May as Well Get This Out There... (Colquitt News)

HawgGoneIt

1 minute ago, Sportsnut said:

I hope this is not Colquitt's Lovejoy moment.

It can be established by a small number of individuals. 

Coach Hughes was on the phone setting up visits when they came to his office.

47-6 in 4 years with 2 ship games in 2 classes, 4A and 6A and you get fired?

Tell me about the politics of it all.

I'd like to think that Colquitt is in a better position than Lovejoy when it comes to hiring a proven HC. I speak in terms of finances and support for the program.

If the non-football elitists have their way, then it could very easily become another Tim Chokely hiring and the program will be dismantled.

34 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

To be honest....this ordeal is something that's gonna be very hard for Rush to navigate.  Even if he comes out on the top side of the "investigation"....he should probably still consider picking up and moving on.   I think he's in a conundrum where he's not gonna be able to win for losing.   He simply has way too many "frenemies".   With his age and his health...he really doesn't need the shit that comes with the Packer program.  

I believe we'll know the outcome REAL soon.....

Rufus>>

I second that. I would resign and tell the Board of Education and the GPSC to kiss my ass. Maybe head over to Texas or Florida and get 10 years in before retiring, health permitting of course.

9 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

I'd like to think that Colquitt is in a better position than Lovejoy when it comes to hiring a proven HC. I speak in terms of finances and support for the program.

If the non-football elitists have their way, then it could very easily become another Tim Chokely hiring and the program will be dismantled.

Uh....Colquitt is excellent position to hire a Top Tier HC should the move be needed.  When there's blood in the water...it's amazing who you'll hear from....(Smile).

Rufus>>

• Haha 1

Love him or hate him Propst is a great coach. As far as the accusations flying around I don't think it will be long before a definitive answer comes out. I think you could accuse him of anything you wanted and it would gain traction right now (I heard Rush was _________________________________________..) Just fill in the blank. Just make sure you said you have inside info and say it with authority and it will spread like wildfire. For better or worse this is pointing towards the end of his tenure in Moultrie. If he is guilty of something bad..... he's gone. If this is nothing more than a witch hunt....... he will probably say F.U. all and leave. I really hate that this is happening but its been coming for a while. He HAS burnt many a bridge in Colquitt County. I'm not going to elaborate but the local folks on this post are fully aware. I will say this he has been a great coach to my child along the way and he has learned a lot underneath coach Propst.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, 94Packer said:

Love him or hate him Propst is a great coach. As far as the accusations flying around I don't think it will be long before a definitive answer comes out. I think you could accuse him of anything you wanted and it would gain traction right now (I heard Rush was _________________________________________..) Just fill in the blank. Just make sure you said you have inside info and say it with authority and it will spread like wildfire. For better or worse this is pointing towards the end of his tenure in Moultrie. If he is guilty of something bad..... he's gone. If this is nothing more than a witch hunt....... he will probably say F.U. all and leave. I really hate that this is happening but its been coming for a while. He HAS burnt many a bridge in Colquitt County. I'm not going to elaborate but the local folks on this post are fully aware. I will say this he has been a great coach to my child along the way and he has learned a lot underneath coach Propst.

The "they" really got to him last year. 

After some events around this same time, a little later than this same time last season, the atmosphere around the program changed and never got back right all year. 

This mess is just like the cherry on top for the "they."

I say this really begrudgingly, I'd mostly imagine he is gone one way or another.

*In my best conway twitty voice*Hello  3-7 or 4-6. Nice to see ya.  It's been a long tiiiime... You're just as lovely as you used to be...

xD

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

The "they" really got to him last year. 

After some events around this same time, a little later than this same time last season, the atmosphere around the program changed and never got back right all year. 

This mess is just like the cherry on top for the "they."

I say this really begrudgingly, I'd mostly imagine he is gone one way or another.

*In my best conway twitty voice*Hello  3-7 or 4-6. Nice to see ya.  It's been a long tiiiime... You're just as lovely as you used to be...

xD

Back to playing Cook,Worth and Thomas Central. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Part of me thinks Propst might be innocent because is paid Leave, but what  I don’t like is that he didn’t come out in public and Deny the Extreme allegations against him

What are the extreme allegations? 

Regardless of what anyone says or thinks, Rush is being pushed out right now. Pushed out. 

His choices aren't very pretty either way.

29 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Part of me thinks Propst might be innocent because is paid Leave, but what  I don’t like is that he didn’t come out in public and Deny the Extreme allegations against him

What extreme allegations? 

Dude this nothing more than the Anti Rush faction being a pain in the ass... 

They'd rather see Rush& the Packets fail  than succeed and make money and win Championships...

It's the you faction.... 

The United States has become one BIG investigation.....

Pick a topic and it's being investigated by some people who need to be investigated themselves a lot of times.

Part of me knows Rush is one of the best HCs around and part of me knows also Colquitt knew what they were getting when they hired Rush however it plays out.

I really have no other comments about the Colquitt situation.....other than it sounds like it's a "situation"...

37 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

They're certainly letting the rumor mill have it's way with all manner of shit while silently investigating "personnel issues" and having the coach on paid leave. 

Who is “they”? Why is “they” allowed to get away with it? This is some tele-novella dramatic shit here. 

If there’s this anti rush faction, where is the pro rush faction to stand up to “they”? Does the pro rush faction not have the balls to stand up to “they”? 

2 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

Who is “they”? Why is “they” allowed to get away with it? This is some tele-novella dramatic shit here. 

If there’s this anti rush faction, where is the pro rush faction to stand up to “they”? Does the pro rush faction not have the balls to stand up to “they”? 

Lol. You'll have to buy the book. xD

• Like 1

1 hour ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

What the Ga boards are saying.

From DUI to steroids to giving out pain killers..

Who are those people though?  

Anonymous posters throwing shit at the wall.

The administration is tight lipped letting the shit spin out there like a washing machine full of cow flop. Great disservice to the coach and the program and even the community in general. 

Tell me how the official statement of personnel issues pertain to a dui, or any of those other rumors?  Is the superintendant full of shit? 

If there was any criminal activity on the part of a staffer or the head coach, the sheriffs dept  or some other legal entity should be involved. Things like pain killers without prescription are illegal. Where's all the cops? 

If the coach had a dui, you can bet your ass the papers would be all over it. 

People have been saying stuff about steroids and whatever other lies ever since Rush turned the program around down here. There has been Packer fans made memes about it. That's where the Packers Whoop Juice memes came from 10 years ago. 

It's just not very responsible to even repeat such bullshit. Of course there aren't that many responsible type people around the internet I guess, so there is that.

• Like 2