STA Got Lucky, Bergen Catholic Game has Been Cancelled

imaGoodBoyNow

50 minutes ago, BigDrop said:

Although we live in the D. C. suburbs I have two brothers in Florida-one in Daytona and the other in Pensacola.  I have a close 50+ year friend (I am old) who lives in Boynton Beach and one of my best friends here has a second home in Sarasota. I say all this because this storm is absolutely terrifying to all of them.  I truly care what happens.

My friend in Boynton Beach (South Florida, Atlantic Coast) told me it is useless to try to evacuate.  Traffic gridlocks for 400+ miles north and the fear is being caught in the hurricane while still in your car.  So he and his wife stay home.

Somehow a high school football game seems meaningless in the face of a major hurricane.  And, a category five?

Please, anyone reading this in the southeastern United States:  protect yourself and your loved ones as best you can.

954Gator, please read what I wrote.  My friend in Boynton Beach has been through four hurricanes since the late ‘90’s and finds the last minute decision to evacuate futile.

It is responsible to plan now.

7 hours ago, 954gator said:

Oh no!  Honestly it's so far out who knows where it's gonna go.   So early to cancel.   Weak. 

Get back to me when the news says a hurricane will be "one of the weakest in history".   SMH.  

Oh no!  Honestly it's so far out who knows where it's gonna go.   So early to cancel.   Weak. 

Better safe than sorry I guess... 

Also... I don't think we'll be hearing that anytime soon.... 

Man Hurricanes in recent years have been getting bigger and stronger... 

I remember in 2008 when Hurricane Gustav was bearing down on NOLA John Curtis still traveled to Dallas to play Euless Trinity......many thought that was absurd, but turned out the storm was a dud for NOLA which was a blessing......Curtis kids didn't know that at the time though as they were playing when the storm hit.

https://footballfoundation.org/news/2008/9/2/_51901.aspx

6 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Nice. Flying out of Trenton was not optimal. 

I don’t care how much money someone has if you can Save $200-$300 per Head on flight tickets, why would you not wanna save the thousands of dollars and sacrifice sitting in hard plastic chairs for 4 hours 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/newyork.cbslocal.com/2019/08/27/frontier-announced-new-newark-based-flights-some-just-15-each-way/amp/

D27EBD4D-B664-4C43-92BF-B3504344D76F.png

1 minute ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

I don’t care how much money someone has if you can Save $200-$300 per Head on flight tickets, why would you not wanna save the thousands of dollars and sacrifice sitting in hard plastic chairs for 4 hours 

Because you're not saving $200-$300. Spirit has hidden costs for everything.

The savings are literally only enough to entice cheapskates like GardenStateBaller.

• Thumbs Down 1