May as Well Get This Out There... (Colquitt News)

HawgGoneIt

I know this because I was raised in a city where that was common not to far or different from Moultrie... 

I give the Packers alot of crap as a joke but Tifton and Moultrie are far more similar than you think... 

They're both trying to expand and make change but at the same time the old big money folks don't want it... 

The Tift HC has a hard job because outside influence has found it's way in... Similar to Colquitt... 

And here's a bit of another example: 

Tifton doesn't have an IHOP Random I know but here's why... Old heads love the Waffle House and they're not allowing competition in... 

They got positions on the city council,Etc. Running the city.

Small town politics. 

However the Old heads are fighting an uphill battle because I-75,US 82 and 319 run through Tifton forcing expansion and then there's another Interstate coming soon which will lead from Tifton to somewhere in Texas. It's growing faster than the older folks like. 

Now where does Rush fit into any of this stuff in Colquitt? 

He's a successful coach. 

He came in and turned Colquitt around. 

He's not only turning Colquitt into a Championship winning program hes also getting more money and developing a name not just in the county but the nation... 

It's simple Jealousy... 

That's what it all roots to. 

And anything That could potentially lead to Rush getting knocked down a peg they'll leap at it even if they gotta make shit up... 

I'm sure Rush knew the risk when he came to Colquitt. 

He's no stranger to this I assure you... 

Small town politics run his home state of Alabama... 

If you're looking for somewhere a bit less rough... Well... 

You might wanna look into Camden.... 

They're way more laid back... 

Which is why Coffey lasted as long as he did... 

I swear it's that damn ocean water.... 

Everyone there is just so damn cool... 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

My source is telling me that at least 15 players from the '15 Chip team were getting paid in this fashion. 

It is being said these boys were being paid to move the furniture from the old school to the new school over the summer.  If that's the case, more power to them and the school system for putting the money into the boys.  I wouldn't read too much into substitute teachers.  I've seen far too many coding errors in databases to have a lot of faith in that.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 4

53 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

My source is telling me that at least 15 players from the '15 Chip team were getting paid in this fashion. 

Many students are employed over the summers to complete various tasks for the school system: moving furniture, painting, etc. I had friends on the football team during my school days that did the same. Colquitt is not and has not been paying athletes for sport.

This has nothing to do with the current circumstances.

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

A very well-revered journalist in ATL told me he heard that several CQ players had been getting paid for "substitute teaching." The rumors are certainly all over the place. 

If that journalist was very revered, they would have checked on the story before sharing unsubstantiated claims.

• Like 1

If I told all the rumors I'd heard over the past two days, guys would be like "boom! There it is!" 

Haha.  It's all rumors right now.

I think they need to tell their sources so we can all know how close they are to the situation. 404 fans. 

Hell I've heard at least 20 different stories from sources close to the program in the last 36 hours. None have been substantiated. And none match the official statement of "personnel issues" exactly.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

And GSB is an avid follower to all of the aforementioned news outlets.

Well, we have to get our news somewhere. Hahaha. 

I figured out for sure that Theo Dorsey from WALB follows these sites yesterday. I mean I already knew he did, because of some "breaking news" that we've posted here before and then it was almost immediately picked up on WALB. 

Even they have to get their scoops from somewhere. 

I just wish they'd toss us a bone and source us when they try stealing the scoop. xD

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

If I told all the rumors I'd heard over the past two days, guys would be like "boom! There it is!" 

Haha.  It's all rumors right now.

I think they need to tell their sources so we can all know how close they are to the situation. 404 fans. 

Hell I've heard at least 20 different stories from sources close to the program in the last 36 hours. None have been substantiated. And none match the official statement of "personnel issues" exactly.

To be honest....this ordeal is something that's gonna be very hard for Rush to navigate.  Even if he comes out on the top side of the "investigation"....he should probably still consider picking up and moving on.   I think he's in a conundrum where he's not gonna be able to win for losing.   He simply has way too many "frenemies".   With his age and his health...he really doesn't need the shit that comes with the Packer program.  

I believe we'll know the outcome REAL soon.....

Rufus>>

1 minute ago, Rufus69 said:

To be honest....this ordeal is something that's gonna be very hard for Rush to navigate.  Even if he comes out on the top side of the "investigation"....he should probably still consider picking up and moving on.   I think he's in a conundrum where he's not gonna be able to win for losing.   He simply has way too many "frenemies".   With his age and his health...he really doesn't need the shit that comes with the Packer program.  

I believe we'll know the outcome REAL soon.....

Rufus>>

I figure the entire thing is meant/manufactured or whatever in order to get Rush to move on. 

This thing had been like a slow motion train wreck ever since KG retired. I've been paying attention. I've seen each move and took notice when things "ratcheted down" on the old ball coach. 

He may want to move along. I wouldn't blame him. If he does... They win. 

I've come around to really disliking "they" over the last 3 years or so.

I could probably write an unsubstantiated and unsourced book about all the bullshit that I've either seen, or heard surrounding CRP and the Packer program. 

Most of it wouldn't be bad shit on Rush, but pretty tough on "they."  Maybe the cover photo could be an image of Tick jacking Rush up on the Pebblebrook sideline a coupla years back. 

xD

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I could probably write an unsubstantiated and unsourced book about all the bullshit that I've either seen, or heard surrounding CRP and the Packer program. 

Most of it wouldn't be bad shit on Rush, but pretty tough on "they."  Maybe the cover photo could be an image of Tick jacking Rush up on the Pebblebrook sideline a coupla years back. 

xD

LOL....I've made my position known many times on the GAVSV.....

Tick is a steely-eyed missile-man !!!!!!!

I've got his back....

(Smile)....

Rufus>>

• Haha 1

Just now, Rufus69 said:

LOL....I've made my position known many times on the GAVSV.....

Tick is a steely-eyed missile-man !!!!!!!

I've got his back....

(Smile)....

Rufus>>

I've seen you fellas talking before or around games. 

"If you ever need anything, let me know" Tick said to you once. 

I pay attention. Read lips. Hear shit. Etc.

:D