks only see the bad history, and the story ended there for them. They didn't notch a win when they were vocal about not wanting Rush hired here and they've always been bitter since. 

Any time that faction can stir up some junk, they will. 

Rush is in probably a more high profile position in Moultrie than the mayor. Don't think there aren't some powerful types that aren't jealous as fuck and have the means to make shit go certain ways if they try hard enough.

Anyway, anyone that has been around a high profile program for any length of time at all kind of sees the weird shit where people are jockeying for positions in the program, on the team, etc. Anytime one of them might not exactly get their way is a potential "enemy" to attack at the coach or program if they get a chance. 

Hopefully this thing is just more bullshit and it blows by with some personnel that are at issue, exiting stage left. 

Well...I've only been around the program since 1967...and I've only had my season tickets since 1975.  I still maintain my season tickets even though I live about 197 miles from the stadium (on an Island).  Moultrie/Colquitt athletics and the corresponding political environment has had some really nice spats over the years...but the thing with Rush has outshown even the worst ones back in the late 70's.  I'm not sure if this stuff is legit and I don't think it's gonna take too long to ascertain its validity.  Either Rush remains the HC or he doesn't.  The timing couldn't be much worse for the program...but I suppose it is what it is.

If Rush survives...it won't be the last time they come after him.  If he doesn't...I could just offer a real good guess as to where the party will be.

Rufus>>

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rufus69 said:

Well...I've only been around the program since 1967...and I've only had my season tickets since 1975.  I still maintain my season tickets even though I live about 197 miles from the stadium (on an Island).  Moultrie/Colquitt athletics and the corresponding political environment has had some really nice spats over the years...but the thing with Rush has outshown even the worst ones back in the late 70's.  I'm not sure if this stuff is legit and I don't think it's gonna take too long to ascertain its validity.  Either Rush remains the HC or he doesn't.  The timing couldn't be much worse for the program...but I suppose it is what it is.

If Rush survives...it won't be the last time they come after him.  If he doesn't...I could just offer a real good guess as to where the party will be.

Rufus>>

The timing is really bad. 

In need of an offensive coordinator and head coach on the outside for the moment. I'm sure there is other positions needing filled. I think maybe rb's coach? Idk. Always a bit of a carousel in the off season around here anyway. 

Time has a way of slipping away on you, and time is always of the essence in a program.

This may be the understatement of the millenium, but, things like this certainly aren't helpful. 

Idk if yall noticed....

But Buford, Grayson, McEachern, Calhoun & Cartersville will all have new HCs next year.

Cant believe Hal Lamb is leaving Calhoun... & Coach Hockman is leaving McEachern.

Coach Hockman is probably going to New Hampstead... (Wtf?)

Calhoun promoted Clay Stephenson from within.

McEachern is a great job for someone.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Idk if yall noticed....

But Buford, Grayson, McEachern, Calhoun & Cartersville will all have new HCs next year.

Cant believe Hal Lamb is leaving Calhoun... & Coach Hockman is leaving McEachern.

Coach Hockman is probably going to New Hampstead... (Wtf?)

Calhoun promoted Clay Stephenson from within.

McEachern is a great job for someone.

He is going to New Hampstead HS I said this before... 

And why Idk... That's a dumbass move I'm sorry coach Hockman is a good coach and NHHS has a good team ball type team... But they are not Mceachern... He is taking a major talent and athlete cut... 

As far as pay goes. IDK.... NHHS isn't apart of the same pay system as the Savannah schools... Because it's in Bloomingdale... It's one of the 2 HS's in the county that's not a Savannah city influenced school... it's complicated... 

45 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Not until someone else does.  No way am I going to hear the wrath of our mod again.  Or if he says go for it then ok I will. 

You can say that shit again, and again and again. xD

On a real tip, idc if you say anything. There is so many rumors flying around that one more or a repeat of one of the same ones couldn't hurt. It's only your own credibility at risk after all.

I'm not saying publicly anything that I've heard because it's all bullshit until some proof comes out. 

Right now the only hard truth out there is there is an investigation and Rush is on paid administrative leave pending results.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

You can say that shit again, and again and again. xD

On a real tip, idc if you say anything. There is so many rumors flying around that one more or a repeat of one of the same ones couldn't hurt. It's only your own credibility at risk after all.

I'm not saying publicly anything that I've heard because it's all bullshit until some proof comes out. 

Right now the only hard truth out there is there is an investigation and Rush is on paid administrative leave pending results.

I am not saying a thing until facts come out. I've had a few convos thru message asking me about and if what I'm being told comes out, they can vouch I said nothing publicly. My dominus. 

I’ve heard two different rumors, each one at opposite ends of the spectrum.... one with the caveat that he is as good as gone. Like others, I’ll keep them to myself until I hear something from a source close to the investigation. I will say this, as far as I know, the sheriffs office is not involved in any criminal investigation, and I would prolly know if we were.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ron169 said:

I’ve heard two different rumors, each one at opposite ends of the spectrum.... one with the caveat that he is as good as gone. Like others, I’ll keep them to myself until I hear something from a source close to the investigation. I will say this, as far as I know, the sheriffs office is not involved in any criminal investigation, and I would prolly know if we were.

What even happened?

7 hours ago, ron169 said:

That squashes one pretty nasty rumor then. 

It's amazing the shit that people make up. 

Fact: Every year... and I mean, every year since Rush has been here, around this same time, rumor after rumor about Rush's exodus or demise start flying.

We have an administration in place now that clearly is nonwhere near as friendly to or happy about the successes of the football program or the attention that the coach garners. 

A rumor here and a rumor there and here we go with internal investigations and that type shit. 

There's a rumor for y'all. 

10 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

You've heard nothing Any different than us or the news sources... 

But the GA boards a saying Lee County may be in trouble too... 

Wtf is going on... 

I heard one rumor that he got caught with Robert Kraft at the day spa in Florida . Idk if the guy was joking or not but that rumor Spread quick like a wildfire... anotherone was DUI.