High school football rankings: Sporting News' Preseason Top 25 for 2019

RedZone

13 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Just as good as any of the others out right now. Preseason polls are extremely tough in July. 

You should do a top 25. I think the board would enjoy that immensely. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

They have Cartersville as the best team in Georgia. 

AlarmingFreeHawaiianmonkseal-size_restricted.gif.7e836f13fd41e19b0455ac96690ca66f.gif

I haven't heard anyone in Georgia talking them up since sunshine graduated. 

Cartersville lost their HC Joey King that brought them back to relevancy. Their new HC has never been a HC before. 

Cartersville as #1 in GA & in the Top 25 nationally is preposterous.

• Like 1

Three of the top ten are in the same league:  WCAC (SJC, DM, GZ).  I’ve been obsessively following hs football rankings since USA Today’s first top 25 in 1981 and have never seen this before.  Add in SFA in Baltimore forty miles from downtown DC and four of the ten best hs teams in the United States are in the Baltimore Washington metro area.

All four are playing national schedules including multiple coastal games (historically unheard of) with schools from both coasts visiting each other.

Frankly, if an athlete is truly talented, these four schools (five with Good Counsel) are each an incredible opportunity for exposure as well as (along with SoCal) the most nationally competitive in America. Kevin Plank (UnderArmour) literally put $15 million into his alma Mater and dramatically raised the bar.  DM and GZ have both accepted the challenge.  

They offer the very real opportunity to be part of something special.

Within 100 air miles of downtown DC there are perhaps 12+ million people. DC/Baltimore metro area is almost 9.8 million-closing in on Chicago as third largest in the U. S. https://ggwash.org/view/amp/69285  My guess is that the absolute best athletic talent is going to these schools.

By the way:  what happened to IMG?  I will suggest it’s over.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Cartersville lost their HC Joey King that brought them back to relevancy. Their new HC has never been a HC before. 

Cartersville as #1 in GA & in the Top 25 nationally is preposterous.

How does he even begin to think Cartersville is top in Georgia this year? 

Maybe I missed something from them? Have they stacked up like Grayson did in '16? 

I've gotta be missing.something, or, he has Georgia really off. Hahaha

WHY do these polls keep picking Allen over Lake Travis is beyond me.

Allen technically had 1 starter returning on Defense.  ONE!!!  I dont care if Allen has 6000 students...it takes time for a team to gell on Varsity Level.  They may be Top 25...But they're doing LT a disservice with these rankings.

• Like 1

I think I'll throw a Preseason Top 25 together next week and then archive it......I'll then update the poll after Week 6 and see how good/strong my poll actually is going forward.

Most people will forget 80% of all the teams that were ranked Weeks 1-6. 👍

• Like 5

11 hours ago, RedZone said:

I think I'll throw a Preseason Top 25 together next week and then archive it......I'll then update the poll after Week 6 and see how good/strong my poll actually is going forward.

Most people will forget 80% of all the teams that were ranked Weeks 1-6. 👍

Will you still be here after Week 6, or will you have had another “I’m leaving”  tantrum by then?  

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Frosty4024 said:

WHY do these polls keep picking Allen over Lake Travis is beyond me.

Allen technically had 1 starter returning on Defense.  ONE!!!  I dont care if Allen has 6000 students...it takes time for a team to gell on Varsity Level.  They may be Top 25...But they're doing LT a disservice with these rankings.

They’re also lazy, they don’t do a lot of research on teams.  They rely on previous reputation too much